Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » For those who are wondering what EBM is
 Author For those who are wondering what EBM is
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-04 19:12   
EBM=Electronic Body Music Founded by Frontline assembly Frontman Bill Leeb and continued on with Front 242 it pioneered a new generation of Industrial music....

Following EBM was Future pop and Terror EBM and gave birth to the following bands

Junkie XL
Ministry
Black Sun Empire
Combichrist
other bands

Email GothThug {C?}
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-06-04 19:30   
We werent wondering...

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-04 19:52   
lol

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 03:34   
Well that's good to know.

For a moment I feared it was Evil Braggart Monsters, who make you feel bad and annoyed because of their accomplishments. Or Evil Body Mashers, who smash you into a paste, and enjoy it. Or Evil Blinking Midgets, who.. well, are creepy.
Then I thought that it could be an Evaluative Bracketing Metric, used to determine color balance, focal distance, and the like on the newest digital cameras.
The thought also crossed my mind that it could be an Expedited Bus Mechanic, who can fix up your broken mass transit in a hurry, with house calls.
I also worried you could be referring to Evidence of Ballistic Missiles - perhaps Iran was about to attack us, and I hadn't heard about it! Imagine the destruction!

Luckily, its only electronic body music. Thank God - especially if you're an Evangelical Bible Missionary.

Email Shigernafy
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-05 05:19   
Your gravely wrong goth.

1> Frontline is not EBM, and leeb would probably peel your face off if he heard you say that. trust me, ive had conversations with him.

2> If your gonna give anyone any credit, dont giv it to an EBM doosh, they are not even bands, just some moron with a synth board, a few keyboards, and a dumb MAC.

3> Frontline is reffered to as "Industrial" and they are not the grandfathers of it, but close. Give Skinny Puppy that credit, and then MINISTRY, then, maybe, frontline.

4> Skinny Puppy pretty much started the use of samples in their music, drum machines on a large scale, and experimenting on equiptment to make new sound for music, yet the real grandfathers of "music experimentation" would be Pink Floyd. And if you ever talked to Oghr or Cevin Key, they would say that Pink Floyd is the founder of modern "electronic, Industrial, EBM, what have you" to this day.

5> I know this from doing sound work at a few venus here in Pittsburgh, Spinning music at the city goth/Industrial club and meeting, drinking with, and partying with just about every band that goes thru the places ive worked.

6> Dont call Frontline EBM. Maybe the new CD cause its kinda weak, and hes old now, But Bill leebs project "Delerium" thats not even EBM. Your thinking of bands such as Apoptygma Berserk or Covenant.

PS: Calling Frontline EBM is like saying Black Sabbath is the godfather of metal.....wrong....more along the lines of The Blue oyster Cult, or even further back, like Beethoven.

Thanx for wasting my morning here at work.

Ministry was never "birthed" They created Industrial-Metal you moron. I would hope Alan J. (frontman of Minisrty) would torture you for a year for saying that.

[ This Message was edited by: SANITY ASSASSIN (FA) on 2007-06-05 05:20 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 15:22   
I saw EBM and thought ICBM.

Just with an eeeeeeeeeeee in it.

Electron Balistic Missile.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 16:24   
rolf

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-05 16:59   
+1 for Sannity?

Email Supertrooper
Page created in 0.016362 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR