Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (aka AWE!!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (aka AWE!!)
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-06-02 00:16   
I am a bit wary.... Pirates 2 sucked.. couldnt even sit through the entire movie. I liked the first one though... If you didnt like the second one and seen the third one, let me know...

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-11 04:19   
Now, I, personally, loved Dead Man's Chest. I loved it more than the first one. Part of this is because I identify very much with Davy Jones, because he is a Pirate Darth Vader, is a visually stunning and thoroughly uniquely spoken villain, and has a great reason for his evil (for those curious, it is for these same reasons that I love post-NEGATORY! Darth Vader). The next reason is that it has a terrific sea monster in it. I'm one who doesn't hold with "you just see parts of it" monsters or small "efficient" monsters. I like my monsters monstruous. And they didn't hold anything back with Beastie. The last reason I loved Dead Man's Chest is because, and this one is the most important: It was a fantastic movie. It was made of the stuff that made such movies as "Empire Strikes Back" and "Die Hard with a Vengeance" great movies; a great blend of elements to fit you in any mood without, by unifying them, compromising said elements.

To sum up my feelings on AWE, I'm just going to quote myself from Sporephoria's thread on the subject.

Quote:

Nnnnnnnnnnggggggggggguuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
It is so, so, so...
[huge font]SO[/huge font]
"Good".

And the soundtrack... oh man. At first, I thought nothing could steal me away from Dead Man's Chest's "Davy Jones" and "Wheel of Fortune"... and "Davy Jones" is still holding strong, mind you... but the track... the track on the AWE soundtrack that is 10:45 long and the one that is 2:42 long (to not spoil) are absolutely, certainly, entirely, and positively amazing. When I listen to good music, I kind of feel it flow through me, up my spine and out the eyes, and the new low brass motif introduced in this... nguh, feels like it's trying to... words can't describe it. Picture a graceful whale trying to swim through a hamster maze and you've got the idea.

I mean, the scene where the... the scope of it... the epic environment... the "shiver my sweet timbers, they're doing WHAT?!"... Mmmmfff.... so amazing.

The only thing about it that I didn't like was that I can't afford, at present, to see it again, and I'm not sure that anything less than a theater can do it justice.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-06-11 04:22 ]

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2007-06-12 07:34   
Stupid rocks keep following me now and picking up my dread and surfing it down the beach -_-

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016285 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR