No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Building is boring????
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Building is boring????
Dune Warz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-25 00:12   
I think you this games lag should really be fixed. My understanding is this

game could hold 500 players right? Is that a joke? Well other then that

could palestar please come out with better ways of gaining pres for some

of the other jobbings? Like says combat, it bearly ever happends and

when it does its impossilbe to gain pres. Or maybe supply, its also

impossible to gain pres. I really think this game has potental but it really

needs some work. How about fixing the lag so that you can add some NPC

enemy space ships to the map?? I don't know about other people in this

game but if building is all you can do I'm sorry to say, I understand why

this game isn't so popular. Fix the game make it as easy to gain pres as

building. I don't want to gain 12 pres in a year for combat... I've just

gotten back into the game after a year and everything is the same. Boring

same old building building building. OMG

-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-25 00:20   
Type in Wordpad at least if you're going to type it up before copy-pasting into the forum. :/

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

Dune Warz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-25 00:27   
Sorry I had to copy and paste because forums is really dumb. I can't post anywhere, why bother making all these forum pages just to take up space in darkspace website if customers can't even post??? Can you guys just chat in a different page or something. I've tried to write to so many different forums and all I got was not allowed to post. I got tired of retyping so I copied and paste. No one should have a problem with that.....

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-25 00:43   
welcome to the world of ds

[ This Message was edited by: Borgie on 2007-07-25 03:28 ]

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-25 06:19   
First off - sounds like you have a problem with cookies, or IE if you cannot post. The forums have always worked, and are quite simple.

Second, building and bombing prestige gain are both out of wack. They allow you to gain prestige faster than you should be able to. Hence why everything else seems slow, but that's how it's meant to be. You're not meant to shoot up 5-6 ranks in one day (unless you start at Midshipman and play 24/7).

There is a problem with combat prestige, and we're aware of this. Due to the fact that armour and shielding is so strong, people always jump out before their hull gets damaged - and it's the damage on hull that gets you your ships damaged points. We won't change this system due to the obvious abuse that it would open the game up to. Instead, we're lowering armour and shield HP in the next version, and upping the hull HP by about 30-35% across the board, to allow ships to stay and fight longer whilst their armour and shielding has gone.

Supplying, is pretty much the perfect prestige gain system. It doesn't allow you to gain to fast, and doesn't gain you prestige at a slow rate. There is nothing wrong with supplying, and if you think you're not getting much prestige from it, then perhaps you're not doing it right. The single reload supply ship supplies slowly, because we don't want low ranked players shooting up the ranks (as I mentioned before).

I'm sorry to say, but this isn't intended to be World of Warcraft, where you can login for an hour a week and rank up a few times. Bombing and Building both gain prestige at a rate which the dev team did not intend, and this is being fixed in 1.484 (they're being drasticly lowered). Combat prestige is being increased (or rather, the ability to get it), and Supply will be staying as is.

- Jack

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-25 06:28   
even bombing isnt that outreagous.. ive been here a year and still dont have the highest rank.. yes i may die a lot due to my appauling bombing skills.. but even then i have to admit supplying is vvvv good prestige with a relatively small chance of dying.. ive heard of missions being exploited where people got fa literally overnight.. i hope that doesnt happen again in my ds time..

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-25 06:55   
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 06:19, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
First off - sounds like you have a problem with cookies, or IE if you cannot post. The forums have always worked, and are quite simple.

Second, building and bombing prestige gain are both out of wack. They allow you to gain prestige faster than you should be able to. Hence why everything else seems slow, but that's how it's meant to be. You're not meant to shoot up 5-6 ranks in one day (unless you start at Midshipman and play 24/7).

Did I miss something? Besides have the availabilty of building a planet come fairly easy I would not call it a quick way to gain prestige.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-07-25 09:12   
I have a problem with cookies too, Jack. Damn you, sugar cookies and your type-2 diabetes!

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-25 09:18   
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 00:12, Aldune. wrote:
Or maybe supply, its also impossible to gain pres.

i have to say you're wrong about that. anyone who disagrees needs to look at my profile.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:08   
Building can be very exciting and even stressful. You just have to do it right. Try building in the admiral server when no one else is in there. You will set up a main planet for a shipyard, a few mining worlds to support ship creation, etc. But you end up waiting for tech and pop on the worlds, fearing that someone else could log in at any time and most likely grab a bomber. You tap you foot rapidly on the ground and hop in your chair waiting for that tech to go from 19 to 20 and those lvl 1 defs light up. You get a couple of planets set up with basic defs but you still have 30-40 minutes until that shipyard is useful.

Suddenly you see it. A red icon on the nav screen near your planet. It is there for only an instant, but you know what it means. You jump back to the planet as fast as possible. Those 20 seconds of jumping feels like an eternity. You smartly jump in front of the planet rather than to the fast moving bomber that you cant detect directly anyway. Once you arrive, you see the blue trails streaming in. The bombs approach. The basic defs are of no concern to the bomber, and he keeps on stacking them. When he gets close, he breaks left, shooting a couple of volleies of bombs away from the main cluster. The bomb cluster hits your ship as you intercept them, but those last bombs are too far away to hit. At the last second, you come into range and your PD beams take them out.

The basic defs finally eat through the bomber's armor and some hull damage is taken. He flees, failed in his attack, and the missiles barely let him escape alive. He jumps away and out of sight. What will he do next? Will he give up and leave the server? Will he try building for himself? Will he try again? Will he try to hit a different planet? You keep a sharp watch on the nav screen, while also keeping an eye on your planets' tech and pop. You jitter nervously in your chair as your shipyard planet slowly grows in tech and pop towards cruiser and dread levels. You begin gathering resources from the mining worlds to the Shipyard, but each jump leaves you vulnerable to a sudden bomber attack as you recharge. What will happen next? Stay on your toes...

.......... .... I dont see how that is boring. Perhaps you are doing it wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FC* on 2007-07-25 10:11 ]

MkV2
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-25 11:38   
Meh, the messed up bombing scene at the moment drives me away from building on Admiral. Just yesterday there were 4 UGTO players, no one else. I wont give names because I dont have permission, but the other three guys were building and I was cruising about in an Assault Corvette in case something came along. Since our engineers were building a 3 planet cluster, 2 of them left their planets to go mine and help main planet (SY planet to be) Our main engineer and I are left. A chirp from my computer tells me an enemy is nearby, but I look at the NAV screen and find only his ghost. I go about 500 gu between his ghost and planet, waiting to shoot him down and catch his covered bombs in the explosion (I knew the bomber's name from the shadow, and he NEVER upgrades, newbie) The engineer gets ready to intercept any other bombs. Suddenly, on the other side of the planet, is our bomber friend, 600 gu from the planet. We both race to the other side, but by then the bombs are 80 gu from the planet, and its too late. It took half an hour or more to build the planet, maybe 3 minutes to wipe it clean. Not the most appealing line of work IMO

Not only that, but we did eventually get our SY up and start flying Cruisers and Dreads (And my Dessy, bleh for being Lt Com), and 30 seconds later, the server restarts! 3 hours of building and mining and guarding the planets is wasted.

Count of The Arctic
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-25 13:09   
Alot of the curent balance issues and such will be taken care of in the next version and worked out, As the ones that arent ouvious become realized just stick with it.... It will turn out good in the end.

Remember im not a dev so I do not know what they are all working on but I do know there working on alot of them.

[ This Message was edited by: Count of The Arctic on 2007-07-25 13:13 ]

Email Count of The Arctic   Goto the website of Count of The Arctic
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-25 13:10   
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 06:55, Smartin wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 06:19, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Did I miss something? Besides have the availabilty of building a planet come fairly easy I would not call it a quick way to gain prestige.

You shouldn't be able to bomb or build your way to FA in one month, regardless of skill level. Both are possible in this current version. The bombing problem creates hundreds of empty planets for people to build upon meaning anyone who likes building can litraly do it 24/7, gaining more prestige from it than was intended (we never intended for 25-50% of the planets in the MV to be buildable at the same time).

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-25 13:11   
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 09:18, Doran wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-25 00:12, Aldune. wrote:
Or maybe supply, its also impossible to gain pres.

i have to say you're wrong about that. anyone who disagrees needs to look at my profile.

supply is the best damn press in the game besides combat and its easy, you follow any ugto ship in to combat, urn your ecm on, and press "y" bam! easy press

Email Borgie
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-25 13:42   
WHAT!!! u gona lower the pres on building!!!!

YOU INSANE?? u know how damned boring it is to build?? and its not that much pres u get out of it..30mins can get u about 60-70 pres? 30mins is alot of time for some ppl! ure mad and i doubt hardly that anyone will even bother to build if u gona lower that.

Man i just knew they gona screw something up on the next version

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023587 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR