Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mirving is therapy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Mirving is therapy
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-09 23:40   
I do not understand the way so called vets feel about bombing. It is a very important element of the game and should be embraced by the DS players. Would someone please tell me why, because a few unskilled vets can't learn how to bomb, why bombing is considered wrong??

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:21   
Alright, I've tolerated this crap before. I've mostly held my tongue on the issue, I hope. But that crosses the line. Defending rampant MiRVing was one thing, calling my friends unskilled because they do are opposed to the practice... that's it. Do you know "why" the vets tend to be right about how the game should be? Do you know "why" the devs are listening to the vets? Consider this. Your generation of mirv-heads is numbered... twenty? Thirty? Our time was populated by far more people who were, I'd wager, far more intelligent or at the very least far better in general. They could enjoy any aspect of the game, and it drew new people, people who stayed until this version. Now people come, and then they summarily leave.

xTx, you did not experience the times we speak of. You can only look at them as our words and our anger at your time. From our words alone you should have understood the deficiency you call "playable". But you have chosen to remain ignorant and furthermore to carry aloft your limited knowledge as superior to what we know. I'm not calling us smarter, which we may be; I'm saying that you simply do not know what you are talking about because you weren't there.

As far as bombing goes. The reason we detest it in it's present form is because it allows ONE PLAYER to destroy in MINUTES what took a GROUP HOURS to capture, build, and defend. It allows one player to gain a massive amount of prestige easily. I've been a Vice Admiral for years, mostly because I haven't really played in years, and when I did my computer froze in major fights. But I'm very proud of the limited prestige I've earned. To see some new guy run in, laughing and bombing indiscriminately, and see him rise above me in rank because of it? That's wrong and indignifying. Bombing used to be a group affair, with whole fleets dedicated to the task of slowly wearing down a planets defenses and eventually wiping it out to be captured. It was hard, and those who had gold bomber badges in those days earned them.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-06-10 00:26 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:22   
Unskilled? I've been you in two duels, both of which you tried to run away from.. Said you'd show everyone I was worthless, then you got yourself whooped up on..

And your not realy a good pilot yourself, so I guess you shouldnt realy talk. You ask why Bombing is hated? It's not, Bombing in General is a rather fun thing to do. But your style of bombing, the whole 'Mirv this and that and choose not to rebuild, then I can rise in ranks. Go back to mirving planets when everyone is asleep. We'll have fun with you in .484, where you'll find out what skill realy is.

+1 for Sard.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-06-10 00:34 ]

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:28   
holy CRAP! T, i really do hope they have a bombing prestige reset because you'd be the first MIRV WHORE IN DARKSPACE HISTORY TO GET BUMPED OFF! due to the DISRESPECT AND THE HARRASSMENT I HAVE SEEN YOU give everyone else in here and you go on and hit on Lark and Tarnekep you SIR are a filthy slimey pig! and i hope you never come back after 484 is released because you sir are retarded and stupid!

on the account that mirving is therapy!?!? FOR WHO!? you? boy plz mirving is destructive and construction actually takes skill mirving does not!

im gonna laugh at EVERY single one of you mirv whores after 484 because all yer skill in this version is gonna mean SQUAT! Have fun guys....because the days of sniffing the dirt are over in 484

Players like you give kluth a bad name T I SPIT on you and the rest of the mirv brats such as you....

Email GothThug {C?}
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:35   
OH LAWD, xTx shares his wisdom with us?

Also:

You're an idiot.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:36   
Amen $ythe XD

Email GothThug {C?}
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:36   
Sonic is so going to jail for that.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:38   
I might add T that calling people THAT I RESPECT unskilled Vets because they dont wanna fight you when you're being a mirv whore.....i take strong offense to that....being a 480 vet myself i think you should take the time and talk to us instead of going on mirv rampages whenever you feel like it you immature grand mirvwhoring admiral ugh

Email GothThug {C?}
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:41   
Quote:

On 2007-06-10 00:35, $yTHe {Ret.} wrote:
OH LAWD, xTx shares his wisdom with us?

Also:

You're an idiot.

omg i love you sythe. XD

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-10 00:42   
I wasnt gonna post but..

Lawlz Sythe. =D

-Ent

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-06-10 04:16   
So basically you're admitting that you need psychological help, and instead of seeking it professionally you take it out in a multiplayer environment to make yourself feel better...

GJ!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-10 04:22   
Coeus won.
He won everything

NinjaGinga
Captain

Posted: 2007-06-10 04:40   
you gotta admit, all raise a good point but you look at the profiles of the people who defend mirving and their bombing pres is all they got their high rank cus theyve leveled mv a couple of times, a bit of combat when defin themselves but thats it.

i aint been round long on ds but i try only to neut cus i prefer not to have to build the planet bk and plus icc put like 3 shields on and nuets just go thru anyway, i dont want bombing taken off but mirvs taken off and replaces with like an emp bomb havin 2 of them and 2 neuts to kill the inf and to disable buildings would be better than neuts and mirv combo

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-10 04:45   
yeah but you know redemption it aint happenin til 484 and its players like xTx that make me not wanna play this game anymore because of how he plays, its disgusting how a player like him isnt punished for exploiting this bug because he thinks its "therapy" my god man....im soooo gonna laugh when his skillz count for nothing next patch....

im giving this game another chance, starting monday, and i want the mirving toned down or ZILCH or im dropping the sub and leaving for another few months until the drama has settled...

This is Rediculous (SP) i really though T had changed guess i was wrong

Email GothThug {C?}
Captain Splendid
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-10 05:15   
While I'd agree the voicing of opinions here is very much warranted, you all just be careful not to do anything to get yourselves banned.

And I don't mean that in an "I'm looking down on you as I say this" way, cause it ain't.

[ This Message was edited by: The Soothsayer on 2007-06-10 05:18 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024930 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR