No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Safe zone not so safe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Safe zone not so safe
Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-12-31 12:43   
Because the Safe zone planets get fixed or not get fixed, thats how I know they are on.

No active member in the Moderators or Administration section of DarkSpace team would knowingly hold back or intentionly force a Faction to "" Deal with the Safe-Zone rebellion for themselfs "" while they have their coffee break while the others look on and laugh.

Thats how I know they are on or not.

Atomic.

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-12-31 13:06   
Quote:

On 2007-12-31 12:43, Atomic wrote:
Because the Safe zone planets get fixed or not get fixed, thats how I know they are on.

No active member in the Moderators or Administration section of DarkSpace team would knowingly hold back or intentionly force a Faction to "" Deal with the Safe-Zone rebellion for themselfs "" while they have their coffee break while the others look on and laugh.

Thats how I know they are on or not.

Atomic.

There is usually always 1 moderator/administrator on. But they have to know that there is a problem to fix it.

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-12-31 13:21   
I know that Junky.....

It's the fact that it should'nt happen in a safe-zone...A Safe-Zone is ...well is what it say's; a Safe-Zone, no revolts, no bombings, no def, nothing just a safe-Zone to spawn your ship to get your bearings, new players or old.

Ship-Yards..... thats a different story.

A S-Y can be built anywhere in a system so you "" can/mabey "" get a good advantage in a Battle, and turn the tide to your favour.

But, if all planets have been captured ( it has happened many times) and Safe-Zones have revolted because of low inf to restock other planets or just time we still cannot spawn ships from a Ship-Yard from our home System/Planet because of the rebellion.

Atomic.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-12-31 15:40   
Quote:

On 2007-12-31 13:21, Atomic wrote:
It's the fact that it should'nt happen in a safe-zone...A Safe-Zone is ...well is what it say's; a Safe-Zone, no revolts, no bombings, no def, nothing just a safe-Zone to spawn your ship to get your bearings, new players or old.

and okay. we can all agree with that.

BUT the kicker is that no code currently in this version stops planets within a safezone from revolting, and no code in this version allows a planet to be set so it never revolts

i'll say that again: THEIR IS NOTHING ADMINS OR MODS CAN DO WHEN A PLANET REVOLTS IN A SAFEZONE EXCEPT FOR THEMSEVLES TO REVOLT IT BACK. MAYBE NEXT PATCH IN Two Weeks™ WILL ALLOW THIS FUNCTIONALITY.

augh.

DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2007-12-31 19:18   
here is a idea, Get rid of the Stupid safe Zone around the home planets like the old days, am i the only one that things that is stupid ?

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-12-31 19:22   
lol fine get rid of safe zones and you wont have a planet to mod at SAFELY :|

Email GothThug {C?}
DubStep Santa
Marshal

Posted: 2007-12-31 19:49   
so what ?

[ This Message was edited by: Very Fatal Thor's Hammer on 2007-12-31 19:50 ]

NUTS

Email DubStep Santa
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-01 11:34   
I say instead of getting rid of safezones, beef up the AI patrols of home systems, make it so that it is just damn hard to pull off any hostile action in a home system due to AI defense. That would not only help people feel safe in these systems, but it would give us some extra fun fighting them. Even better, make the AI home system defense forces much stronger in terms of weapons and armor than player flyable ships.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-01-01 12:30   
Quote:

On 2007-12-31 11:39, Atomic wrote:
Of Course....

But how will you mod that ship you want or mod it differently to the situation at hand .....you cant ..because the Safe-Zone has revolted and you cannot get any mods or reps or inf....and at the moment there is no Admins on......

Looks like stock.......... or log.

Atomic.

You are really supposed to know how to gate-mod, and then go cap a planet and build it!
yes, with the small ships.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-01 13:58   
That'd be nice, spaivxx, but currently AI is rather, well.. retarded. Having them patrol the home systems would, barring massive overwhelming force, essentially make it a farming system, because you can generally (especially with a team) take out even a decent group of AI without a lot of personal danger.

And the problem with overwhelming force is that it then puts that much more strain on the server.

Email Shigernafy
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-01-02 04:51   
If there are apparently no Staff online and you send a /report about a safezone revolt, there is nothing that prevents you also posting in Staff Feedback as well. It will usually get to the attention of someone who can deal with it a little quicker.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2008-01-02 06:12 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-01-02 08:12   
Quote:

On 2007-12-31 09:45, BakaGaijin wrote:

as for making the safe zone even 'safer' so it wont revolt, that is designed to be a sign that we arent taking care of the planets needs.

Really? It's true that I haven't played this game until today for over a year, but the revolts have always seemed pretty odd to me. Unless my memory's just too shot and there's actually been a method to the madness, the revolt involves political and social figures I can't even see. Yeah, there's the political instability warning, but there's no telling which planet on a given day is going to say, "Screw you guys. We're quitting the war."

Back on topic: I didn't even know until I poked my head into the MV today that safezones now extend to planets. Madness, I say. Madness.

With or without the zone, I don't think that the home planets should have a chance to revolt, anyway, unless an enemy faction is en masse right there in the home system. However, as has been made painfully clear, there are no flags or doodads or thingymajiggers that can be added until there's an update. And that will happen in its own time. Until then, all folks have is a /report and a prayer.

Goto the website of Grimith
Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-02 08:28   
Sixkiller....If you can find a planet besides the safe-zones that has a few factories to re-mod a ship that was lost in battle/lag planet death then its all good, but as we all know no-one builds factories outside of the safe-zones to remod their ship....

Obviously nothing can be done about these continued plagues on the home planets that make us not able to get infantry and spawn ships because a faction has capped all planets in the home system so we cant even get inf to recap in our own home system because of rebellion.

Being kluth faction at the time, leaph had rebelled, it had been reported by several players and they had fixed the planet but they didnt fix the infantry
When smartin came on i asked him to fix the planets inf cause they were still yellow and getting elite status from our barracks spawing only 1 inf at a time. So when Sirius was mirved and all capped we had very little inf to recap it, only 1 planet was Kluth, the safe-zone and 1 had rebelled and was waiting to be fixed.

Sag hotha had no inf left because we took from it to help in the recaping of Sirius.....I guess thats my main point...make safe-zones safe from all, even plagues, so a faction can still spawn ships and play DS, even if the faction only has 2 planets ( the safe-zones ).

Atomic.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-01-02 08:36   
Safe-zoned home planets have only ever been a temporary measure for this version due to some of the other game issues. There are a few issues with them, but the benefits to current game-play far outweigh the negatives.

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020010 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR