No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Device Ideas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author New Device Ideas
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-23 03:38   
I'm not saying change everything back to what it was originally, but K'luth have basicaly no armor anyways, so it'd be about the same. Only they'd have abit of extra hull so it isnt 'uncloak-shoot once-then die'..

PS. K'luth didnt originaly have CL2k, had to be modded..

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-07-23 03:43 ]

Email Supertrooper
Ocomi
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-01 14:21   
ICC Supply ship only module: --Shield Transfer Array--

We all know what happens most of the time on ICC sides, once you catch damage to ure armor/hull badly. You fly to a suppy get the tiny bit of hull and armor fixed in seconds and then have to wait 5 minutes to get ure shields back full.

Why not have a device for ICC supply ships that transfer the supply ships shield energy to its target? Faster gameplay->more action->more fun->more happy people. (lets be honest there are enough other things in the game that consume tons of time and patience)
Noone likes to just sit around and wait 5+ minutes for his shield to recharge. Kluth and Ugto could get a small boost to their reload speed/efficiency to balance this out.

---------------------

I like the idea of the holding beam, why not actualy make a different version of this. Throw out the Area of effekt interdiction and instead have a device that only has effekt on the target while its active?

This device would replace the one shot ´´win button´´ only requiring minimal energy, effort, and manpower.

In short: A tractorbeamlike weapon with a minimum range you have to stay in while activating it on a target ship. And to amke this a team effort, requiring several beams on the target according to its engine/hull class.

Maybe also have the max. speed of the target turned down a bit per beam on it, so ya can actualy keep it in beamrange once ya cought it.

Sure ya can hurt that players prestige a lot still, by making him stuck and obliterate him like a fly on the wall. But you will have to cut down on effektive firepower to do that now. And not just have a single ´pawn em all mobile´ ruining all enemies game with just one person sacrificed in matters of firepower.

Considering destroyed ships will be returned with 5% hull into the garage when destroyed anyways, this might be a welcome change..i think.

Also gives the longrange support ships kind of a importence as they will be the ones able to stay clear of the main battle, those devices and hurt those evil mobiles with the beams back from relative safety.
(points to carriers and missile ships)

My 2 cents ^^

[ This Message was edited by: McMannok on 2007-09-01 15:50 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-01 17:28   
No. Shields regenerate quicker than armour and have less HP. They're designed to regenerate on their own over time. If you start lowering this time so that shields get insane recharge times, or suddenly get repaired things start getting unballanced.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-09-01 17:29 ]

Ocomi
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-01 17:57   
Well maybe i wasnt too clear at this point, but i did not mean a boost in recharge rate, nor infinite ´repair´of shields.

I meant a transfer device from the support ship to the target. Just to speed it up a lil tad, but thats at the cost of the supply ships energy and shields. So its not indifinite and weakens the supplyship. thought that tradeoff wouldve been ok for easing the pretty long wait on a bigger shieldship when its outa shield and energy. But oh well.

What about the interdiction beam tho?

[ This Message was edited by: McMannok on 2007-09-01 17:57 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-09-01 20:04   
All these things seem a bit EvE-ish.

Okay.. let me put it this way (since Jack was lazy and didn't explain ICC properly).

Shields do, infact, recharge faster than armor. Much faster. This is how they were designed (as Jack said).

Now, then..

ICC Shields have less HP than armor, but they can be rotated. While UGTO and KLuth must rely on turning their entire ship to make use of all their armor, ICC can focus their shields to one arc instantly.

This is the equivilant of suddenly having to punch through all the armor on a UGTo ship rather than just a single arc.

This makes ICC ships highly resistant. An experienced player can easily use their shields tactically to outlast their opponents.

Now.. you throw something like this in, and suddenly they become that much more resiliant. Since more than one supply could focus on a ship at one time, they could make things such as dreads extremely hard to kill. And they could just switch the beam if one of the ICC supplys gets attacked. A group of three or four supplys working in tandem would make ICC a virtual tank.

And nearly impossible to kill.

While the idea of less recharge times on shields are appealing, it also means giving them an unparalleled advantage, one which would unbalance the game. You have to rememember to think of things in all possible scenarios for and exploit of it. They may seem circumstantial, but people can and do look for the greatest possible advantage, and this is simply one that is too big to counter.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-01 21:09   
What Ent said.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-09-03 00:24   
more armor on the kluth suppy would be kinda nice, rather than have it one shot kill....

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-04 00:28   
wait! u mean icc shields are suppose to be good thing and not so much as a crutch to a ship higher than a dessie?

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-04 20:25   
Aye, they're pretty much reversed as it were I think... forget exactly how it goes.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-10-29 19:11   
what about this... faster recharge when off (off = no protection larger recharge. on = protection moderate recharge) hell you could throw in a mode that makes the shields like armor >_> no rechage but 2x the strength (no rotation ability aswell) this would be usefull for situations were rotating is not a good idea

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-10-30 14:10   
no shields are shields, armor is armor.

cant see the point of having something thats like something but not.

i do however like the idea of faster regen when shields are not deployed.
it has the advantage of quick fix.
the mayor disadvantage of having nothing to safe your bony behind when they hit you.

so its a high risk thing.

as for the transfer its a nice idea but as pointed out above open to way to many abuse/unbalance issue's

- Axi

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-31 03:42   
I can't think of a single situation where rotating is NOT a good idea.

Shields with rotating, easily makes it better than ANY armor. Every individual shield is weaker than each individual armor, but an ICC ship can bring a whole lot more defence to bear with rotating than ANY UGTO ship.

Now about the faster recharge when off...

Well for one, (currently) shields already recharge fast. Well at least, in comparison to armor. If you rotate your shields when you're out of combat and make the percentages on each shield as equal as possible you can get your aggregate defence back up relatively fast (each individual shield collectively contributes to every other shield).

I know that doesn't make alot of sense, but think about it.

Basically, your shields act like sort of a focused barrier you can point anywhere, which means that if you can have literally 4 arcs of defence on one point, its almost like having 4x the regain at one point.

Pretty much I'm trying to say, its already fast. Having it faster when off would mean that even in combat, if you are exceptionally good at dodging, you could switch them off, have them regain even faster, switch them back on.

And believe me, flying with your shields off isn't an uncommon occurance, Its a great way to regain energy when neccessary and to let your armor take a little beating if neccessary.

Personally, it wouldn't be so bad of an idea but I know how it is after a rough fight, and you get your armor and hull repaired by 15 depots but your shields are still recharging, it would certainly speed up the process. But I can just think of too many ways I could use that added recharge to maul all those poor UGTO/Kluth whose armor is already pathetically slow at naturally recharging. Seems just a little too unfair.

-Ent

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-03 09:15   
Honestly here.....

Think outside the box for a minute

some of us LOVE COMBAT so...if we wanna duke it out as a kluth vs. UGTO/ICC we will do so....not what they're meant for...Hit and Run

Therefore if i want to go into combat and mash spacebar that is my preroggative (SP)

i think Lithiums idea for "bone" armor is just fine its stronger than organic armor and we'd last longer in combat

dont put down ideas just because you dont WANT THEM in game jack....look at it from a combatants point of view.....not what you want.....its less headache on us who actually love those ideas -.-

Besides.....we pay for this game....we should get what we want to get....not what YOU or anyone else THINKS we should get....its like a parent telling their "teenagers" that are growing up what they should be when they grow up....see my point?

Email GothThug {C?}
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-03 09:32   
Quote:

On 2007-11-03 09:15, GothThug {C?} wrote:
Honestly here.....

some of us LOVE COMBAT so...if we wanna duke it out as a kluth vs. UGTO/ICC we will do so....not what they're meant for...Hit and Run

Therefore if i want to go into combat and mash spacebar that is my preroggative (SP)

i think Lithiums idea for "bone" armor is just fine its stronger than organic armor and we'd last longer in combat

dont put down ideas just because you dont WANT THEM in game jack....look at it from a combatants point of view.....not what you want.....its less headache on us who actually love those ideas -.-

Besides.....we pay for this game....we should get what we want to get....not what YOU or anyone else THINKS we should get....its like a parent telling their "teenagers" that are growing up what they should be when they grow up....see my point?

Okay, its this kind of mindset that really irks the hell out of me.

Its the typical "I'm going to do what I want and what is fun for me and to hell with everyone else and what they think is fun and what they want."

Total lack of courtesy.

And thankfully, thats why we have Faustus and the Devs.

They decide in the end, what goes into the game, what fits the game and how it was meant to be designed. You didn't design this game, you did not have original concepts of every faction. They were established long ago before most of us even joined

The Kluth concept, their design, their entire intention as a seperate faction is to be Hit and Run. not Duke it out until you die..

No. Thats their concept. And we don't change concepts as old as mud houses and work.

Want a faction that dukes it out on the offensive? Go UGTO. Want one on the defensive? Go ICC. Want hit and run style? Go KLuth. Every faction is tailored to different concepts for different players.

If it doesn't fit your style, don't play. We do not change the entire purpose of a faction because that is how you think they should be played. We change them if they do not work. .480 proved that to us.

This is why we come up with idea that support, not contradict the concepts of every faction. This is why Jack shoots down posts which contradict what a faction is supposed to be. Yes, factions are supposed to fit a concept.

Infact, this idea is so important, it bears repeating.

Factions are supposed to fit a specific concept.

Remember, players don't determine whats "best for the game" infact, most of us don't have a flaking clue as to whats "best" for it. What you want, or what players want, does not contitute it being valid, or right. They are your opinions, and you can state them. But remember...

This is why this section is called suggestions.

Not demands.

If you don't like it, unsub, quit Darkspace, and go cry somewhere else.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2007-11-03 09:49 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-03 10:03   
Quote:

On 2007-11-03 09:15, GothThug {C?} wrote:
Honestly here.....

First off, you couldnt fight your way out of a paper bag.

Secondly, yes we do pay for this game. That doesnt give us the devine right to make demands to the Developers.

We make suggestions, and if it fits the overall design for Darkspace, they might be implemented.

Trying to make K'luth the all powerful faction you want it to be is basicaly retarded.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032792 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR