No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Device Ideas
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author New Device Ideas
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-11-03 12:05   
back to the shielding topic, i agree ent, that it already recharges fast, and making it faster when its off would be ridiculous. So, why dont we make it just a tiny bit slower on recharging while active?

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-03 12:13   
What if, After 5/10 Seconds of not firing any weapons, The shield recharge rate doubles or something, Knowing that more power is available to the ship, for a period of 30 seconds, Unless weapons are fired again, Where shield recharge rate goes back to normal?

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-03 12:21   
Quote:

On 2007-11-03 10:03, Crim wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-03 09:15, GothThug {C?} wrote:
Honestly here.....

Think outside the box for a minute

some of us LOVE COMBAT so...if we wanna duke it out as a kluth vs. UGTO/ICC we will do so....not what they're meant for...Hit and Run

Therefore if i want to go into combat and mash spacebar that is my preroggative (SP)

i think Lithiums idea for "bone" armor is just fine its stronger than organic armor and we'd last longer in combat

dont put down ideas just because you dont WANT THEM in game jack....look at it from a combatants point of view.....not what you want.....its less headache on us who actually love those ideas -.-

Besides.....we pay for this game....we should get what we want to get....not what YOU or anyone else THINKS we should get....its like a parent telling their "teenagers" that are growing up what they should be when they grow up....see my point?

First off, you couldnt fight your way out of a paper bag.

Secondly, yes we do pay for this game. That doesnt give us the devine right to make demands to the Developers.

We make suggestions, and if it fits the overall design for Darkspace, they might be implemented.

Trying to make K'luth the all powerful faction you want it to be is basicaly retarded.

I cant? Ask the 4 players i've beaten in duels in fleetwars....in fact ask the people that i've dueled in fleet wars that i put up an effort....or tried too....-.- geeze....just because i cant fight in the MV doesnt mean i dont have the skill...its in hybernation (SP) just give me time.....

Email GothThug {C?}
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-05 17:18   
the thing about shields i find the most ballancing, is the fact of slow recharges when online, (due to the massive ammounts of power needed for said shields) so in space empires 5 (i know its not ds but bear with me its an example) the shields of a ship WONT WECHARGE IN COMBAT. however out of combat it regens hella quick.

so again why not make shields hella strong but no regen WHILE ON, off and it recharges. so the aux shield gen suddenly becomes usefull, you get small regen with it off to add tiny bits of power to your shields in combat.

this idea may not fit ds but regen when offline and major defence when on but no regen (ok it can regen if you have a device but after this i will add it >_>) aux gens offline can provide small ammounts of shield regen that you need to direct t a shield facing so its like armor in a way.. you may get 5% extra in combat but by that point your at 80hull =/.

stations/assault dreadnoughts get a secial item that when activated will take a msaive ammount of power, HOWEVER it adds the benifit of regenning the shields while online think 483 core weapon power drain for fast regen while on, now with 483 reactors its not a big deal however with 484 reactors this is an issue. it allso shortens your efective combat time due to you run OUT of power (no power = no power that the shields can use thus they fail and go offline like devices) so tactical use of it for say 3 or 4 kluth jumping you and you need to run this would be ideal to have :S

anywhoo my badideas <_<... yea i think of wered things that have no relavence to ds.. but hey thats me

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.015167 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR