Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event] Skylathian Cheese Riots
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [Event] Skylathian Cheese Riots
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-05-18 12:02   
A dispute over excessive cheese taxation has broken out between Incarnath and Skyline in the R33 system. The Incarnathians have sided with the UGTO, who favor blocking independent retailers from engaging in the cheese trade. Meanwhile, the citizens of Skyline, backed by the ICC, are revolting, quite literally. They are dumping vast quantities of prime imported Gouda out of the warehouses and into the streets. Both factions are continually sending reinforcements in a battle for control of the systems Cheesedom.

In an interesting development, a group of pirates aided by Rogens Raiders, and operating out of the Key Lime Gascloud have become involved in the trade dispute. They have made themselves a reputation for attacking cheese convoys, and are apparently opposed to any form of cheese trade whatsoever. It looks like they are trying to take advantage of the Skylathian Riots to promote their cause.

Feel welcome to post your feedback on the event below.

Important Note:

Although you can order the AI ships, doing so can cause some problems with the event scripting as it will not spawn a new wave unless all of the ships from the previous one has been destroyed. Player orders can make some AI ships head for the wrong location instead of staying around the intended target areas.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-05-20 10:27 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-18 12:03   
yall have lost yer noodles lol i swear

Email GothThug {C?}
Reek Havoc *XO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-05-18 12:08   
I feel this event is too cheesy. We want more events tho. More Mir, More Gaifens, more renegades.

So long and Thanks for all the AI,

Douglas Spadams

(get it? DS. *chuckle*)

DarkSpace: ICCU (Fleet tag: =ICC=) is always recruiting ICC pilots! (/clan join =ICC=)

Goto the website of Reek Havoc *XO*
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-18 13:35   
I see what joo did thar!

TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-18 14:42   
so much lag

Nonthought
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-18 15:17   
Laggy, but I get to blow things up. Yay!

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-05-18 15:29   
Does no one care about the key lime pie?

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-18 15:32   
The event initself was a good ide. Thoug the lag made it all abit confusing about what was going on. Because thats the truth, the game itself cant have such an event due to the lag spikes it gets.

Anyways, even it if was a good idea, it also made some ppl farm the event just to make a whole lot of prestige.
When there was no more ugto fighting, the icc showed up in large numbers around skyline. Ok i wont say ugto didnt do it and all, but we didnt exploit it as much as they did.

When you got 2 stations, and 4-5 MD`s just sitting at skyline waiting for the ugto AI ships to come near just so they could shoot them down. was cinda lame. In other games ive playd thats called farming, because thats what it realy is, combat farming. so to mr black as i gues you where the admin. You should have known behter to exploit it and farm a good ide.

And for the next event to be done. please make the AI ship repair their armor instead of hull, as an icc planet canot kill an AI ship by itself. And as the AI ships just go orbit the planet makes it all lame.

For the ugto side this didnt happend, because when the AI ships came near incarnath, they died very fast because the planet had UGTO def.

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-05-18 23:50   
it was a fun event but i think both planets should of been given same defence not one icc and one ugto as the was no boming it would of made things a bit better making sure that ai couldnt orbit skyline and cause so much lag from missiles

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-05-19 03:56   
Cheese is taxed, but key lime pie is not. It is just another reason to drop your alliances with cheese and to take up arms from which you originally ate. Key lime pie calls you and the order hansomely rewards those loyal to it. May key lime always be a mroe delectable dish than cheese!

-Lacro

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-05-19 07:45   
Key Lime has never had the volume of popularity with which any government would deem noticable enough to feel they could profit by it. The Cheese Tax is our own worst enemy, and day upon day we labor to defeat it, it is only in receint weeks with this war that the Key Lime Order has declared against us that we have been forced to turn our attention and resources away from the Cheese Tax fight, and as a result it has doubled in cost and power... you are hurting those whom you claim you wish to save, Key Lime Order!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-19 20:24   
hmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmmmmmm cheese or lime pie. Hmmm both very delicious, not nutritious, and clogs your arteries.
hmmmmm hmmmm hmmmmmm.....

Try butter, works much faster ^.^

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-20 08:42   
update:

Skyline and Incarnath are out of limits for bombing. please dont bomb them flat.

Skyline and Incarnath are also modified to stop bombing incase someone does, so please dont edit them by removing/rebuilding structures on it. and just because they are modified to stop bombing it does not mean it is ok to do so.

[ This Message was edited by: Lyedtau on 2007-05-20 08:43 ]

Zharf Acorazado
Fleet Admiral
Rogens Raiders

Posted: 2007-05-20 12:44   
Yar! Long Live the death of cheese!

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2007-05-20 14:24   
0.o

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026988 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR