No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » concerns about the wh device
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author concerns about the wh device
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-13 07:18   
As far as i understand it, the wh device is limitied to a system rigth in the new patch ?..

Well heres the problem, if ure in an station and getting attacked, and u only have a wh device, where do u run? if the system dont have a good built cluster you have to wh yourself to open space, then the enemies could just folow trough the wormhole and kill you...i see no retreat posibility in this...

I know that u shouldnt take out stations when underpowerd in a battle. But battles changes after time and so on....

Anyways only thing i can see to fix this, is that a wh can only be accesd by the faction that made it..but thats sucks aswell...

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny] on 2007-10-13 07:21 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-13 10:59   
Quote:

On 2007-10-13 07:18, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny] wrote:
Well heres the problem, if ure in an station and getting attacked, and u only have a wh device, where do u run?

You should never be alone in a station. If you are, you're asking for death.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-13 11:34   
For one, you should never be alone with a station. Station does not mean invincible.

For two, if you must run, HMA. Or wormhole to a nearby friendly cluster.

Stations never used to have instant OMG I R NERLY DED I GET OUT LOL buttons, and now they won't again. Use stations with care.

-Ent

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-13 14:14   
Teamwork?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-10-13 14:24   
Quote:

On 2007-10-13 14:14, Smartin wrote:
Teamwork?

now now no cursing in here....

but seriously, if your going into a fight with a station its most of the time a win or die situation, simply because your way to massive to get around fast...

- Axi

Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-14 07:43   
About the hma, evrybody that uses stations know that we cant switch wh with hma in open space, then the device will get bugged and cant be used. atleast the UGTO stations.

To say that
@Fattierob and Enterprise, I havent seen many using stations alone in a battle, have u? thats absolutley not the point. I do know that u shouldnt use a station alone in a figth and when underpowerd. BUT!! and i say BUT! as i said in my original post. WHAT if the battle changes! what if there comes alot more enemies! then the station got no exit point if it has a wh device. Even if u got an frendly planet or cluster the wh wont be accurate and u will use time to get into the sy or whatnot. And enemies will follow just to kill that station.

...and yes ofc evry ship should have their quik button escape, just abit more advanced with a stations.

As i see it using a stations in the next version seems very dangerus and when u could lose up to 1.5k of prestige in one dosnt make it any behter.

I do know that the stations will get alot bether the next version but it still wont be that hard to take down. Its slow and ppl will fire at the stations first (mostly) so i do not like this new idea with litle wh range...

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-14 11:31   
Quote:

On 2007-10-14 07:43, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny] wrote:
About the hma, evrybody that uses stations know that we cant switch wh with hma in open space, then the device will get bugged and cant be used. atleast the UGTO stations.

To say that
@Fattierob and Enterprise, I havent seen many using stations alone in a battle, have u? thats absolutley not the point. I do know that u shouldnt use a station alone in a figth and when underpowerd. BUT!! and i say BUT! as i said in my original post. WHAT if the battle changes! what if there comes alot more enemies! then the station got no exit point if it has a wh device. Even if u got an frendly planet or cluster the wh wont be accurate and u will use time to get into the sy or whatnot. And enemies will follow just to kill that station.

...and yes ofc evry ship should have their quik button escape, just abit more advanced with a stations.

As i see it using a stations in the next version seems very dangerus and when u could lose up to 1.5k of prestige in one dosnt make it any behter.

I do know that the stations will get alot bether the next version but it still wont be that hard to take down. Its slow and ppl will fire at the stations first (mostly) so i do not like this new idea with litle wh range...

Firstly that is the risk you take when you print out a station. The chance that you could die, and it will most likely cost a lot of prestige, but on the other hand it also means you have more fire power and in most cases your more versatile. Take the supply station, you can reload and fight at the same time. It should cost a little bit when you die in that because you have a greater chance of gain prestige. It's just the "risk" factor of the game.

Secondly, although beta is not finsihed yet from what I have seen stations are a lot harder to kill. Not anywhere near the level that it is in .483. Also I don't think every ship should hae "ah oh noes I am loosing must retreat feature". Dieing is all part of the game. Before we get to worried about it we should wait for beta to get a little further along so we can test it. The stations are looking to get overhauls, so perhaps it won't be as bad as your thinking.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-10-14 20:33   
dude you don't understand...we were using WH's to wormhole to the enemy's home system and wipe it out in one night. and beforee the Safezones, the home planet would be gone too, so the faction would have 0 planets...and hit HAS happened...i was on the factiuon that it happened to. so stop complainging about the WH's. they NEED to get removed altogether. nerfing them this way is the second best option.

[ This Message was edited by: leonide on 2007-10-14 20:34 ]

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-14 22:40   
Quote:

On 2007-10-14 20:33, leonide wrote:
they NEED to get removed altogether.

And you need to be slapped.

WH's are strategical, but broken. What their doing with them, lowering their distance and hopefully increasing their recharge time, gets them on track to what they aught to be. In-system transportation, which can only be used in very dire situations by a defending/attacking fleet to get away from an enemy and regroup.

Email Supertrooper
Trent_
Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-15 05:47   
So...If wh's are going to be made inter-system only you might aswell use a hma...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-15 11:10   
Wormholes were never intended to be used to cross the entire MV in one jump. They were conceived as a quick way to get a fleet into an engagement. The idea is that you mass your fleet somewhere undetected or protected (deep space or cluster) and then all jump in at the same time. You could of course do this via a simple set of follow commands and a lead ship jumping, but the WH was conceived as a way to fall upon your enemies in one fell swoop, without the transport time required for a standard jump.

It can be used a mass evac system too, but that wasn't the main need being served when they were added.

I think every other point has been pretty clearly covered, at least from my point of view.

Email Shigernafy
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-15 11:12   
Anywas out of topic, the home planet is gone be like imposible to bomb as they said in the dev log. But ofc i totaly agree on having the wh range limited.

But i do not see the problem of making the wh range to the next system. That way u get a more strategical weapon in your hand. When enemies attack a planet u could more easly get there with a wh and start defending or the other way around.

And id also would like to see that the WH`s get more acurate then what they are now. Is like 0-500 GU off where ure point is..should nerf that aswell if they gona make it in system..

@trent, WH`s are made to move fleets and so on...But ofc i do think more ppl will use HMA then WH. IT all depends on how the situation is at that point i gues..

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-15 14:48   
Quote:

On 2007-10-15 11:12, Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny] wrote:
Anywas out of topic, the home planet is gone be like imposible to bomb as they said in the dev log.

No, their not..

It'll take a large fleet movement, and hopefully last a long time to seige a planet such as a Homeworld.

Maybe some sort of an actual seige system, where as planets population/food/resources slowly dwindle away.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-10-15 15:22 ]

Email Supertrooper
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-15 14:52   
As stated before, there is a risk.

Don't want to lose 1k prestige? Then don't put yourself into that position. Hug a planet, get a giant fleet around you, make sure you have a contingency plan. Stations are going to be hard to kill, but they won't be invincible.

The last thing we need is for all the people who easily got FA/GA this version to be flying neigh-invincible fortresses that can escape into safety far faster and easier than ANY other ship can. The WH device currently can take you 2.5-3.0 million gu to a safe zone. Its already irritating that a station can be like "OMG IM ABOUT TO DIE IM GONE LOL". Thought at least this version they have some excuse, since most are worthless.

But next version they wont be. They'll likely be capable of taking quite a beating and since they'll be so powerful, they must have a weaknesses and risks.

Don't want to die? Don't put yourself in a position to.

-Ent

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-18 10:03   
That's actually a good point about end-point accuracy though - they could be more accurate now that they've had their range reduced. That DOES increase the success rate for WH fishing, but that isn't necessarily bad, as long as the WH isn't, say, hiding inside a planet.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018959 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR