No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [EVENT CLOSED]WKA Competition
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [EVENT CLOSED]WKA Competition
Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-10-25 11:47   
WKA Competition!

I'm going to make this one easy, I want everybody to be able to participate.
All you have to do is write a short essay on DarkSpace.
What you love about it, what brought you to it, what are some of the most memorable events that have happened to you during your play stay here. Stuff like that. Only the best stories will win! So be creative.

Prizes are in coupon form and are as follows:

1st Place gets a 10 day subscription coupon with 10000000 credits

2nd Place gets a 5 day subscription coupon with 5000000 credits

3rd Place gets a 3 day subscription coupon with 2500000 credits

This competition will last for one week an the winners will be announced on November 1st.

Good Luck!

[ This Message was edited by: Riley on 2007-11-01 09:00 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-10-25 13:29   
and who's providing the prizes again?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-25 21:56   
what i love about Darkspace? simple really

The community, I love them like i love my own family, cause thats what they are..family like...what brought me to the game was a simple click on download.com i found this game there 5 years ago when i was searching for games to play cause i got bored with yahoo....

Secondly, The staff, Very helpful and very fair on punishment and not to quick to judge on a players morals thats the second thing that keeps me here

Third, The Clans...oh i gotta love the clans man..best thing ever...you get close to a clan and you never wanna leave it...and it took me awhile but i found my Darkspace Clan Family WKA

Fourth: The Atmosphere....Its cozy, it allows for someone to help you out one on one and wont let you down when you need a hand

And last but not least: The Subscription: 9.99 a month is just pennies to me, its cheap, its affordable...and you can order a pizza and play Darkspace at the same time....

Thats why i love darkspace...its like my home away from home...or in my case...My Fantasy being played out in a game and reality sux people..face it

Email GothThug {C?}
fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-25 22:27   
mine isnt long but i like ds cuz i can have big battles in space and own every1 . is that enough

p.s. can i have pres instead if i win

[ This Message was edited by: fearlessjay on 2007-10-25 22:28 ]
I CON ZPELL GOOD SHAWDUP!

Email fearlessjay™   Goto the website of fearlessjay™
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2007-10-25 22:32   
Well, truth be known... RedDragon (the original Red Dragon -2004-) actually prompted me to subscribe to this game. Since my noob days of being killed (again and again), many experienced players have guided /infuenced me into doing something other than being shot at extensively and charging head-forth into the RED stuff (planets, players or otherwise). The mods (let me go ahead and wipe the crap off my nose first... notable mention to Doran and FeralWulf) have been very helpful, doing their best to educate me in DS ettiquite, have demonstrated that the community is worth more than a casual glance rather than a ruckus in newbie/admiral/metaverse of disorganized players doing whatever the heck comes around.

Fast forward ----> Since then it has come to light that the DS community is one which will embrace players similar to a surrogate family. We call each other brothers,bro'. m8, m8e', or something similar... call it what you will... from all over this world.

Brief quote: "If you do what you have always done, you shall get what you have always got".

I'll step off the politically correct podium and let the community know: "I subscribed because there was once a time when a player (RedDragon) gave a noob a glimpse of what they could be and followed up on it!"

[ This Message was edited by: LAG on 2007-10-25 23:13 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-27 00:40   
nice post lag

Email GothThug {C?}
fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-27 02:50   
Quote:

On 2007-10-27 00:40, GothThug {C?} wrote:
nice post lag

blah blah blah
its too long it hurts to read it mine is good

fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-27 21:09   
did i win

[ This Message was edited by: fearlessjay on 2007-10-27 21:09 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-27 21:17   
What I love above Darkspace......

* Found 164 ignores...

Peace and Quiet.

fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-28 00:52   
Quote:

On 2007-10-27 21:17, Fattierob (x2 Da-Mentor) wrote:
What I love above Darkspace......

* Found 164 ignores...

Peace and Quiet.

wat about me

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-28 01:27   
* Found 564 ignores... wow...im so hated XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Riley(retired)
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-10-30 13:48   
Two days left...

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-10-30 14:05   
Well for me it all came by accident. I was searching the web for some Free Betas and some how stumbled across DarkSpace Beta by Bluebyte. After visiting there site and signing up for the "Closed" beta I waited for a responce and it finaly came but I was however not accepted. After that darkspace sliped out of my mind for years. It wasnt untill 2005 that fate crosed my path with this game again. I finaly was bord of playing C&C and went out and once again searched for "Free Beta's" and once again came across DarkSpace I was actualy unsure as to why the game semed familiar then a day or so relizeing what it was I was quite supprized that it was still here and promply created a new account originaly called Spendeck. "dont ask where the name came from it is just a name I picked up." Soon after that I continued to play "unsubscribed" and grew addicted to the community and game, eventualy a few years later I created a new account to hopefuly start over and get a fresh start. that accounts name is darkspendeck now darkspin... And that my friends/family is my story as to how I got here today.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-30 18:44   
I found Darkspace when Star Fleet Command Volume III was released, and it was a total disappointment. When I first got into PC gaming, Star Fleet Command and Tiberian Sun were the two games I obsessed over. I REALLY wanted to find a group of SFC players who would run a persistent Dynaverse server. I played a few Dynaverse games, got irritated by some of the shortcommings of the game, and figured that if I ever wanted a cool game in which I could become totally immersed in starship battles, on a large scale, with a persistent group of both allies nd foes, I would have to design my own game.

then one day I stumbled accross Darkspace. I really dont recall what site I found it on. I downloaded, logged in, and was instantly hooked. It was crazy, everything I had wished the SFC franchise would do, the DS devs had done. Now if I saw an ally being attacked, I did not have to wait til the battle in that hex was resolved to fight, I could just jump right in. Now, I did not have to search for a server, we all played on one set of servers.

This was all really good stuff, nice ships, nice weapons, talk of a thrid faction being introduced. I got caught up in some other things, got off gaming for a few months, came back, found that I now had to pay $10 a month to play, said screw it why not, and fell instantly in love with the new alien faction... the K'luth. I joined a fleet called KIGR, and found out for the first time what extreme fun online team play can be.

That my friends is the thing that hooked me for all these years. Team play in DS, when the right folks are on, is just the best. To this day I find decent sized battles in DS to be more fun than any other gaming experience I have ever had. The community in DS is the heart of the game. I built a reputation as the guy who will jump into any battle, regardless of the enemy numbers, position or firepower, and more than likely make a kill and get out alive. I am not top ranked in any stat, not even close, but if you divide my ships damaged score by time played and compare to most of the top players, you will see where I stand. I may not be as famous as many DS players, but I do love the fact that when I log into the MV, some Uggie, somewhere, knows he is about to die.

To this day, even when there are only a few players in the MV, I still look forward to taking a break from real life and logging in for a quick kill. I have over the years skipped rehearsals to play DS, skipped client meetings to play DS, skipped work, school, made girlfriends mad, and wasted a whole lot of time pretending to be some Grand Admiral in some glorious war to exterminate the human infestation. Gimme a good bottle of Glen Livet Scotch, my office with the red battle light on, some great battle music (anything from Wagner to Opeth) and a few hours, and Ill kick those Uggies back to Sol.

Favorite DS time, simple, any 2 week trial with fresh targets. Ahh the joy...

There was one time an Uggie was cloud bombing with a sup and I was on ICC, jumped in, hit pulse shield, his bombs took him and his sup out, so much fun. I also get a kick out of decloaking in front of unsuspecting mirvers. I love 3 or 4 on one battles where I have a depot planet near, so long as there is no dictor and I am not in a dread, its like a free pres factory, all those targets all to myself...

[ This Message was edited by: .spaivxx. on 2007-10-30 18:48 ]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-10-30 20:08   
What Rob isn't telling people is that 163 of those 164 ignores are him adding himself to his own iggy list =P

I don't think that I have to print up my ignore list... again

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026606 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR