Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Face Full of PWNAGE
 Author Face Full of PWNAGE
Evil Mr. Mars
Captain

Posted: 2007-05-30 20:05   
link to my last accident
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=41485&forum=172&8

pictures of most previous wreck.
http://picasaweb.google.com/troymars/BicycleWreck52973

I recieved the bruise from when i was crashing into the ground. the handle bar jabbed into my arm while it was being proped up against the ground. there is an inprint in red where it left a mark.

I was damned before I even got on my bicycle. Before leaving the apartment my roommate said something to the extent “I hope you don’t wreck.” Which immediately jinxed me.

I had left for my usual 7 mile bike trek around Richmond. I got back to main street; which is about 1.5 miles away from home. While I was taking a much needed break when I saw across the street there was a bicycle shop. Needless to say I had to check this store out since the nearest bike shop to my knowledge is 27 miles away, and to a cyclist that is Far.

I chatted with the owner for awhile and found out the store had only opened a week ago. After I had finished drooling on the $1,500 bicycle I left the store. It had probably been no more than a minute when I left the store when my face and bicycle ate pavement.

I had one mile left but seconds from my inevitable doom. I hate riding my bike on the roadway because of how narrow and fast cars are usually going on it. I decided to switch over to the sidewalk in hopes I put more distance between me and the cars. But I must have been preoccupied or just didn’t realize what I was about to run into was a pile of gravel.

The tires on my bike are no more than an inch and a half wide. So as soon as I hit it I had the gut feeling something didn’t go right. One thing I haven’t yet learned is to never go 20 mph/ 32 kmph in gravel; it just doesn’t work. All I could think about while I was tumbling a good ten feet was “sigh… not again.”

After I had stopped I just lied there motionless. I had no response when I tried to move my fingers, I was terrified. About five seconds of hell passed before I felt my whole body start to tingle. After I finally got up I made sure to get my glasses fist so as to not see them ran over.

There were people to my aid before I even had a chance to sit up. This motorcyclist gave me some band aids which I think the people that gave me a ride to the hospital took because I never got a band aid out of it and never saw it again. I locked my bike up to the nearest pole and left for the hospital with complete strangers.

For some reason or another the ER must of not been that busy because I actually got in there to be treated in a reasonable amount of time. Some of the staff at the hospital recognized me from three months ago including the doctor in charge of the ER who just looked at me and sighed. The old woman who takes cat scans of the brain was the same woman from three months ago. She looked at me and said “you know the drill.” they gave me a pill I had never seen before. You know how my chat color is hot pink. The pill they gave me was a big hot pink pill. I took it. Now that I look back on it maybe I trust people a bit too much.

I waited bout 3 hours before the cat scan and x-rays came back fine. Which I figured as such since I didn’t have any memory loss. But I was worried about the oversized bruise on the back of my head.

I had my roommate drop me off where I locked up my bike and rode the last mile home.

Even 24 hours after the accident I have had a constant headache which I am hoping will go away by tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Mr. Mars on 2007-05-31 16:39 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-30 20:30   
Gravity. Not just a good idea, its the Law.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-30 21:42   
Quote:

On 2007-05-30 20:30, Doran wrote:

Gravity sucks and friction's a drag.

I see both of them were against you that day.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-30 22:54   
Rather reminds me of this related bicycle accident...

Email Shigernafy
Live Free
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-31 00:37   
wow, bush is a clutz

Goto the website of Live Free
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-05-31 02:00   
Maybe this is a sign to stop riding bikes...

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-31 04:48   
Good lord troy, either you are accident prone or just love eating pavement lol you need to take care of yourself better i dont wanna mourne the loss of another person this year theres been to many deaths around me -_-

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-31 08:47   
Props!

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-31 11:56   
Change the thread name to 'Face Full of PWNED'.

Email Supertrooper
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-31 13:56   

Thanks.

Email Supertrooper
Live Free
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-31 18:34   
only time I ate pavement in the past few years my handlebar got jammed in a chainlink fence when I was trying to grab something outta my bag while ridding my bike with no hands...

Goto the website of Live Free
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-01 19:16   
Quote:

On 2007-05-30 21:42, Fattierob (x2 x2) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-30 20:30, Doran wrote:

Vacuums sucks and friction's a drag.

I see both of them were against you that day.

fixied

Page created in 0.024174 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR