- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +17.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » An idea for an event.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author An idea for an event.
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-20 17:10   
Before you make any judgement of the hereafter proposed idea, keep in mind that I have little clue of what the exact capabilities of the developers/moderators of the game are, and as such some of this may be inexecutable. Please inform me if anything is.
Feralwolf said I should post it here, so I post it here.

Event idea: The Revolution of Epsilion Caranie.

What:
War... Is tiring. This is a known fact. Prolonged war will tire those not wishing to participate in the war, but forced into it. Given that they are not kept strongly under control, these people may revolt, and fight against their oppression. The gist of the event is that the people of Epsilion Caranie grow weary of the oppression from either K'luth, ICC or UGTO and have decided to take fate into their own hands; Led forth by a brash leadership, they take weapons in hand and prefer to die for their own beliefs than that of another.

The idea is such:
Lately, we have been fighting a lot. UGTO, ICC and K'luth have skirmished in R33, Lalande and occasionally Epsilion Caranie. Growing weary of the constant war, and the threat to their lives, the people of Epsilion Caranie have decided: No longer! A council of men has arisen, "The Council of Freedom (CoF)", modifying their civilian ships to be war-worthy vessels. (read: Pirate ships)

Precisely:
At a certain moment, -all- planets in Epsilion Caranie will revolt. No exceptions. If at all possible, envelop Polyxena cluster in a temporary safe zone, and replace all buildings on all the planets by Pirate buildings.
At coordinated times, AI spawns are made with the Pirate vessels, and if at all possible some mods could play one of the Pirate vessels themselves and lead the CoF into battle.
Regardless, these AI spawns are sent into BD, Delta Pavonis and R33, with attempts to seize control of these systems. It is up to the UGTO, ICC and K'luth to prevent this civil unrest and lay them down so they can continue the fight. To this end, the three factions MUST lay absolute WASTE to the planets that have revolted. I am talking leveling them here, for if they were to be captured, they'd only revolt later. They must be leveled to avoid the populace from revolting again. Once that has happened, lift the safe zone around Polyxena, spawn AIs there and begin the fight for Polyxena.

Why?
It'd give a reason for the three factions to fight together. It'd give us a chance to be as an undivided community and work together. not to mention it'd divert from the usual stage of DS. It'd be a change.

Of course, the idea can also be done with the MIR taking over an entire system to observe the starsystems and get a foothold in wanting to eradicate the K'luth...

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-03-20 18:20   
I like it - nice idea.

Could also through in some rebel ships from each faction - after all i'm sure that the rebels would be abe to capture a few proper warships.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-20 18:21   
*jumps up and down excitedly*

ME LIKESH!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-20 20:37   
It's a good idea. Unfortunately, all AI equals massive lag.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-03-20 21:35   
AI issues aside, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-20 22:02   
Could it be possible to have some players play the roles of the revolted rebels? it would lower the lag and give other non moderaters a chance to well... have fun ;P

imo this would be beteroverall due to the less lag created from lower ammounts of ai

That and it becomes less of a turkeyshoot and more of a fight... as right now the ai is mroe like shooting fish in a barell... a big barrel.. but one none the less

And if that is the case count me in ;P

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-21 14:36   
Well, Rhiawhyn, I don't think the staff will give regular players access to such ships solely because one of many suggested an event that would involve Pirate ships.

A fix to the supposed lag issue would be simply to use less AIs, but beef their power up so they are more of a challenge than the regular, beatable AI. So a Pirate Cruiser would require three of our own Cruisers to beat, yes?

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-03-21 15:02   
Quote:

On 2008-03-20 17:10, Bardiche wrote:
MIR taking over an entire system to observe the starsystems and get a foothold in wanting to eradicate the K'luth...

wtf? orealy?

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-03-21 15:13   
Nothing against the K'luth; The way I understood it, however, it seems as if K'luth are the first to survive an attack by MIR, and that MIR are desperately hunting the K'luth because of this...

It wouldn't be odd to see them finally perform rather than failing as they have now. =P

Nebuchadnezzar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-24 02:00   
dude GREAT idea its just too bad the MODS will never use it mainly because in my experiance they pretty much ignore anybody who isn't like having problems connecting or experiencing bugs ect. I may be wrong but to them we are not even here...

sorry if this is off topic

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2008-04-24 02:54   
I'd fly a pirate ship.EVERYONE wants to try and get me.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-24 02:58   
now this is the best suggestion that i have EVER seen...way to go bard

Email GothThug {C?}
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-24 08:00   
WIN.

However, I fail to see the logic in that to avoid war.. they revolt and go to war against three factions rather than 2.

Win nonetheless

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-04-24 08:14   
Clearly the ICC, Luth and UGTO are just out for war, Xpli$it. So by establishing your system as a military capable force that doesn't shirk defending its borders against the coming of war, you can deter the factions from entering your space and avoiding the conflict to remain in your system.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to fight in a system where we can be jumped by a formidable battle force at any moment, ready to tear us to shreds.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-04-24 09:57   
I like it, but it seems all a bit sudden for me, you'd think someone would get wind of this.

Why can't we stretch this into a month long event, like we have for the pirate event, people find clues, work things out, and change the way certain things happen in the story line setout by bard.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016355 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR