No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » MADELEINE BETH MCCANN - Missing
 Author MADELEINE BETH MCCANN - Missing
Glimmer
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-31 14:32   
As we are a multi cultural populated gaming area with people visiting from around the globe, I think this subject matter shouldnt leave the media limelight so........follow the links.

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=Leics01&orgPrefix=UK02&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_GB&searchLang=en_GB

http://www.interpol.int/public/data/children/missing/notices/data/2007/03/2007_23403.asp

http://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/htm/pessoas_desaparecidas/madeleine.htm

http://maddy.coldandbroken.org/madeleine.php

Email Glimmer   Goto the website of Glimmer
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-05-31 14:48   
Thats......really......creepy.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-31 15:21   
Here's a quote from another forum that about sums up my feelings.

I don't get whats so special about Madeline, loads of kids go missing all the time so why her? Why does she have all the media attention? Yes it's terrible that she has gone missing but a lot of it is the parents fault; A GP and a care worker! They left her on her own in the first place. In a strange country where there are lots f hazards like hard floors and balconies (I know because it just so happens that I went to Praria Da Luz in September) and cleaners and mantinance people coming in and out. I don't know much about parenting, but how could you even consider leaving 3 children under the age of 4 by themselves to go and have a meal? Why not take the children with them? I mean, what if the children fell over, fell ill, hurt themselves or simply woke up and was scared their parents wern't there. I mean the parents are a GP and a care worker, if it were another persons child they'd be the first people to be calling childline or social services. I mean really it discusts me the negligence the parents shown towards the child. In my opinion the only innocent person is Madeline herself; the parents are just as guilty as the kidnappers.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-05-31 15:41   
You ask why al the interest - well put simply - Loads of Kids do not go missing for a Month, possibly kidnapped and sold to some sicko who can't have kids, possibly raped and murdered. Thats why it's in the News so much - people are interested - they can imagine what they would feel if maddy was theres.

Granted Kids go missing in other countries too and i suspect that the media in more "civilised" countries would cover it in the same way. Of course there will be other countries where kids are just another posession to be bought and sold and it wouldn;t even make the local newspaper.

As for the parents - the ywere the other side of the swimming pool, they could see the flat and were going back every 1/2 hour.

At the moment I haven't checked my daugter for the last 2 hours and she's at the other end of the house.

Personally I wouldn't leave my daughter like that but I don't think they did anything really wrong here. They wanted to keep the kids in the same routine to stop upsetting them. The only person who has done something wrong is the pervert who stole her.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-31 15:55   
Slinki, she was taken in her sleep, she did not go missing. Hence why people are getting interested, and involved. Not many children get kidnapped from their own holiday house/home.

Also, show me parents that sleep with their 4 year old kids. Whoever posted that has no idea.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-05-31 15:57 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-01 00:50   
why iss this even posted here?

Email Borgie
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-06-01 09:20   
Because it is, if you don't have anything positive to say then stfu and go away. You aren't required to reply to everything on the forums.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-06-01 11:05   
This reminds me of when a 16yo girl went mising here... She got all the media because her parents were filthy rich...

I agree with some that if one girl is going to get this much attention, why doesn't every child that is kidnapped get the attention?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-01 12:37   
Quote:

On 2007-06-01 11:05, Peter Wiggin wrote:
This reminds me of when a 16yo girl went mising here... She got all the media because her parents were filthy rich...

I agree with some that if one girl is going to get this much attention, why doesn't every child that is kidnapped get the attention?

These parents aren't filthy rich. Here in the UK we don't get a lot of foriegn kidnappings, hence why it surprised us (and although it doesn't please me to say it, most people will react to a 4 year old being kidnapped in her sleep a lot more than a 16 year old disapearing whilst she was out on the pull drunk with her friends).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-01 12:37 ]

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-06-01 14:15   
I think Jack has hotthe nail on the head.

It is one thing for someone to wonder off, or for an older person to be kidnapped whilst out, or for someone to be kidnapped and a ransom demanded.

What has shocked people is that this little girl was asleep on holday when someone broke in and stole her - since then nothing - no body - no ransom.

The parents aren't rich - just ordinary middle class parents in a typical middle class holiday - really ordinary people.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-01 19:10   
See the problem here is do third world countries get as much attention when kidnapping happens? No, many killings and daily kidnappings in third world countries are ignored and go unnoticed. Im not saying that these other people that are getting kidnapped should get less attention. But should the tens of people getting kindapped and killed daily in other third world countries also get the same amount of attention?

Page created in 0.023174 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR