No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » scraping
 Author scraping
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-12 12:07   
Thougt id make a tread about scraping of planets. The reason because i do it is that many ppl getting tired of bombing an planet just to see it gets flattended by scrapping.

The only thing this encourage is actuly to start mirving.

Anyways the point is that when a planet is under sige, you shouldnt be able to build nor scrap on it. This will then make it imposible to scrap planets etc when they getting bombed/invaded.

Or the secund solution is to make a bigger pres loss when scrapping planets thats under sige. Lilke 20-30 pres per planet or more? only takes 1-3 structures to make the planet bad again...who knows...

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-12 14:23   
I think I'd second some kind of limitation/disadvantage to scrapping when a planet is being attacked. It's depressing to capture an ICC planet to find that, in the last moments, someone scrapped the shields and dictor and turned off all the domes/colony bases/farms. You know they're just setting it up so they can come and mirv once you've gone, negating the penalty they suffer for scrapping three buildings.

I'd suggest that you can't scrap/activate/deactivate buildings unless you're in orbit, perhaps. Just like building the things in the first place requires you to be nearby.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-06-12 16:55   
You lose prestige when scrapping.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-12 18:25   
Quote:

On 2007-06-12 14:23, Gejaheline wrote:
...You know they're just setting it up so they can come and mirv once you've gone, negating the penalty they suffer for scrapping three buildings.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-12 19:12   
Probably should just enable ships with builds to scrap again...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-13 00:58   
For one its a pretty solid tactic.. you should practice it.

Secondly, I think only ships with builds should be able to do it...

And thirdly, I dont think preventing ships from building a planet under siege is wise.

-Ent

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:15   
Quote:

On 2007-06-13 00:58, Enterprise wrote:
For one its a pretty solid tactic.. you should practice it.

Secondly, I think only ships with builds should be able to do it...

And thirdly, I dont think preventing ships from building a planet under siege is wise.

-Ent

I agree here. The only thing I could think of suggesting is perhaps only allowing ships with builds anywhere in the system under attack to scrap the buildings. It would help influence people to go defend and to take more then just one ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2007-06-13 10:47 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:38   
only scrap in orbit of the planet?

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-15 06:03   
Don't forget about deactivating.
If all domes, genarators and a hub on the planet are deacitvated,
It's easy to mirv/psm the planet.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-15 06:05   
Quote:

On 2007-06-15 06:03, Lithium wrote:
Don't forget about deactivating.
If all domes, genarators and a hub on the planet are deacitvated,
It's easy to mirv/psm the planet.

I think this is the reason we reverted back last time - lots of complaining about this...

Not sure how to go about it.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-15 18:07   
Maybe make scrapping independant to the other buttons? So, scrapping would need the actual engineer ship to do it, while activations and such can be done from anywhere. It's like having the tools to scrap it, and communicating to the ones on the planet operating the structure to enable its use.

Or make scrapping timed like building it is. While being in an egineer is instant scrap.

Iunno, few ideas.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-16 11:31   
require having to be in orbit of the planet with an engineering ship to scrap. Because forcing ppl to use engineering ships to scrap still allows scraping when your halway across the system. Which again leaves ruined planets.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-16 13:44   
Quote:

On 2007-06-16 11:31, doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) wrote:
require having to be in orbit of the planet with an engineering ship to scrap. Because forcing ppl to use engineering ships to scrap still allows scraping when your halway across the system. Which again leaves ruined planets.

If it were me, I wouldn't want my enemy to have a fully functional planet.. would you want your enemy to?

Sorry if my planet is going down, I'd like to make sure its easy to capture back.

Personally, I see deactivating/scrapping as perfectly good ways of pissing off your enemy with a damn good tactic that they probably wish they'd though of first. And I think needing an engy to do either is silly.

Because even if it were so, I can still see dedicated people in engy ships sneaking up on just bombed planets, orbiting, deactivating neccessary structures, and jumping out.

-Ent

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-16 17:46   
If I recall, annoying people is not the aim of the game.

And scrapping to make a planet easy to mirv to death after its capture is, in my opinion, very similar to simply sabotaging a planet and changing team to bomb it, except conditions are convenient enough to allow you to do it without having to change team before exploiting said sabotage.

I wouldn't object to having engineers attempt to get into orbit and scrap shields/whatever. It would be difficult to pull off and could be stopped by a reasonably dedicated attack force. It's not scrapping per se that I object to, since it is and has been a tried and tested tactic for centuries, but the fact that any online player anywhere in the universe can carry it out, making it impossible to prevent.

While scrapping from the other side of the universe and then mirving the sabotaged planet is akin to free prestige gain, I feel that if you managed to get an engineer into orbit of the planet whilst being shot at and scrap the facilities, you've actually had to work for the right to bomb your own planet.

No, I don't support this tactic, but I recognise that it is somewhat valid and therefore should be given an appropriate work-to-prestige ratio.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-17 09:45   
This is a game - not real word war.

Scrapping is just a way of pissing off your enemy, and I support it - to an extent.

Scrapping SY's, power gens. and biodomes just because you want to completely RUIN the planet is bad.

If it becomes such a problem in 1.484, we could just make it so planets under blockade cannot be scrapped, or have any of their structures deactivated.

So next time you want to remove 50% of the structures on a planet - try and remember that it's a game, and not real world war.

Page created in 0.022710 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR