Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A survey of 3 month in Darkspace - This games main problem are the players
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author A survey of 3 month in Darkspace - This games main problem are the players
Bankai!
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-04 17:22   
yes, you only compare eve and darkspace, and i doubt you have even played that game for very long or at all, darkspace is my 3rd space mmo and it was the first one i have ever been personally attacked/harassed for playing part of the game, i just dont have the budget to play the other two so i'm waiting here :/

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-04 17:28   
in eve Look Up HMSBlueprint youll find me i think ull find ive been playing for a while

-BaronVonVirtunov
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-04 17:54   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:28, HMS Blueprint wrote:
in eve Look Up HMSBlueprint youll find me i think ull find ive been playing for a while

Your opinion remains biased.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-04 17:56   
Virtu - we all know you love EVE so much. Your views could also be called biased - you could say that to anyone.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-04 17:59   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:22, Bankai! wrote:
yes, you only compare eve and darkspace, and i doubt you have even played that game for very long or at all, darkspace is my 3rd space mmo and it was the first one i have ever been personally attacked/harassed for playing part of the game, i just dont have the budget to play the other two so i'm waiting here :/

It probably has to do with the fact that playing that part of the game in excess ruins it.

And that people told you repeatedly that you will probably get called down for it.

So... when you stick your fork in an electrical socket when people tell you not to, you dont have much to complain about.

-Ent

-BaronVonVirtunov
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:04   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:56, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Virtu - we all know you love EVE so much. Your views could also be called biased - you could say that to anyone.

Darkspace has been maintaining the same/losing players since probably 2004. EvE Online has been increasing in players since it went retail in 2003 as of this month. It now has about 330,000 more players than Darkspace does. Facts. Not bias. There's a two year difference maximum between the two games going retail. Calling a four year old game a 'baby' is improper.'

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:13   
first off if eve had any problems like dark space has for the past 5-6 years eve would probably last too lets see I give it a year if that before it would die ... where all the players are trying to say by my opinion is that we have survived this long and it is a triumph that is not easily come by.... eve would not last with the problems dark space currently has... it is due to the dedicated player base alone and the help of all the dev/admin/pale star owner that the game was able to survive ... it is something I have yet to find in any other game and I am very proud to belong this the community because of the struggles we have all endured together and that is something I think is worth fighting to preserve... it roots me deep ... and it is why I even as an inactive player to come back and accessional say hello... please try to realize that dark space is superior to many games in many ways due to what we have all been though as players of dark space over the past 6-7years...

sory if it is messed up but I cannot read right now and am reading blind…

[ This Message was edited by: DarkSpin on 2007-07-04 18:17 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:19   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:19, -BaronVonVirtu2 wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:14, HMS Blueprint wrote:
bankai.. really this game has been going for 6 years you cannot put down a game that has survived that long eve is a kidddy compared to this thats what im saying

Biased.

How is that Biased - He stated that Darkspace has been going longer than EVE

DS is 6 years old - EVE is from 2003.

FACT

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:26   
Fact: Darkspace is and will always better than EVE because of 5 things

1. The ability to control your ship with Arrow Buttons not the mouse

2. The cheapness of Darkspace $9.99 a month vers. $19.99

3. The Community of players and friendly Admins

4. Friend lists (do they have those in Eve?)

5. Friendly Helpful Staff that help newbs (do they have those in eve?)

heh so basically i just listed the good points in Darkspace whereas in EVE i found NONE of those

Email GothThug {C?}
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:33   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 18:26, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:

5. Friendly Helpful Staff that help newbs (do they have those in eve?)

I noticed that.. and hated that.. did the tutorial for a day, played for a week and was bored the whole time.. whats the point of a free trial when the entire trial time you do nothing but sit at the computer and stare into boredom?

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:41   
this game used to be fun but people have ruined it

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-04 19:10   
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Actually, you'll find that sportsmanship is a rare thing to find on the internets. People'll always do whatever to acquire the most points, since the consequences of most actions don't reflect negatively on their actual in-game stats. Of course, their real prestige suffers a slight blow from a minority of players that believe sportsmanship is a requisite, but their in-game prestige just goes up, and that's all that counts, right?

An example is when players enter the Newbie Server, full upgrade their ships and pick off the hapless newcomers. I'll be fair enough to admit I've done it a few times as well when I was bored, though as I like arguing in my favor, I'll say I didn't always start as aggressor and just liked tanking fire that couldn't pierce shielding or armor.

Moving on.

It also doesn't help that being a bad sport is too easily attained in the game, at present. Of course, a new version could bring about better times, but at present, once you gather a large enough force, you could just Wormhole into another Faction's Home System, strip all planets of their buildings and citizens and colonize them in the name of love, peace and prest-- er, justice.

To say you should leave the game because of bad sports? Eh, the only thing I didn't much enjoy was drifting about space solo because no one else was on, but I figured, logging off'd generate the same problem for others logging in. I stopped logging in a fair amount after I lost my demo subscription and after I gained Pokémon Crystal, but eh. All's fair, right?

Anyway, it seems my thoughts become bejumbled and incoherent at this point, and I fully blame the fact I have an Eevee to turn into an Espeon. Now with those words of unequalled wisdom (or folly), I will leave for now.

Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2007-07-04 19:54   
people suck here because there is not enough. when there are a lot of people online, they kick the %@&%@$^^ out of eachother in amazing "glorious" fleet battles. i've never had such an awesome experience in any game than being part of such campaigns in the MV!

unfortunately, like i said again, people suck because there are not enough anymore to have campaigns. they can offensive/defensive, and sometimes they turn and switch!! or go crazy directions. MV campaigns are awesome

Goto the website of Paranius Starsplitter
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-07-05 00:08   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 17:22, Bankai! wrote:
darkspace is my 3rd space mmo and it was the first one i have ever been personally attacked/harassed for playing part of the game,

On EvE we get worse. Death threats, oaths to murder your families and dogs. It's awesome!

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-07-05 01:10   
Quote:

On 2007-07-05 01:07, Reeves-81 wrote:
L8r, I havent even played in a couple months due to the afore mentioned things, as awell as the fact that this game is only MMORPG cause they think it is, lol. theres never very many people on, and when there is you get massive lag, desyncs, and ultimatly die because of it. I'm done with it....... The BS and straight out lies from F and the admins/mods dont help either. Dont bother flaming me i wont be checking back on this thread. Ive gone back to Aces High II a true MMORPG, with a great player base, and a built in voice server.

when did they lie? anyways, advertising for a dif game is baaad...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022749 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR