No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The beginning
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author The beginning
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-18 10:16   
I thought it would be intresting to hear how everyone came about to playing Darkspace. Did somdone show you? Accident? Google? etc. etc.

I was introduced to DarkSpace by a co-worker. You guys might no him as [Icarus]Jolesman. One day he decided he was gonig to show me a new game. I thought to myself sure but I really don't find gamming to be fun anymore. I remember him jumping in a dread, and fighting it out with Sheng for a bit. Latar I found that another close friend of mine who you know as [Icarus]RattleSnakeGold also plays, and so it began. The 3 of us all lined up in a livingroom, basement, or wherever playing DS. They taught me the basics and the rest is history.

How did you guys discover DS?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-07-18 11:07   
I think that after playing Darkgalaxy (a textbased MMO about space battle) i wanted a somewhat more real game like it. (I was a big fan of Halo, where the big spaceship looked really wonderfull to me)
So i started googling, and somehow, i dont know why, i found this before EvE, so i didnt skip the entire genre.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-07-18 11:57   
I bought the actual CD-ROM in a GameStop WAAAAY back when. Thought it looked cool, but didnt realize it was online-only. I did the tutorial and got my free week. I just loved how pretty the planets, stars and ships were. I especially liked the 'whoosh factor' of jumping. I remember just hitting J and then leaning back in my chair going "Whhhoooooooaaaaaaah!!!!!!". Good Times. I paid to play for a month, but was too young to have a job and couldnt afford to keep paying (I think it was 20 a month back then). I also had a computer that could BARELY handle the game so long as only a few other ships were around, and a dial-up connection that made my face hurt.

I put the game in the back of my mind until I turned about 20 and was looking for a new game. I remembered DarkSpace and wondered if it was still around. I googled it. With my brand-new computer and a Cable modem hooked up, I was ready to give it another go. I registered a new name and here I am.

Deadly Assassin
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-18 13:09   
lol i found it because i was looking for another game which i forgot the name of....something to do with space so i typed it in...thought ewww pretty and downloaded it....and u can guess the rest

Mk-V
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-18 13:47   
I found someone talking about it in the chat of a different game, and since the other game gets tiring fast, I googled it and checked it out. Im totally getting another month after my coupon thing goes out.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-07-18 15:34   
I used to go to a web cafe called Webheave, where all of the guys who ran it played. These guys happened to be the original Agents, so thats the fleet I got my start in as a DSer.

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-18 16:09   
Im trying to find out how I got here, anyone know? please? help!

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-07-18 16:10   
happen to click on the Darkspace Add on fileplanet.
downloaded it and played it.
and im stuck here ever since.

[Don't you dare un-stuck me!]

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-07-18 16:25   
Its all Depth's fault...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-18 17:13   
Fileplanet here as well. I had just discovered Descent: Freespace: The Great War (AKA FS1), and was checking for patches and stuff for it, when I saw "Featured Download: DarkSpace", and clicked on the link, thinking it to be a mod for Freespace. Wrong, but so right.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-18 17:17   
A friend of mine and myself was discussing some ideas for a now-defeunct stardock game (like all of them, eh?). He showed me a map of the .480 metaverse and I asked him "hey, this looks pretty cool, where did you get this?". He responded "some game. here's a link".

Been here ever since. what wat his name?....nitehawk or somthing?...

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-18 17:36   
was looking for a good space game at gamestop, saw a crummy old box that was bent with a price tag of $5, thought to myself "Wow, that must be a crap game...." next thing i did was pick it up and buy it lol, only to find out when i installed it that it was online lol

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-07-18 18:45   
well i was getting bored of runescape and had completed ALL my games on the hardest level of difficulty so then when i went round my parents house i saw my dad and brother playing this space game so i asked "wats this game?" my dad said "im not telling ya" with a big grin on his face so then i thought fair enough and watched them play the game when it was time to leave my dad came up to me and gave me a bit of paper with the name 'darkspace' written on it ... so when i got home i looked it up downloaded it .. took about a minite hehe althou it took my dad and bro 30 mins hehe so i thought ill do the tutorial then after that i subbed my self right after it without knowing about the free sub then from there i learned alot from the ugto players and was for the first 2 months almost playing NON-stop.
oh and their nickname were Bryghtblade not sure wat my bros was

[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow*EP4*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2007-07-19 08:06 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-18 20:25   
Originaly, I found it through PCGamer UK, as they had an article about DarkSpace being dropped from Ubisoft. I then later signed up again when I saw the fileplanet offer.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-18 21:36   
I went online and searched for "Online Space Game". I clicked on a link taking me to this list of such games, and clicked on Darkspace. Downloaded it, started playing, was impressed by the graphics and such, and stayed.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022916 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR