Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Great Game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author A Great Game
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:17   
I said we detest the things that xTx likes with the game. All I'm stating is that we have different interests, and that DarkSpace will be following a different path from now on. He (and anyone who likes the bombing part of DS as it is now, and other little exploits/bugs) will have to adapt.

There's nothing "flamable" about it.

Why don't you go learn what the word means first, Blueprint, before you bring your mighty wisdom to the table, hm?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:24   
You had the best Idea EVER Jack.

Make a Bombing Simulator, and send the idiots over there.

Email Supertrooper
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:46   
Well Jack. Either way I just try to enjoy the game however it is played. But to be honest, i'm fully convinced that 1.484 will never come out within my lifetime. So either way, this thread is pointless.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:53   
Quote:

On 2007-06-06 11:46, SANITY ASSASSIN (FA) wrote:
Well Jack. Either way I just try to enjoy the game however it is played. But to be honest, i'm fully convinced that 1.484 will never come out within my lifetime. So either way, this thread is pointless.

What I'm seeing says otherwise.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:54   
I don't know jack...he could be pretty old... =P

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:05   
Yeah, .484 wont ever come out.

Great attitude there, bud.

From what I know, S'pose to be a new beta released soon, hopefuly the 16th.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-06-06 12:11 ]

Email Supertrooper
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:10   
Feh! FEH I SAY! I certainly look forward to 1.484 coming out, and I certainly look forward to losing some people, because once word gets out- that Darkspace is Darkspace again- you're going to see such an influx of the older crowd, the jive cats of past versions, that you won't miss those who've left. So many new people hear vets talking about good old days, and they don't fully grasp just how fun it used to be, and how brilliant the lboby was. I'd say that some of the best conversations I'd ever been party to took place in the 1.480 lobby. If even half of those players come back... bright prospects ahead.

And SA- some of us waited over a year and a half for 1.481. Some fell off the boat, but it came to harbor either way. Patience.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-06-06 12:10 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:58   
484 will bring combat back to its potential FUN AND INTENSE! not this piddly crap we've been getting and a full alpha kills you in 2 hits or less :| come on...once 484 comes out it'll be fun for us....not fun for you and yes im talking to you mirv brats that love to ruin the game for us

Email GothThug {C?}
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-06 13:08   
Quote:

On 2007-06-06 12:58, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:
not fun for you and yes im talking to you mirv brats that love to ruin the game for us

Goth, i have quite a few screen shots of you mirving planets with no def, after you whined about mirvers.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-06 13:34   
I see a lot of complaining going on so I would like to add this. This game is more to a lot of the Vets then just the game itself. It is about the community. If this game is really as horrible as some people make it out to be then why are we all still here? Yes a lot of people have left but oh well they are in it for only the game play apparently. Or is it that there has been so much complaining that they left because of the negativity coming from the people who honestly have no clue what it is like to be in a community only play a game to gain your points and bring other people down. Who knows, but what I have to say is this. Yes the vets want to see a lot changed that is because we know where this game came from and it’s potential. You newer people should respect that as we are the ones who year after year dedicated our time, money, friendship, and yes SUGGESTIONS to attempt to make this game what it was, became, and what it will be.

As far as Jack goes. I greatly appreciate his work and dedication to this community and game. Yes he may have a big head at times but he has done more work then all of you people who complain about the game. When he says that the patch is coming out then bet you’re a$$ that it will. Just because Faustus isn’t here everyday to tell you all that the patch is coming doesn’t mean you have to shoot others down when they say that it is coming. Especially someone who is actively working with the staff in turning this game around. Thank you Jack.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions I suppose so that is mine, one of those Vets who want to see things change. Still love you all though even the ones who exploit the game play by finding the easiest way to get your points

Email Challenger
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-06-06 13:43   
im not gona read all the reply's if it is already said than forgive me.
o and i do not intend to flame the SY.

Quote:
On 2007-06-05 23:20, xTx wrote:
who cares? play the game. I will say one thing, the reason most people are no longer playing is because of the safe zones, when they were brought in most people left.

safe zones have existed from way back.
the real problem is actualy the shipyard.
with no shipyard you are forced to take out small ships and if there are enemy's present hell your gona have a long time taking back your own home system.
mostly until there all gone or you give up.

people don't like playing a game where the got no chance from the start.
so the ask for some little safe zone in the game. heck other games use them.
whats wrong with that.
If you actualy think no planet needs to be inside the safe-zone than go and ask for the removal of the shipyard.
[wil never hapen but it wil make him whine about somthing else]

(O yes and in the past the home gates had 1k a safe zone to prevent it from beying mined and camped.)

484 is comming. people say it wil never come but its like 481 beta all over again.
talk about it, flame about it, read about it. but in the end it wil come.
just waith and live with it.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] //PSYCHO\\ on 2007-06-06 13:47 ]

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-07 12:04   
Quote:

On 2007-06-06 12:05, Crim wrote:
Yeah, .484 wont ever come out.

Great attitude there, bud.

From what I know, S'pose to be a new beta released soon, hopefuly the 16th.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-06-06 12:11 ]

DS will come out, just in two weeks™ In the mean time I recommend finding another game to entertain yourself if you don't like how ds is going atm. So when you come back you can go like WOAH OMG THESE BEGGGG SHIPS PWN!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) on 2007-06-07 12:04 ]

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-08 00:27   

U know what I find funny about this post?

The fact that when I was playing the original poster was one of the worst mirvers in the game.

Also I can see that nothing has changed when it comes to some people and how they look down on others, you say people left DS because of .483 well I know a few that have left because they don't like the way some people talk down to others.

As for the so called vets making all the calls or at least trying to make all the calls as to the direction the game is going to go in, it would be nice for the game to go in any direction cause the way things are going the only people that will be left playing soon is the so called vets.

Now I know there wil be some people that would like that but the thing is this game needs more active players, a lot more active players cause in all truth who wants to play a game that has 10 people playing? Old games like Allied Assault have more people online on the player owned servers than this game does.

I think i read some place that the resourcer has been fixed now?, and what ever happened to the Open or closed Beta testing that was supposed to happen at Xmas time 2006? You see people are wanting to see some sort of action ow instead of the continued endless promises of things that have just never happened and I am starting to believe that they never will happen.

I must say though that I take my hat off to those people who have continued to pay for this badly broken game and that also continue to try to argue for all the positives of this game. However I can't help but wonder just how much more these people are going to take before they also start to get feed-up with the tactics of the powers that be in this game...

Goth I see you are still having your rants, and I guess that is something that will just never change.

Good luck with the 484 patch I think it is going to need all the luck it can get.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-08 01:08   
You know what's funny about this post?

The whole post. It's hilarious. Seriously, my stomach hurts from how hard I'm laughing right now.

-Dem

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-08 06:21   
Quote:

On 2007-06-08 01:08, Demorian wrote:
You know what's funny about this post?

The whole post. It's hilarious. Seriously, my stomach hurts from how hard I'm laughing right now.

-Dem

Me aswell... ..... why do i bother reading these posts?

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021079 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR