No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » Public Upcoming Events list Posting Request
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Public Upcoming Events list Posting Request
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-29 13:31   
Greetings!

Palestar is excited to announce that the public Upcoming Events list is now open for player-organized and run events. If you have an event of any form and want it to be posted on the Upcoming Events list, complete with pre-event automated announcements, post your request in this thread.

Part of the goal of the events team, the staff, and this policy is to encourage greater fictional backstory to DarkSpace, the players, and actions within the DarkSpace universe. As such, your event should have at least some fictional backstory. Given sufficient notice, involvement, and depth, events can then be added to the permanent and evolving history of the game.

With your request, please include:

- A brief but descriptive name for the event.

- A longer description to be shown if the name is clicked on; please include a link to a thread with additional info if there is one, details on what is happening where, etc. This is where your fictional backstory comes in - describe it as if you were living in the DS universe and your target participants are too. The description should be long enough that people have at least a general idea of how to participate, without requiring a novel. Try to keep it under 100 words.

- A date and time for the start and end of the event. Ideally, this should be in CST, but as long as you identify the time zone intended, we can convert.

- A name to contact in case of player of staff questions/concerns (if it isn't you who is posting).

Some examples:

Non-fictional, boring: Shigernafy will be flying in a Pirate scout this Friday, February 30th, somewhere in the MV. He will never be more than 250,000gu from any particular star. Join the fun and be the first to land a beacon on him! The winner will receive 3000 days free sub time, 60 million bonus prestige, and a trip to the Bahamas. The event begins at 10am CST.

Fictional, good: Captain Shigarrrrnafy the Scurvyous is on the loose! UGTO authorities have reported that he broke out from the Necrophian penal colony this morning, and fear he may be returning to his old marauding ways, despite their enlightened rehabilitation techniques. He was last seen in the Luyten system, though this was now over 20 hours ago. The UGTO have placed a hefty bounty on his head, promising to reward his finder richly. They note that his ship has solar capacitance shielding and thus will never stray more than 250,000 gu from a sun, and request that all able-hulled ships attempt at once to beacon him. Report in if you have successfully tagged his ship!
The bounty is valid as of 10am CST, this coming Friday, February 30th.

Get the idea?

Only serious requests, please. If you wish to discuss a proposal, please make a new thread. Staff reserves the right to refuse to post any event. Lastly, all events will be identified as "Player Event: [your provided name]" to make it clear that this is not a staff-sponsored event.

Email Shigernafy
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-29 14:57   
I know it is not along the lines you are looking for, but I think screenshot competitions could be brought back.

The DSCW will be hosting such an event.

[ This Message was edited by: Lacro (fleet @0) on 2007-11-29 17:46 ]

Sindri Myr
Cadet

Posted: 2007-11-29 15:50   
Well a few days ago josef allowed me to have a pet gaifen and it ended up turning into a little mini story. The basic story is that i've opened a gaifen preserve to bring the gaifens back from near extinction for being hunted so much. This would allow new players to see them and fly around with them. Perhaps Pirates or MIR could come in and try to kill them and the players would have to defend them. I'm a good writer and could make a story for this but i just wanted to pitch the idea and see what you guys thought first. Here's the original thread btw.(and yes i am obsessed with the gaifens.) http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=43365&forum=1&12

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-30 03:23   
First off, thanks for your enthusiasm, but I intended this thread to just be a place where you could place your finalized proposal for an event list posting, not really a commenting thread on recent events. If you want to suggest an event, a new thread would be more appropriate, and as for the DSCW event, ... well, normally I'd request some details, but they're pretty easy to glean from your linked post. (FYI: Events like that are exempt from the fiction requirement, but it also doesn't hurt if you want to come up with some reason for it).
For the Gaifen thing, this isn't really the thread for your post, but if you want to come up with some fiction for the first, past event, feel free to do so. We can add it to the Universe Today forum, and may eventually transfer it into our official history documents once we get that whole process and procedures nailed down.

For documentation purposes:

I just posted an event based upon this thread.

Begin event text:

TITLE Player Event: AMG-initiated Building Strike
WHEN 12/02/07 18:01:00
+2.6 Days
AUTHOR Shigernafy
DETAILS Following the ceaseless mirving attacks sustained by the UGTO in SOL, the Anti-Mirving Guild announces a building strike for next week, from Monday at 00.01 a.m. GMT until Saturday 00.01 a.m. GMT.

During the strike, no building shall be erected on any planet by the participants. This strike is to protest against the barbaric and unsporting Mirvers who aggressively and mercilessly attack civilian targets, levelling planets and systems without rebuilding.

Clans and individuals from all three factions are encourage to participate.

All those who plan to strike are kindly requested to add the letters BS at the end of their names to show their involvement.

Anti-Mirving Guild leader Admiral Musiqsoulman is confident that this event will appeal to all who fight against forms of excessive mirving, without regard to fleet or faction affiliation. He can be contacted via standard interstellar communication networks on channel @123424. A copy of this demarche from the AMG is also available on diplomatic channels and at your local branch of the Galactic Library.

DarkSpace staff will not answer queries as this is a player-organized and run event.

End event text.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-13 06:54   
http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=45336&forum=124&21

1 on 1 Tournament

Entries will fight to the death until only 4 remain from each ship class(dessy cruiser dread and station) they will be rewarded with the prize (currently about 31 million per class) afterwards there will be a melee and if u staff want to mix it up by adding pirates or something to add to the excitement please do otherwise I will be handling everything else

please add my event to the event list

event starts: 09-20-2008 14:00 (central)

-JBud

EDIT: question: i read a few other events and im wondering if the prize for my event be the 32milcredits per class to also be 1000 bonus prestige to the winner of each class just wondering if it is posible or not for u guys to add it in

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2008-09-16 02:14 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-13 07:36   
Scout/frigate melee'

Time: 27th of September 2008, 19:00 GMT (I think that is about 12:00 CST)

Meeting point, Scientia, 2k gu out.

Reward for winning: 1mil for each scout remaining on the winning side.

Also reward for scout with most kills: 3 million.

Need to accept donations since I have only 7million credits i think.

All are welcome.

EDIT: Expected to end at around 19:30 if there is more than 6 scouts per side. Will require even teams. Anyone caught attempting to bring a destoyer or over to the fight will not be looked kindly upon (wink wink)

EDIT 2: Prize fund now up to 20million credits courtesy of Dark Hiigaran and Sensational. Thanks guys No more donations required unless you feel generous

[ This Message was edited by: -XO-Deltaflyer on 2008-09-13 07:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: -XO-Deltaflyer on 2008-09-13 13:26 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-15 15:32   
just wondering will my event be added to the list before or after it ends?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-17 16:54   
Before.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-17 21:00   
sweet thanks shig also thanks for adding the extra stuff to the prize hope ta see ya there i can put u in the tournament even if u fly a longhead also stay after for the melee! - jbud

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-17 22:52   
I'm not sure I'll be available this weekend, unfortunately; I'm hoping to be out of town on a weekend hiking trip, but its not 100% fixed just yet. If I am around, though, I'll try to make an appearance.

Email Shigernafy
x_KiLLa_x
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-18 03:57   
Due to lack of funds the federation is out of money and resource due to a poisenious gas in all solar systems there is civil unrest and very little money to support ships above frigrate class! Due to the lose of high ranking officals on all factions their will be a massive war in the Luyten Mist in the Luyten system... each faction thinks the attack was caused by the oppisite faction so all factions pitted and blaming one another for this solar fallout !!!

Event date Sept. 27 at 15:00 Eastern

100k to each survivior of the winning faction... Donations accepted
I think it should be fun if admins can throw in Gaifens/Pirate Scout/frig class MIR scout/frig class nice oppertunity for you admins to use those smaller AI class ships none of us have had the privalege to see !! Nice lil fleet from each AI would be great in Luyten Mist....

Would like some feedback good chance for the smaller ranked officers to join in the fun in MV and not feel left out.

Email x_KiLLa_x   Goto the website of x_KiLLa_x
x_KiLLa_x
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-18 04:13   
wow... that sucked saw Delta has the same thing written..lol

Even down to the date thats wierd well I added a backstory to the scout/frig melee and AI's Pirate/MIR/gaifens would be nice to see there in small fleets of 5 from each AI .

Email x_KiLLa_x   Goto the website of x_KiLLa_x
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-18 06:52   
Only Pirates even have frigate class ships. Pirates only have lower class ships, due to their having to scrounge for materials and steal things where possible - commandeering ships, grabbing them during construction, converting civilian ships, etc. Larger ships (cruiser & up) are just too hard to take, due to the number of troops they can carry and the protection given to them by the various navies.

MI only have larger ships. Over the years, they've found that smaller ships are more prone to being destroyed, and they don't want for materials to construct larger ones, given their dominion over a large quadrant of distant space. There is also the question of stress while traveling, since their tunneling technology tends to be harder on ships than the humans' wormholes. Thus, they only have cruisers and dreads - plus the engineer and supply ship.

Just so you know. Its not like we've put in a lot of time adding a full fleet of ships for AI; considering that they're not played by the general playerbase, there's not much point in putting a ton of effort into them.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-19 02:11   
hopefully one day they be a playable faction

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-19 09:22   
*ahem*

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019584 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR