No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » My first peak in and some issue
 Author My first peak in and some issue
Ocomi
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-01 03:16   
Hi everyone, just peaked my first bit into the beta and here is my first little report.

Bug: Disband infantry (for planet population) crashing my client. Yes everytime.
Map was: The war begins in Luyten 726
Planet: Mycopia
Time: between 8:30AM-9:15AM GMT+1
Produced infantry from barracks aswell as dropped infantry of a transport from capping the planet.
No certain error message, just a prompt that an error occured and if i´d wish to repeat or abort. But my client already was dumped when that popped up.
Just the gameclient tho, not the GCQL.

I noticed also that my miningbeam stopped working every now and then for no apperant reason. Not sure tho, mightve been an angle or range issue, ill try that again in the evening (my time).
Starport sale seems to be bumpy aswell, it sold 5 (hope i recall right)resources several times for 150 credits even tho i had more or less. Then unselecting the port and trying again after a while it worked as normal.( Range issue? )

Upgrades for modules: Its a tad confusing at the start i gotta admit. I figure a Red box means i cant upgrade that module onto my current ship and a green that ive already got a better one. The rest seems ok and works as normal from what i could test so far.

Other than that i couldnt find anything yet. On a sidenote tho, 2 hour timers for each map dont realy give much time for testing. If ure building up a flag planet from scratch and have to weed the pop and tech up it takes, well, you know how long that takes. So it wont leave much time left to spawn anything big, test modules, upgrading or combat realy.
Extended maptimers or faster tech/pop weed would be better to test the ´´big guns´´ without the need of an admin/mod to spawn/give the stuff.

My 2 cents so far.

-Regards McMannok

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-09-01 08:48   
Beta isn't fully fledged and ready for testing yet. Most/all of the issues have pretty much been found and are committed to memory.

But thanks though! Its nice to see some people still care...

-Ent

Ocomi
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-01 13:47   
No problem, and yea i know about the state of the beta client. I couldnt find these in the known problems sticky so ive posted it anyways.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-09-03 00:30   
i have to agree with mcmanook, my game client crashed when i disbanded infantry. so that is one bug that is not found yet....(it is now though...)

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-09-03 00:32   
Lucky I cannot even get my beta running. Ok this is what happens I launch the Mars.Palestar server and it starts off in a black sized down mode. Then it completely maximizes but I see only my background of whatever I was doing at the time I have some sound affects but other then that nothing.

Please feel free to correct me on my grammatical errors as I am trying to better my posting and writing.

Page created in 0.009428 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR