No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » jumping sound
 Author jumping sound
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-02-29 08:09   
the new jumping sound is cool i agree. but it isn't correct. you get a sound that well sounds like a charching jd. but you get that while your in jump. if you want 2 juse this sound track program in a delay of the amount of time that sound is playing befor you jump. making it more realistic. i dont think a real live jd would be able 2 jump the moment it is alingend.

Timbo
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-02-29 10:02   
what if that sound is acceleration? and the BOOM is getting to optimal jump speed?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2008-02-29 10:33   
well even if that is tru it still sound very wierd 2 me.

timbo
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-03 21:29   
keep a sound simaler to that for others around you.. but have the original bang for the ship jumping (only they cean hear the bang)

This way it sounds like they went into warp or something, while said ship wont have this corny sound effect :/

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-03-04 14:42   
Oh my god... where the hell did you learn grammar & spelling, the MOON?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-03-04 19:42   
[non official Fiction]

Your sitting in your comfortable captains chair.
You order your ship to jump.
Your ship jumps and the inertial dampeners take care of the inertia and G forces but the to dampen the sound.
When the jump finally reached the desired speed you feel and hear the slight vibrations and sound that where produced by that jump initiation.

[/non official Fiction]

Work in progress i would say.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-03-05 12:34   
It's the sound of tachyons being pulled over your hull before it reaches cruising speed.

Tachyon Jump Drives:
Tachyon Faster then Light Drives are the standard issue FTL drive for all space faring vessels. Although different companies manufacture varying degree of jump drives, they all operate on the same principle of manipulating Tachyon particles around the ship. Although the exact technique is not available for explanation in short, a simple way of thinking about it is that the engine (and therefore, the ship) pulls the tachyon particles in front of it over the craft, causing a small gap of tachyons in front of the ship. The tachyons push into this gap to “fill” it, like any other kind of gas. The ship is rides along this wave of Tachyons and the process repeats. This allows a ship to reach incredibly fast speeds, exceeding the speed of light and allowing incredibly long distances to be traveled in a period of days (cross system), weeks (jump gates) or months (The record for the fastest Civilian Earth -> Exathra run was 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days and 7 hours.). It is interesting to note that Tachyons somehow do not perform "time dilation" upon t he craft usually associated with traveling near, at, or beyond the speed of light. The reasons for this are unknown, as traditional means to approach the speed of light have been performed, with the craft always exploding or disappearing around the .42c speed. Another oddity to note, the "Shockwave" effect seen from a ship de-accelerating out of FTL, is the tachyons gathering near the front of ship and then dispersing along the tangent of the ships fore (The mathematical reasons for this curious effect are explained in full in the supplemental UGTO FTL Mechanics document; ask your local supply post captain for a copy).

Page created in 0.012586 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR