Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » DarkSpace Teaser
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author DarkSpace Teaser
Count of The Arctic
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-27 13:03   
Quote:

On 2007-07-27 12:10, MkV2 wrote:
IT missles foo'

More background on what ship is in the main view, and what ship the pegasus was. kthx

and for like a TV Commercial, you're gonna want to catch attention. Sorry to say, but most people are attracted to loud noises and big booms, not a plot. A 14 vs 14 vs 14 battle on the MV for tripwik that had 20 seconds of it recorded and get all edited and awesomized would look good on tv

Especially if Im in it

this isnt even close to the quality of the final video all the sounds will be added in the final video relax kk

Email Count of The Arctic   Goto the website of Count of The Arctic
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-07-27 15:07   
archer missles lmao lol that was funny i thought it sounded out of place lol sounds good though. things to fix(i think):some scouts should die, captian should ask for salvagables, archer missles/IT(giggles) should hit and damage side of ship, better things yet to come

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-27 15:44   
Truly hope this teaser-teaser isn't the final quality like you say....i mean it's ok if you know what DS is about, you can figure out what's going on. But someone new won't understand what's happening, all you see is one small ship and some lighting effects, lines and squares, a few planets.

The big problem is, it's TOO FRIGGIN DARK! Make a map with several(!) suns to add a little light on the matter at hand

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-27 16:15   
Using the name "Archer" for missiles is older than Halo and fairly common; terms like Archer, Longbow, Ballista, Arrow, etc- popular names for missile craft and their weaponry.

Although, reading the script, I'm reminded of the bit from the Wing Commander flick where Blair and Devereaux are sent out to investigate the Pegasus colony ship thing... after the navcom and all.

Also, I'm not sure if you intentionally left them to display the nature of the game, but the HUD controls can be disabled with 1, 3, 7, and maybe 9 on the numpad; press / twice to turn off the armor arc display, and then hit alt-c (with nothing targetted) to disable the target diamonds.

Also also, I'm not sure if this works these days, but you can get better, closer camera shots and sweeps by ctrl-clicking a location and hitting C to move the camera there. If that doesn't work anymore, just drop an item or fire a bomb, target it, and hit C to move the camera to it- then zoom out until your ship is "zoomed in".

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-07-27 16:26 ]

Count of The Arctic
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-28 02:22   
Quote:

On 2007-07-27 16:15, Sardaukar wrote:
Using the name "Archer" for missiles is older than Halo and fairly common; terms like Archer, Longbow, Ballista, Arrow, etc- popular names for missile craft and their weaponry.

Although, reading the script, I'm reminded of the bit from the Wing Commander flick where Blair and Devereaux are sent out to investigate the Pegasus colony ship thing... after the navcom and all.

Also, I'm not sure if you intentionally left them to display the nature of the game, but the HUD controls can be disabled with 1, 3, 7, and maybe 9 on the numpad; press / twice to turn off the armor arc display, and then hit alt-c (with nothing targetted) to disable the target diamonds.

Also also, I'm not sure if this works these days, but you can get better, closer camera shots and sweeps by ctrl-clicking a location and hitting C to move the camera there. If that doesn't work anymore, just drop an item or fire a bomb, target it, and hit C to move the camera to it- then zoom out until your ship is "zoomed in".

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-07-27 16:26 ]

ok thx for the tip

Email Count of The Arctic   Goto the website of Count of The Arctic
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-13 16:38   
Did you tell them that you were making a teaser. you could tel them wat to do and make it look like the script. are you a mod? ask them they could help you, i think.

Email -Shadowalker-™
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-13 16:41   
and you can use the observation mode too. that gets rid of almost everything

Email -Shadowalker-™
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-13 17:01   
i have an idea but it could take a while to get it to you arctic

Email -Shadowalker-™
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-13 20:38   
Posted: 2007-07-28 02:22
... You know this looks like digging up a old thread
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:38
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:41
Posted: 2007-11-13 17:01
... If no one has replied yet, the EDIT button would work perfect.

and to get on topic.
"Crtl + C" disables target indicators. close all surrounding information screens and it looks just as nice as observer mode. but stil allowes you to have some decent camera and other controles.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.013708 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR