No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » wish list
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author wish list
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-04 10:53   
I want at least 1 more Aux Gen on the EAD.

I want to keep QSTs but bind them to a key so they don't fire from Spacebar.

I want Beacons to be the same slot as Tractor beams, and Mining Beams.

I also want Planet Def to fire Beacons like they do Torps.

Torpedo Crusiers, and Assault Crusiers should only have 2 beam weapons, fewer cannons and more Torpedos....and go back to Gold Combat Badge required. also would like to have the HCL back on the TC, and 1 Full arc Armor ring on both the TC and AC.

Torps on stations are useless, give them more Missiles, and Beams for PD.

Except for the Bomber Dessie WHY does any ICC ship under a crusier have armor?

Kluth should be able to get off at least two alphas before either being destroyed or being forced to recloak.

Instead of Beacons decloaking Kluth they should be targetable....all you see is a beacon flying around.

Lose the Rail guns on the UGTO Command Dread

UGTO bomber Crusier, Kluth Clavate, and ICC Bomber Dessie should have only Beams for weapons AND set to Gold Bomber Badge required.

Longer recharge times on Jump Drives

How about 1 more reload on the support stations and hive.

and PLEASE do something about the ICC "brick" Being an ICC supply pilot gives you a life span of about 5 seconds.......not to mention your power drains so fast you can keep your reloads running.

I'm sure I'll think of something else.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:16   
Quote:

On 2007-06-04 10:53, Feralwulf wrote:
The EAD will most likely recieve a major overhaul, as will the other assault-class dreads.

QSt's will either be removed from the assault dreads, or be turned into a dread based weapon. The damage, and AOE of all the core weapons will be reduced significantly.

Beacons will be their own slot, and scout only. This is to stop the current beacon fest we currently have, and to stop the chances of too many beacons being spawned (which is detrimental to the graphics engine and network).

No. Although there were thoughs to having significant signature increases near planet and decloaking ships within a certain range of enemy planets.

Torpedo Crusiers, and Assault Crusiers should only have 2 beam weapons, fewer cannons and more Torpedos....and go back to Gold Combat Badge required. also would like to have the HCL back on the TC, and 1 Full arc Armor ring on both the TC and AC.
These ships will have mostly all beams and torpedoes and very few cannons, and to my knowledge they should be gold combat requirment this version. We'll see about the HCL's....

Agree completely

Because it's neccisairy balance-wise.

Kluth should be able to get off at least two alphas before either being destroyed or being forced to recloak.
The thought is that they should be alpha'ing once, then re-cloaking and working in groups. They're not designed to duke it out, if they want to chance it they can, like UGTO and ICC take chances in other areas.

Instead of Beacons decloaking Kluth they should be targetable....all you see is a beacon flying around.
Personally, I want beacons to just add signature to ships so they take longer to cloak. They will not be targetable.

Lose the Rail guns on the UGTO Command Dread
Done.

UGTO bomber Crusier, Kluth Clavate, and ICC Bomber Dessie should have only Beams for weapons AND set to Gold Bomber Badge required.
Bomber dessie should be silver, afaik. The rest is pretty much what we think too.

Not so sure about this. The jump times on dreads might be increased - it all depends on how strong the ship classes are.

All stations will get 2 reloads, only the supply classes will get 3 now.

and PLEASE do something about the ICC "brick" Being an ICC supply pilot gives you a life span of about 5 seconds.......not to mention your power drains so fast you can keep your reloads running.
[b]All ships will be looked at in terms of power, the bricksie isn't exempt from that.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-04 12:36   
being able to receive 2 alpha's aint exactly duking it out...
i mean, my BD can take like 3-4

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-06-04 17:23   
unless the alpha's are going to hurt like kissing a bees nest :S

still like most what i have read above
especially the no torps on stations, more intercept weps

- Axi

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-05 09:05   
Kluth will be strong enough likely if I know Draf and Jack that they'll hit hard in one shot, but drain a tardload of energy. I doubt a Kluth would want to stay uncloaked after that.

Anyways, staying uncloaked for Kluth is a bad idea and glad thats being embraced. Kiddies need to learn that attacking with stealth, suprise, and cunning are the way of Kluth, so they suffer the consequences of that, which is that a couple alphas mean you're dead, or running.

However, my wish list for 1.484:

1. Reset everyones bombing stat. - Or at least reduce it by a a fair percentage. Because I think bombing, however neccessary, has been exploited far more than even the mission system in .480. I consider it unfair and unjust that such prestige could be grinded so easily, and that so many embraced doing it.

2. Make gauss less useless - Because it IS useless. Do away with useless weapons or make them useful.

3. Get rid of core weapons - Because end all be all weapons are something that hsould never have been introduced into DS.

4. Define important planets more clearly - Simply common knowledge wont do with the vast amount of planets in the MV. With .484 planets will gain alot of importance, and if the more important ones were shall I say, more obvious, it might make for some variation of a stable battleground.

5. Make Stations worth their weight - One sentence : Please find a way to keep them from being easy targets.

6. Declutter the GUI : Smallet icons or some way to filter would be nice to reduce the massive clutter that exists for larger ships.

7. Improve the EW (Electronic Warfare) aspect of the game : Its always felt remarkable to me that EW devices have had little practical use sense .480 and even not much then. Some defined and exceptional use of ECM, ECCM, and Scanners would be lovely for Stations and Scouts alike.

Which brings me to...

8. Make smaller, non-combat ships useful - In .484 Ships like Scouts, and Frigates wont have very much weight in the MV as a fighting force, therefore not truely combative. Some way to improve their abilities to make up for the ir abysmal armor would do nicely.

If EW played some greater role than it has for a while, it would be perfect for them. Merely relgating beacons to Scouts isn't enough.

And I think thats all... but most of all I'd like to see the rebalance of all ships to fit their intended roles, and new ships to fit new roles, and for the Devs and Admins alike to listen this time around when we find something that doesn't work by the agreement of the majority.

-Ent

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:17   
Quote:

On 2007-06-05 09:05, Enterprise wrote:
Kluth will be strong enough likely if I know Draf and Jack that they'll hit hard in one shot, but drain a tardload of energy. I doubt a Kluth would want to stay uncloaked after that.

Anyways, staying uncloaked for Kluth is a bad idea and glad thats being embraced. Kiddies need to learn that attacking with stealth, suprise, and cunning are the way of Kluth, so they suffer the consequences of that, which is that a couple alphas mean you're dead, or running.

However, my wish list for 1.484:

1. Reset everyones bombing stat. - Or at least reduce it by a a fair percentage. Because I think bombing, however neccessary, has been exploited far more than even the mission system in .480. I consider it unfair and unjust that such prestige could be grinded so easily, and that so many embraced doing it.

2. Make gauss less useless - Because it IS useless. Do away with useless weapons or make them useful.

3. Get rid of core weapons - Because end all be all weapons are something that hsould never have been introduced into DS.

4. Define important planets more clearly - Simply common knowledge wont do with the vast amount of planets in the MV. With .484 planets will gain alot of importance, and if the more important ones were shall I say, more obvious, it might make for some variation of a stable battleground.

5. Make Stations worth their weight - One sentence : Please find a way to keep them from being easy targets.

6. Declutter the GUI : Smallet icons or some way to filter would be nice to reduce the massive clutter that exists for larger ships.

7. Improve the EW (Electronic Warfare) aspect of the game : Its always felt remarkable to me that EW devices have had little practical use sense .480 and even not much then. Some defined and exceptional use of ECM, ECCM, and Scanners would be lovely for Stations and Scouts alike.

Which brings me to...

8. Make smaller, non-combat ships useful - In .484 Ships like Scouts, and Frigates wont have very much weight in the MV as a fighting force, therefore not truely combative. Some way to improve their abilities to make up for the ir abysmal armor would do nicely.

If EW played some greater role than it has for a while, it would be perfect for them. Merely relgating beacons to Scouts isn't enough.

And I think thats all... but most of all I'd like to see the rebalance of all ships to fit their intended roles, and new ships to fit new roles, and for the Devs and Admins alike to listen this time around when we find something that doesn't work by the agreement of the majority.

-Ent

Except for the horse apples about resetting Bombing stats......what he said.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:27   
Quote:

On 2007-06-04 11:16, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-04 10:53, Feralwulf wrote:
The EAD will most likely recieve a major overhaul, as will the other assault-class dreads.

QSt's will either be removed from the assault dreads, or be turned into a dread based weapon. The damage, and AOE of all the core weapons will be reduced significantly.

Your mean Jack

Beacons will be their own slot, and scout only. This is to stop the current beacon fest we currently have, and to stop the chances of too many beacons being spawned (which is detrimental to the graphics engine and network).

REAL mean

No. Although there were thoughs to having significant signature increases near planet and decloaking ships within a certain range of enemy planets.

I had to try...can't blame a guy for trying

These ships will have mostly all beams and torpedoes and very few cannons, and to my knowledge they should be gold combat requirment this version. We'll see about the HCL's....

....ok you had better see about it

Agree completely

Jack agrees with me......now I'm scared

Because it's neccisairy balance-wise.

Balance is evil...and WHAT Balance anyway? I gotta carve thru shields AND Armor on that Dessie while he just has to get thru MY dessies ARMOR?!

The thought is that they should be alpha'ing once, then re-cloaking and working in groups. They're not designed to duke it out, if they want to chance it they can, like UGTO and ICC take chances in other areas.

eh.....I don't fly Kluth anyways...no biggie

Bomber dessie should be silver, afaik. The rest is pretty much what we think too.

all of them are Silver Bomber badges....in 482 I had to get a Gold Bomber to get the Bomber Cruiser

Not so sure about this. The jump times on dreads might be increased - it all depends on how strong the ship classes are.

get sure about it. Dreads are about right but the smaller ships recharge WAY too fast

All stations will get 2 reloads, only the supply classes will get 3 now.

I don't want 2 reloads on the others they're fine, I want FOUR reloads on the support classes

[b]All ships will be looked at in terms of power, the bricksie isn't exempt from that.

I thank you and ICC suppy pilots all over the universe thank you

Captain Splendid
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:30   
I'd say possibly a reversion to pre-483 cloak, and just have it as a reduction of signature and a [i[large[/i] drain on energy. It would make it much easier to keep the K'luth balanced, in my opinion at least.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-05 14:54   
There will always be more armor on UGTO ships than ICC ships, and an ICC should should NEVER have the same armor as it's UGTO equiv. If it does, tell us, we'll fix it.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-06-05 15:13   
does that include the ICC shield or not?:P

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-06-05 21:34   
so.. taking all of Kluth's energy is balancing their weak armor out? wrong. when we have no energy, there goes the cloak. and there goes our ship. keep cloak energy drain LOW and the Kluth Assault ruptors high....because beams that hurt that much require a lot of energy.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 22:00   
heres my wishlist

1. Reduce Bombing prestige by 1/3rd of the total prestige

2. Make Kluth Armor Harder To get through

3. dont make it so hard to bomb as to run off "newbies" that might come in in 484 because we need more players not less

4. Give the assault dread more cannons or half cannons half CL's same with the EAD and Siphon

5. As feral said give the core weapon a number

6. Make losing prestige less, like say we lose 400+ prestige for a dread cut that in half same with stations

7. Give us Prestige for hitting armor/shielding it makes the game more fun

8. remove ED/PD's they're useless

Thats my wishlist

Email GothThug {C?}
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-06-05 22:05   
Quote:

On 2007-06-05 22:00, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:
heres my wishlist

(no. people with balanced stats would get a fair reduction in prestige, when they never abused the bomb bug)

(slightly harder... more like cardboard armor instead of paper.)

3. dont make it so hard to bomb as to run off "newbies" that might come in in 484 because we need more players not less

4. Give the assault dread more cannons or half cannons half CL's same with the EAD and Siphon

(the assault dreads are ment for pain... minimum cannons and more OMGPWN lazers.)

6. Make losing prestige less, like say we lose 400+ prestige for a dread cut that in half same with stations

(agree with completely. station and dread pres loss is WAY too high)

(no... too much pres from that. we are gonna be able to hit hull more easier in .484.. this is not needed)

(YES. AGREE WITH.)

Thats my wishlist

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 22:58   
yes but you see, if we tell faustus who the mirv whores are he'll make a judgement thus NO ONE who who didnt abuse the mirv bug wont get punished and those who did will get it fairly harshly

Email GothThug {C?}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-06 03:32   
Quote:

On 2007-06-05 22:00, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:
heres my wishlist

i would say leave it ass it is since next patch bombing is gonna get harder
last beta i played luth armoer was noticable stronger

they cna always bomb in admiral

assault dred is ment to be a close range ship, why give it more long range weps?

i would say leave that alone since next patch a dred will be feared and not such an easy target

no would defeat the propouse for killing an enemy ship

they will have a funtion next patch in doing what there dessigned for since bombing will be a team effort
Thats my wishlist

Email Borgie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023589 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR