No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +14.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Enemy NPC
 Author Enemy NPC
Dune Warz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-18 16:43   
Like I said, this game has to change. I see no point in keeping it the way it is now. Again to get my point out, most players expect there to be action in a game. There's no action in this game. The only time anyone can actually get some action in this game is dependent on other players. As we all know, being dependent on other players is a downfall. Most games that revolve around realistic senarios, EX: real time or real players are doomed to fail. Not too many players want to spend years leveling a character when there's bearly a thing to do.

No game should be revolved or reliant on other players. If battling is a major way to level or an obstacle, then maybe a more reliable way to reach it(NPC, Quest)? Another EX: getting better ships by combat badge(obstacle).. I don't doubt that this game is way better then EVE, but due to the reliance on other players and the difficulty of fighting a much more intelligent and formidable foe(compaired to NPC enemies), players have started to look else where for a game that introduces NPC enemies.

Point of this post, We need to stop relying on other players.
Add NPC enemies, give newbes more to do, and make leveling easier, if not going to introduce NPC enemies. The problem I see with this game is not the story line or the players, just the layout of the game. Players are confined to battling with other players. It's just not game material.

This is my last suggestion. I have suggested this many times in the past 2 years and it seems as though my words are in vain. I've stuck to the game in hope that it will be changed and spring to life again but to my dissapointment after 2 years of checking back nothing is being done and the game is slowly suffocating. My last attemt to see this amazing game become more then a small community. I will continue to check up with the game for a while after if nothing suffices I will regrettably leave for good. I hope that Palestar, will consider some changes for the better even if it means a few more tests having to be performed for a flawless game play.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2008-04-25 08:11   
If the dev's/mods/admins do even think about bringing in NPC's you got to see the way that they have set the game up. Darkspace is a PvsP game, brining in NPC's will result in players exploiting them to gain rank. Even if there was a way to ristrict the higher ranks from gaining prestige off the kills, the team has other things to concentrate on, like the new patch. NPC's will probaly be the last thing on there minds. In the short term NPC's would provide something for the newcommers, but in the long run they will just be exploited

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-26 15:52   
Monsters and NPCs are 1. Rare, and 2. mostly for events. This is not likely to change anytime soon. The frequency of NPC and Monster appearances MAY increase with the release of 484, but they will not become constant.

Page created in 0.012170 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR