No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Facts About Tornado Alley
 Author Facts About Tornado Alley
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-13 13:56   
1. If a Big Event Misses you, Consider yourself lucky
2. If you witness a big event that happened 10 years ago, chances are...theres gonna be a repeat
3. Tornado alley Starts at Colarado Springs and ends in Tampa Florida
4. Tornados arent all violent an F1 is barely the strength of a Monsoon
5. F5 Torandos go up to F10 F10 being Wedge Tornados with winds in Excess of that of a Catagory 5 Hurricane
6. Tornados are Gods way of Cleaning the Air out and Dropping heavy cars on houses.
7. Regardless of what was seen in twister...Torandos do NOT leave you in one peice...the center of it will crush you like an ant
8. Tulsa, Oklahoma has had no twister touchdowns in 75 years. but, since we had an Ice Storm 2 months ago...we might have a twister
9. During a Thunderstorm if you think its safe to go outside beware..if your ears pop or the grass turns blue, RUN INSIDE!
10. When in Doubt, During Tornadic Events, never watch them outside a window, a piece of debris could slice you in two...and remember always i mean always go into The hallway of your office or school, Tuck your head between your knees and kiss yo butt goodbye....
11. The Stroud F5 tornado Caused 15 Million Dollars in Damage Including 5 schools, the stroud mall, and 3 Car Dealerships.
12. In Oklahoma...theres almost always a Tornado weither it be in the panhandle or the middle of the state...Tulsa NEVER EVER gets hit with a tornado..why? because its protected by an Indian Shamans spells....

well thats the facts of Tornado alley..and a little bit of my own experience.

Email GothThug {C?}
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-02-13 14:32   
Did you make this list up yourself or what....
because I call complete and utter bull on some of that stuff.

Sleepin
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-02-13 19:51   
I lived in Tulsa for several years, and grew up in Texas. The above are factual. I once had a 6' tree limb imbedded in the right rear quarter panel of my 1977 Chevy Blazer. It looked like a flag pole sticking out. The awning for our home (the part that shades the front porch) was strewn over several blocks, a neighbor returned our sign "Family est 1984" etc from 9 blocks away.

Tornadoes are "no kidding, get your butt under ground now" events. The rumor that the winds die down just before a tornado strikes, is bull... it sounds like a freight train... low pitch rumble... and the wind is incredible. I'd much rather go through a force 4 hurricane that have a tornado touch down in my front yard, and I've been through both.

Cheers,
Sleepin

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-02-13 20:02   
Quote:

On 2008-02-13 13:56, GothThug {C?} wrote:

7. Regardless of what was seen in twister...Torandos do NOT leave you in one peice...the center of it will crush you like an ant

This one is the main one that is completely false unless of course he means that you will get crushed by debree or something. The fact of the matter is that the pressure inside of a tornado is significantly less that the air around it, it is not more.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-13 21:43   
Really? hmm...i guess seeing Flattened cars and Utility trucks and other Vehicles is totally false as well on the news? hmm

Email GothThug {C?}
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-02-13 22:23   
A tornado has a tendency to pick things up and drop them from a sizeable altitude... Maybe the answer to your phenomenon lies in this little fact....

You may also want to Google TIV for a little more insight.

[ This Message was edited by: Lacrosseian on 2008-02-13 22:39 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-15 11:22   
yeh! i watched twister for some year ago! in the middle is no dangerus, its just dangerus to get in and out yes i know it was a $~@&!$@!e movie so stuff it

|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-15 13:59   
To much to read.

-Akatsuki Kthxbye

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-15 18:52   
to much to read? lazy and no Twister wasnt a )#$%()#*$*# movie, it was jan de bonts BEST aside from The Haunting

Email GothThug {C?}
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-02-15 22:48   
I find this interesting as i just watched twister.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-15 23:00   
lol junky

Email GothThug {C?}
Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Cadet

Posted: 2008-02-16 02:45   
i can promise you a cat 4 or five hurricane is no fun either as I live on the gulf a 5 is 180+ MPH Sustained winds.. you go outside in above 130 you will die.. pinecones at that speed will kill you and will go through houses.. how do I know because i had one come through my house a year or 2 ago...

Goto the website of Mr tinkles anti wibblinator
Page created in 0.020774 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR