Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Great Game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author A Great Game
xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-05 23:20   
Darkspace is one of the best games on the net today, even with all its faults. The biggest problem with DS is its so called vets who whine and cry everytime someone kills them and immediatly ask a dev to change something so they wont die the same way again. The sad part is the devs listen to them and the result is a dumbed down game that is getting boring for everyone to play. I think we should do battle in DS with all its faults, mirving, EDs, pickets and super scouts, who cares? play the game. I will say one thing, the reason most people are no longer playing is because of the safe zones, when they were brought in most people left.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-06-05 23:34   
xTx, people left when .483 was released....it was an unfinished beta that was not near worthy of being played, let alone released. and i am gonna be nice about it, people like Jack, Enterprise, Coeus, Crim, and many others are gonna smash you because you posted this....fair warning.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-05 23:55   
Quote:

On 2007-06-05 23:20, xTx wrote:
Darkspace is one of the best games on the net today, even with all its faults. The biggest problem with DS is its so called vets who whine and cry everytime someone kills them and immediatly ask a dev to change something so they wont die the same way again. The sad part is the devs listen to them and the result is a dumbed down game that is getting boring for everyone to play. I think we should do battle in DS with all its faults, mirving, EDs, pickets and super scouts, who cares? play the game. I will say one thing, the reason most people are no longer playing is because of the safe zones, when they were brought in most people left.

Alright, xTx..

The 'vets' in this game are probably the only logical people left in this game to help the development, because they know what Darkspace was ment to be, and know how certain parts of the game should work.

Why do they complain about bugs? Because their tired of their game, yes the game they've played for five to six years, has finaly become one of the buggiest ones out there. You'd understand if you had an IQ above 10, but that's rather hard for you there.

Try looking at it from their point of view, where you've played a game for years without a problem, and all the sudden it crashes and burns. How would you feel? And of course you'll come back with 'I'll play it no matter what!' ordeal, but that's a load of crap. When a Vet talks to a Dev about the game, it isnt because they want it changed so they can dominate everyone, they want it changed for the better of the game.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2007-06-06 00:10 ]

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-06 00:26   
T, I've told you once and i'll tell you again, STOP THE WHINING ABOUT SAFE ZONES ALREADY! my god everytime a mod or admin trys to make this freaking patch better you down them and say people are leaving because of safe zones, im quite happy with having a place to mod and spawn a ship from....atleast Crim and leonide have a point in this post lol and they are tryin to help the community not put it down

As for you my Fine kluthy friend you are trying degrade us and put us down because its not working the way you damn mirv whores think it should...that being said i've thrown in my 2 cents and i think you need to shut up in the chat room and listen to what people have to say....im sick and tired of walking into drama and chaos when i come in here too talk to people about other stuff lol...i have ignored you and everyone else has too because their sick of yer inane chatter.. this should be locked because this is Ludicris and Rediculous for people to try to get it through yer thick damn skull....

End this crap now

Email GothThug {C?}
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-06 01:12   
i find it funny that you just complained about mirving xTx.

buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-06 01:50   
goth shh how the luth ever going to take the mv over when safe zones are there i mean theres no reason for us to even try

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 02:05   
hmm i see this getting locked, but all i gotta say before it does is yall stop bickering

Email Borgie
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 02:51   
Not exactly bickering, more or less trying to explain to xTx that Vet's arent complaining so they can get some kind of uperhand, their complaining so the Dev's can get the point..

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-06 03:05   
Me and Draf have gone over this 100 times with you xTx.

We're not retarding the game any further to follow your pet likes. Funnily enough, we do know what we're doing, and this isn't just some slap and dash thing.

This is NOT a bombing simulator. No matter what you may think in your personal opinion, or want, this is not the way the game is meant to be played, and we will be changed it.

No amount of whining by you (which is exactly what you're doing, so your basicly being a hypocryte), or anyone else, is going to make us keep bombing as it is, nor the glaring balacing problems.

Since you don't seem to be getting this, I'm going to say this one more time, rather bluntly.

We (the dev team), don't agree with your opinion on this particular thing. You've told us several times, and we've told you several times, no.

Stop bringing it up, there's little point. We will not be retarding the game anymore just so you can play the way you want to play.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-06 14:20 ]

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 03:18   
mmm, Darkspace was great i agree, i miss it.
but it will never be what it was and should of been

goodluck to u all who play still. and goodluck to whoever the Devs are on trying to get this game back on track in any way.

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2007-06-06 03:21 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-06 03:32   
Quote:

On 2007-06-06 03:18, g0ds s0ldier wrote:
mmm, Darkspace was great i agree, i miss it.
but it will never be what it was and should of been

goodluck to u all who play still. and goodluck to whoever the Devs are on trying to get this game back on track in any way.

Ho' damn, it's GS. Thanks for the thanks, we're certainly trying.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-06 04:32   
DS WAS a great game,
It can be again,
we sit on the side lines with fingers crossed.
PS. Thanks to those that are still trying, i havent got the patience.
What i will add is trust the VETS, they were there when it was a great game.
If Beta works, ill through in my $8.99 worth again.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-06 10:01   
I fully agree with xTx. Keep the game the way it is. If anything is to be fixed, its the ammount of servers, ( ya i know DS cant afford it, im not dumb, so bump the price up to 12-13 bucks a month). Hell, many people have left to Eve, thats almost 16 a month, so why cant DS be 14...a lil more money from everyone, and more servers possibly. Problem solved, stop being a bunch of cheapo whiners. Get jobs.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-06 10:11   
Quote:

On 2007-06-06 10:01, SANITY ASSASSIN (FA) wrote:
I fully agree with xTx. Keep the game the way it is. If anything is to be fixed, its the ammount of servers, ( ya i know DS cant afford it, im not dumb, so bump the price up to 12-13 bucks a month). Hell, many people have left to Eve, thats almost 16 a month, so why cant DS be 14...a lil more money from everyone, and more servers possibly. Problem solved, stop being a bunch of cheapo whiners. Get jobs.

What you said made little sence. Anyone who agree's with what xTx says is going to hate 1.484 (which in a way is good, because we detest the way 1.483 is at the moment, and specificly the bits that xTx likes). It's inevitable that we're going to lose players to 1.484, but we will gain far more in their place. You may think what I'm saying won't happen, but we know from past experiences that players will come back, not for the bombing simulation, but for the combat.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-06 10:25 ]

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-06 10:25   
jack said : and specificly the bits that xTx likes). --- not such a good idea flaming a player when ur a devvv...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026253 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR