No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Crim's not so good ideas!
 Author Crim's not so good ideas!
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-16 15:32   
Alright, so I sit around all night, and I think of Darkspace.

Or well, I really don't, but I decided to come up with a few ideas. All of which probably suck.

My first Idea, Sieging planets.

I know that we have a 'Planet under Blockade' warning, but it really doesnt effect much other then stopping ships from spawning.

What I'd like to see, is the planet have a full blockade. It's food and minerals slowly dwindle, and it's population will go down along with food.
Of course, I don't want it to drain the planet so much that it'll loose everything, but I'd like to see it to where it could potentially become crippled and have to resort to using the most important buildings (Domes, Generators, Farms) and shutting off the rest of them.

I'd like it to not be fast enough so that the planet is instant-drained by being blockaded. I figure having 5-6 enemy ships around the planet for 2-3 minutes aught to be enough to kick off the start of the seige. Which it should take hours to drain the planet of resources and population before it could be crippled.

Second Idea is a three parter, yeah baby.

The first part -

I'd like to see WH's not able to spawn in Planets/Stars/Gas Giants. That pretty much explains itself..

Now, for the second part -

I'd like to see Worm Holes as a one-shot kinda drive. It would be used to move a fleet in a system to a cluster for a suprise attack, or it could be used by a station in a safe area to open up and bring allied ships back to a safe area.

Now, why a one-shot kinda drive? Well, think about it. What kind of resources and power would be needed to create a Worm Hole? Alot. Even stations would barely have enough for one worm hole, and thats how it should be.

And the third part -

Give Stations two drives. One as an HMA, and the other as a WH. Keep in mind that they can only use said WH once, untill they replinish the resources onboard the station to use it. Here, let me explain that.. Stations aught to have their own resource pool, being that they are basicaly mini-planets right? They should have to use resources to do certain things like creating a Wormhole. To replinish said resources, they could orbit a friendly planet. Which the starport on that planet would act as if it would with any other starport in the system. It would feed various resources to the station..

Theres probably more to come, and I know their bad ideas.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {STMJ} on 2007-10-16 15:33 ]

Email Supertrooper
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-17 07:57   
Running off your one-shot WH idea..
This may be hard to program, or nearly impossible, but:

What about having it either cost 40 bajillion energy, or a decent number of resources?

The energy means you COULD recharge it, but at the cost of your energy pool being empty for 5 minutes. Seriously, empty. Draining it like you fired a dozen QSTs. You'd of course need some switch to toggle this option. But then you could use it again, but the cost of not being able to attack or recharge shields, etc.

Or, the planet refills it in a few minutes.

Email Shigernafy
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-17 15:15   
I like the idea of using resources for it.

Email Supertrooper
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-10-17 17:24   
I like the blockade bit where ppl tend to use up the planets reserves untill nothing is left and ppl start dying.

perhaps a new storehouse building/depot can increase a planets max mineral limit. would make sence for a factory planet to be heavy on storage and thus a bit lower on the defense making them valuable defense/offensive targets.

- Axi

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-18 07:50   
Quote:

On 2007-10-17 17:24, Axianda wrote:
I like the blockade bit where ppl tend to use up the planets reserves untill nothing is left and ppl start dying.

Which would take years.

hundreds of years.

hell, we've been on this planet with a bloackade for a while. I don't see how this is a realistic or feaseable approach. Being unable to spawn ships makes more then enough sense.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-18 14:55   
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 07:50, Fattierob (x2 Giga Drill Breakers) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-10-17 17:24, Axianda wrote:

Which would take years.

hundreds of years.

hell, we've been on this planet with a bloackade for a while. I don't see how this is a realistic or feaseable approach. Being unable to spawn ships makes more then enough sense.

Yeah, but we can build a planet into being a high-tech civilization within thirty minutes.

I dont think Realism has come to the party.

Email Supertrooper
Page created in 0.010013 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR