- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [EVENT CLOSED]6th WKA Competition
 Author [EVENT CLOSED]6th WKA Competition
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-16 22:22   
6th WKA competition.

Competition date: Now – Monday July 30th 2007 10:00 PM EST

Prize: Palestar has made some donations and have added some coupons to show their support to us for trying to help the people in the community and Darkspace.
3rd place 2.5 million credits and 3 day subscription
2nd place 5 million credits and 5 day subscription
1st place 10 million credits and 10 day subscription
Additional prizes will be handed out as well, read below for details.

Of course I am always capable to hand out more prizes depending on how many people get involved and how much assistance is given to the person in help by the person submitting to the competition. So in other words I am not limited to only handing out 3 prizes.

I feel it is the obligation of a staff member to assist new players so this competition will be for the person who is under no obligation to help. So there will be a no staff involvement policy for this competition when it comes to entries. I am looking for people in the community to really step up and help.

Only rules are what are listed in the description. Just try to stick to the content of the competition.

I have seen the question popped a few times now “is there a way for us to get compensated or be given anything to help new people out?” Well here is your opportunity. I am going to start this competition and run it for 11 days and allow you, a person who knows this game, to help someone new and get something in return. Whether you are in the lobby or in game and you assist someone new by answering questions or showing someone how to do something and are able to provide proof of your actions then you will be given a number. Numbers will start at 1 and for every deed that is done a new number will be handed out. At the end number 1 through (how ever many entries there are) will be entered into a random number generator and the winners will be chosen.

So player (Challenger) provides 5 entries he will receive numbers 1-5, (Mr. Slinki) has 10 entries he will be given numbers 6-15, etc…

Examples: You can help by telling them where to find something in the manual, RoC, how to clan chat, how to private message someone in game, or send a message to an individual, how to build, how to send a distress, etc… Anything you say to a new person to help with will be totally accepted.

Also if you see someone help someone else you will be allowed to enter them into the competition just as long as they didn’t enter it in themselves already and you could receive a bonus prize for submitting them. Of course any fraudulent activity will be grounds for automatic disqualification from the competition and future competitions.

RULES:
1.) You are allowed to make as many entries as you wish
2.) Proof will consist of chat logs, or screen shots. Don’t ask me how you are supposed to get your proof in your screen shot; you just need to find a way. Maybe ask the person to private send you a message stating briefly how you helped them and stating your name in it.
3.) No you cannot help your clone account (staff will be looking into fraud on this matter for me)
4.) The person must be new I would say at least less then 1 month or a very low amount of prestige like within the first few ranks still.

To help boost the involvement a little this is how the prizes will be handled. The prize amounts will not change however if there isn’t a lot of involvement then fewer prizes will be handed out.
3rd place will be handed out no matter how many entries there are.
2nd place will require 20 entries.
1st place will require 35 entries.

Also please keep all the unnecessary post reply chatter to a minimum as this will make my job a little easier in the end when trying to view them all. Good luck with the competition and if there are any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

I am always accepting donations both in credit form in Darkspace and in money form from donations made to Paypal. You can sent the Paypal payment to me though our website link or directly at my email address challengerds@gmail.com

100% of the donations made will go towards the Darkspace competition and for accountability purposes if any donations are made I will post the donator and the amount on our website. I will not post their names upon request.

-WKA Team

Oh and obviously you are not allowed to enter anything that was from before this competition started. No old chat logs, no old forum posts, etc...

Edited to add that extra bit on the end.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2007-07-28 18:53 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2007-07-30 20:53 ]

Email Challenger
Tarnekep
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-16 23:06   
hey that is not fair I have been helping out one of my team members for a long time and I did not know you where going to do this shhhh lol to late I think i got him already trained :*(

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-07-17 12:51   
I will link challenger to logs later..

1- [-LAG-]ftdrumstunna (July 17 2007 - 11:30) Log
2- cfpauli (July 18 2007 - 12:00)Log

[ This Message was edited by: Peter Wiggin on 2007-07-19 12:13 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-19 03:34   
When were you going to link those logs?

Email Challenger
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-28 18:53   
Only 2 days left.

Email Challenger
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-07-28 19:44   
hell becous you ask so nicely.

I'm lazy; so i only did a searth of the word "Update" in my chat logs since the 14th.
I included all extra chat's lines between the first question and the last reply.

07-15
22:36:30 airassassin: "Hey, anyone know how to just play the game? All my com says is tutorial."
22:36:30 [S.W]-fLiPPeR-: "I have a feeling that my mom is going to get pregnant again today..."
22:36:37 Shigernafy: "nooo, the infinite slap"
22:36:48 [-GTN-]Doran: "airassassin: Click the 'Update' button above. Then click the 'Play' button above followed by choosing a server to play on. Pressing 'Play' with a server selected will join that server."
22:36:48 [S.W]Coeus: "ummmm....."
* [-GTN-]Doran introduces airassassin to * * * The Manual * * *
22:36:54 [S.W]Coeus: "congradulations?"
22:37:00 [S.W]-fLiPPeR-: "Leet me tell you why."
22:37:08 airassassin: "thank you"

07-17
22:12:28 secretspam: "i have no idea how to play this game"
22:12:28 Crim: "We have this little pouch thing on the couch, and they'll get in it and hide.. Soon as you sit down on the couch, they'll attack you.."
22:12:38 secretspam: "lol"
22:12:42 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "update first"
22:12:46 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): ":)"
22:12:47 secretspam: "i am"
22:12:54 secretspam: "i did "
22:12:58 secretspam: "its done"
22:13:12 JokaZero: "how the hell do i play this"
22:13:16 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "Okay go in Admiral and jump around lol"
22:13:34 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "the J button makes you jump"
22:13:42 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "Space fires weapons "
22:13:55 secretspam: "i dont see admiral"
22:14:09 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "...."
22:14:13 [=WKA=]GothThug(Say No To Mirvs): "press play"
22:14:30 secretspam: "o ok"

07-19
21:18:55 HaHaH's ReIncarnate: "/me atomizes teh duck..."
21:19:09 [FS]Bash: "[-GTN-]Doran: HaHaH's ReIncarnate: Click the 'Update' button above. Then click the 'Play' button above followed by choosing a server to play on. Pressing 'Play' with a server selected will join that server."""
21:19:36 HaHaH's ReIncarnate: "um doran i can already play... 0.o"

07-26
04:30:03 neevwagoes: "hi!"
04:30:11 [-GTN-]kenetiks: "It's so great having the Rogue Splear around"
04:30:11 [Pirate]Jester21: "yeah me 2"
04:30:13 [!!]Tatsumasa: "Lol yall need to learn how to dodge"
04:30:16 [!!]Tatsumasa: "for real"
04:30:18 [!!]Rogue Spear: "good choice jinx"
04:30:23 neevwagoes: "Im new"
04:30:32 [Pirate]MexJinx: "Thanks"
04:30:38 [!!]Rogue Spear: "neev, welcome"
04:30:40 [=WKA=]Riley: "neevwagoes, welcome to DarkSpace! I suggest you get started by taking a look at the Manual."
04:30:40 [!!]Tatsumasa: "heh"
04:30:42 darklazer: "ur new?!?!?!??!??!!?!?!??!!?!?!/"
04:30:42 [=WKA=]Riley: " Before you can play, you need to Update your client. To do this, click on the RED ♦ labeled Update."
04:30:44 [=WKA=]Riley: " Now you're ready to play the game. Click on the RED ♦ labeled Play, newbie.darkspace.net from the list of servers, then click Play again."

07-28
04:42:02 CKG K1NG: "how do i just a fllet"
04:42:04 CKG K1NG: "fleet"
04:42:20 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: "create or join?"
04:42:29 CKG K1NG: "join"
04:42:34 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: ". second you might want to try the game out first."
04:42:37 [-GTN-]Doran: "* Usage: /clan join [clan name:@clan id]"
04:42:40 [-GTN-]Doran: "* Usage: /clan join [clan name:@clan id]"
04:42:40 [-GTN-]Doran: "* Usage: /clan join [clan name:@clan id]"
04:42:44 [-GTN-]Doran: "* Usage: /clan join [clan name:@clan id]"
04:42:54 CKG K1NG: "it wont let me play"
04:43:03 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: "or go to a fleet info page and press the upper corner "join fleet"
04:43:08 [-GTN-]Doran: "CKG K1NG: Click the 'Update' button above. Then click the 'Play' button above followed by choosing a server to play on. Pressing 'Play' with a server selected will join that server."
04:43:18 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: ".. important notice ^ what doran said update."
04:43:30 CKG K1NG: "i already did"
* You whispered to [-GTN-]Doran : "update from latest patch required reboot right ?"
04:45:59 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: "ckg did you reboot your computer when the update asked for it ?"
* [-GTN-]Doran @74648 Sent "not so far as im aware."
* You whispered to [-GTN-]Doran : "im not sjure either if it was beta or this one. one of them required a reboot."
04:47:55 [=WKA=]Eledore[NL]: "wel i think he is of for a reboot. if he comes back anny one willing to help him. becous i gota go get some shut-eye and im already 3 hours late."

thats all of it exept what i am stil generating today.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-28 21:31   
I think doran would win if he bothered to enter....

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-07-29 21:50   
Not really,

"I feel it is the obligation of a staff member to assist new players so this competition will be for the person who is under no obligation to help. So there will be a no staff involvement policy for this competition when it comes to entries. I am looking for people in the community to really step up and help."

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-30 20:53   
Oh well. Event closed i will post a winner later not that there is much point

Email Challenger
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-31 13:18   
I think this competition didn't fair too well as everyone helps someone sometimes, its nothing big, Just a sentence or two, explain a rule or Point them towards the Update button, Its not very hard and people don't make a big fuss about it.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Page created in 0.021608 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR