No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +16.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [EVENT CLOSED] WKA 3rd Competition
 Author [EVENT CLOSED] WKA 3rd Competition
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-12 08:25   
3rd WKA competition.

Competition date: Now – Tuesday June 19th 2007 9:00 AM EST
Prize:
3rd place 3 million credits.
2nd place 6 million credits.
1st place 10 Million credits.

ALL are welcome to play. This includes staff as well. Absolutely no one has the advantage in this competition. The answer will be safely stored and will not be handed out.

There are no rules, except what is listed in the description. Just try to stick to the content of the competition.

This event will be helping Darkspace as well as your credits stores. Because it is more work I will increase the prize amount. Here is the task that is set before you Nat has posted in the forum earlier that he is looking for people to help him with sound clips. I am here to say that we are going to form a competition on this. We are looking for sound clips for weapons only. If you are not sure what a weapon is or isn’t the just post and ask. Like Nat has posted before the sound clips are not to come from games that are being used now please try to make up the sounds on your own. If you need help with web hosting the sound clips then just ask here in the forum I am sure someone or I will offer to help. You are allowed to have as many entries as you want. The competition will run for a week so get in here and post some sounds. Good luck and have fun.

3rd place will be handed out no matter how many entries there are.
2nd place will require 15 entries. (Players entered into the competition not actual sound clip entries.)
1st place will require 25 entries. (Players entered into the competition not actual sound clip entries.)

Also please keep all the unnecessary post reply chatter to a minimum as this will make my job a little easier in the end when trying to view them all. Good luck with the competition and if there are any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

I am always accepting donations both in credit form in Darkspace and in money form from donations made to Paypal. You can sent the Paypal payment to me though our website link or directly at my email address challengerds@gmail.com

100% of the donations made will go towards the Darkspace competition and for accountability purposes if any donations are made I will post the donator and the amount on our website. I will not post their names upon request.

-WKA Team

Edited: I would ask anyone that has already submitted sould clips to Nat also please post the links to the clips here.

[ This Message was edited by: Challenger on 2007-06-19 07:25 ]

Email Challenger
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-12 08:43   
Feel free to use the DSFTP.

If you don't have an FTP program, just download this, and open it on your desktop.

Login details:
Username : dsftp@jack-online.co.uk
Password : dsftp

Just hit enter, and it should open up as a folder (much like it was on your own PC).

You'll see a "Sound competition" folder. Upload the file there, and post the link to it here (You can find the link @ http://www.jack-online.co.uk/dsftp/sound_competition )

[small][ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-12 08:47 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-12 08:49 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-12 09:21   
Thank you Jack. After you upload the sound clips please dont forget to post the links to them.

Also ill add this to the original post but I would ask anyone that has already submitted sould clips to Nat also please post the links to them here.

Email Challenger
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-15 13:47   
Well this kinda stinks. Serious lack of involvement here.

Someone mind pointing out the problem here so i can fix it. This isnt a hard thing to accomplish it only takes about 10 minutes to come up with something and it will be used to help out Darkspace.

Email Challenger
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-15 14:09   
I can do something once i get off me lazy arse..

Email Supertrooper
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-15 14:15   
dude this is so right up my alley. I have no time to work on it until Saturday 6-15, but I will post a few. What is the weapon and how long should each clip be? do you want static sounds, ie sounds that remain the same during the duration of weapon firng? Or dynamic sounds, ie sounds that morph or whatever? i can give you more than you will ever have use for.

Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-15 19:21   
Quote:

On 2007-06-15 14:15, .spaivxx. wrote:
dude this is so right up my alley. I have no time to work on it until Saturday 6-15, but I will post a few. What is the weapon and how long should each clip be? do you want static sounds, ie sounds that remain the same during the duration of weapon firng? Or dynamic sounds, ie sounds that morph or whatever? i can give you more than you will ever have use for.

You can choose to make specific sounds for any weapon you wish, and they can be static or morph its yor choice. Most weapon sonds are about a half second long for instant weapons aka projectiles. For beam weapons yo can make it a couple of seconds because it can always be compressed down.
Captain Siphon Australis

Page created in 0.010943 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR