No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +10.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » GCQL 2.0 suggestions and bugs thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author GCQL 2.0 suggestions and bugs thread
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-07-02 12:04   
how about a submit button for screenshots be it for the art section or a report on something.
when submitting something you user name and code are attatched to it so abuse of this feature can be dealt with swiftly.

some code to resize a picture automaticly would be nice as well.

my 5 cent now gimme my 3 cents change...

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-02 14:20   
@Axianda
::This would be a website feature, and nothing to do with GCQL.

@Tommas
::To allow GCQL to use Gecko (The Firefox engine), we'd need to ship the Gecko engine with GCQL, which would enlarge its size quite a lot. We want to keep GCQL as small as possible, and the Gecko engine has no benefits over Trinity (the IE engine) for what we need.

Just a reminder: GCQL-only thing folks - thanks.

Website and Game issues can be posted in their specific threads when they're put up.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-07-02 14:23 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-07-02 15:35   
Quote:

On 2007-07-02 14:20, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
@Axianda
::This would be a website feature, and nothing to do with GCQL.

then for the GCQL a button that links to the website damnit

perhaps when you rightclick a person in the Room members list a report option appears filling in the info like username ID and location for you and you only need to put in the said offence.

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-02 15:39   
Again - website. Pointless me pushing the ID of a person into a URL and just making it 404. You need to talk to Shig (or bish at Faustus to get my website access!).

GCQL is ONLY the chat interface - it is not the website. I can push UID's or such into web forms, if the web form is there waiting for me to push stuff into it. Without it, I cannot do anything. I also can't do anything because I have no access to the website, but I do have access to GCQL, Medusa and DarkSpace - hence why this is for GCQL only suggestions.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-07-02 15:42 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-04 12:43   
Cannot change name at all, Says all Characters tried are Illegal and then Crashes.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-04 12:59   
Thanks - forgot to put that one in under bugs...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-04 18:52   
Okay, I have an idea to revamp the Friend's list. Mind you, it may not work and Jack can say simply whether or not it can be.

Anyways, the Friends list business is a great tool, but its too.. limited I suppose.

So here's an idea. Basically, allow the creation of groups, which are quite apart from Fleets.

Essentially, they could be created by a person(s) (up for debate), possibly approved by the staff if neccessary. People could then be invited/could join these groups at will.

A person can belong up to a number of these groups, decision based on popularity there.

These groups would act like friends chat does now, but it would act more like a seperate chat of its own. Possibly a window for it itself. Somewhat like a seperate room, where the creators of that group have power over, and the individual members having their own differing powers (such as ignoring, etc.).

Like I said, Im not sure if its possible or if it would be a headache to do, and it certainly isnt high on the neccessary useful list. I simply think it would be an improved way of people to get together to chat apart from the lobby without needing to all join a fleet.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-04 19:11   
It would be a headache todo, and to be honest, it would basicly be like having seperate fleets. I can see why it might be nice to have, but I can see no real benefit to having it - especially with the limited playerbase we have.

Perhaps something for the future.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-04 23:38   
How about, as a simple implementation issue, having the ability to be in different rooms at the same time, in different windows (or not, but with a preface on each message saying what room its from).

Access could then be determined by knowing the password, and the creator could then give it to whomever s/he pleased - thus making it as open or closed an access system as pleased (or have it public and then totally democratic).

Thus, I could have my name in DS - English, Developer Chat, Mod Chat, The Rogue Spear Glee Club, and Flipper's House of Pancakes and could get messages from all of them, just like getting different chat messages now (ie, modtalk, send f, send c, room).

There could be a new tab in Options to subscribe to permanent channels, just a scrolling list with checkboxes. Permanance could either be granted via explicit after-the-fact staff approval, a timer of use (ie, occupied nonstop for 48 hours -> permanent), or a checkbox with the ability to revoke later (ie, staff oversight but initial trust). Users just check the ones they want access too, entering a password as appropriate (so maybe something like:
[ ] Channel Name [box for password, if required, otherwise greyed out]
[ ] Channel Name []
etc)

That'd be my suggestion for how to simplify things.

It might require some database changes though.

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-05 02:36   
Quote:

On 2007-07-04 23:38, Shigernafy wrote:

It might require some database changes though.

More than likely. Something of this magnitude would require F's input, since I don't have access to the database, or such, and I'm still learning.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-07-05 18:54   
I like Shig's idea more anyways.

-Ent

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-09 00:08   
Can we have a Fleet Profile button?

Like the Profile one, Except it takes us to the Fleet Profile with the member lists and all. Easier for Fleet Members to see who is there and for Fleet Admin to do Administrative stuffs.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-07-09 04:28   
Quote:

On 2007-07-09 00:08, Little Pet Slinki wrote:
Can we have a Fleet Profile button?

Like the Profile one, Except it takes us to the Fleet Profile with the member lists and all. Easier for Fleet Members to see who is there and for Fleet Admin to do Administrative stuffs.

Fleet, top left of the website?

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-07-09 04:28 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-07-22 13:00   
When trying to log into the new chat program I get the following error report generated...

07/22/07 12:58:28 : nBytes > MAX_ALLOCATION, File: ProjectsPalestarMedusaStandardHeap.cpp, Line: 54

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-07-22 17:02   
Didn't see there anywhere already, but

local timestamp for echo'd chat (ie, your chat only) is 5 minutes in the future.

Everyone else sees it properly, and you see everyone else's chat properly, but anything you say in your local client is shown with a timestamp of 5 minutes in the future.

Also reported in mantis.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019991 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR