Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The beginning
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author The beginning
CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-20 18:06   
my friend sovereign told me about this game back in 2003

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-22 20:23   
It was summer holidays, i was seriously bored, just finished some stuff for my local youth group, i had been using download.com to downlaod stuff for ages and i was lookin for star-trek based thing, then an icon saying massive strategy games and darkspace is halfway down the list HUGE Universe with thousands of online players, so i downloaded it 2nd of august 2006 now here i am almost a year later this game rox my fluffy sox

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-22 20:57   
Was playing a old....old star wars game and I got real tired of always being a fighter, going after capital ships. I knew they had to be a game out there, where you were the capital ship launching fighters. So i started searching capital ship, battleship, space battle ship and so and so forth. Finally, I hit on Dark Space and it was exactly what I was looking for!! No more puny ships with three to four guns but, massive ships-of-the-line with 15+ cannons. Think of it like this in all the sci-fi movies you've watched the coolest space battle scenes, are the ones with the big ships having it out. Dark Space serves up those same scenes daily.

Email thundercat984
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-23 06:09   
I think I was searching for a Homeworld Mod.. there was this tiny lil box down the bottom of the page that said Darkspace, thought it was a cool sounding name for a mod and clicked it..

Little did I know =)

Krissooo {=TB=}
Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2007-07-23 07:01   
I found the game from MMORPG.com site for searching Space games because i was thinking there is some and i got more interested into searching them after i watched cant remember what the film name was but there was a lot about space and space battles.

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-23 08:51   
Was looking for a space based online game. Was bored with the fps genre so I was googling for something different.

And here I still is!

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Headshot | Mr. Supervisor
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-23 10:32   
An accident really.

I googled for a free mmorts and it brought me to a webpage with free mmo's...

Then I played darkspace to find out it was a game you had to pay for...worth it though

The rest is history...covered in mirvs and missle spam.

Captain Caveman
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-24 06:17   
Was great to read Raggy's story about how the first players got into DS. As for me, blame my brother Darksworde. He was banging on about a game that was persistent (I'd never played any kind of persistent online game before), space based, had lots of cool ships, and a funky ranking system.

I had his old pc and luckily enough, it's venerable components enabled me to play the game at a more than adequate resolution and fps ( I think everything setting was on it's minimum ).

Pretty sure I didn't enjoy the game initially, but having someone upstairs on their computer able to shout instructions at you enables you to learn very quickly! I remember getting absolutely hammered one day by about 5 Pitch Black members just after modding my first ever flux Assault Dessie and thinking never again! That's when I discovered the joy of nuke mining and a whole new world of game play opened up to me. Sweet Jesus, I really miss those days! Hours upon hours of large numbers of experienced players battling it out in FA, with only the UGTO Vs ICC maps playing. Then you'd get the clan message from one of your clanmates saying that your system was under attack and FA would empty as everyone jumped into the MV for some serious fun.

The happy days when the Black Sheep Squadron, Agents, Evil, GTN, Space Warriors, The Wolf Pack, IGN, Pitch Black and not forgetting the Mercenaries of Andosia (I miss you guys) were all at the height of their powers and getting to Fleet Admiral really meant something.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-24 22:22   
Amen to that CC.

Count of The Arctic
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-25 00:52   
darkspen showed me and now im an addict. darkspen said he is moveing on though and hasent loged in and played in a while ...

Email Count of The Arctic   Goto the website of Count of The Arctic
Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-25 03:52   
Well all started for me back in 2001, when i was reading Hyper mag, had 2 page review about it "Darkspace new online space game" n i went o0o00o wet my pants, jumped on computer download it n yeah...

enterprise1345
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-26 17:22   
I found it randomly searching for mmo's to play lol to i payed for about 2 months then i found out about eve through this forum actually and started to play that and still do lol i come back once in a while to check in but nothing new seems to be going on ever lol

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.029992 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR