Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » battle ground system idea
 Author battle ground system idea
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-17 18:53   
Alright, this is just an idea and i'm trying to help so be gentle with me huh?

The idea is to make gates faction specific so as to establish front lines, focus combat and put an end to wasted hours roaming the mv looking for some one to fight.

For example, say the ugto control Sol system. Alpha-centari is half ugto half icc and the next system over i believe is Luyten which is controled by the icc. Could the alpha to Sol gate be made faction specific to the ugto(meaning ONLY ugto could travel from AC to Sol) and the Alpha Cent to Luyten be usable only to ICC.
Now, there is a couple of ways to procede from here. One, keep the gates faction-locked until the ugto/icc one or the other are able to take and hold(meaning the system shows up green) Alpha Centari for a predetermined amount of time( could be an hour,2 hours , a full day, what have you). The second way would be just to get rid of the time limit and unlock the gates as soon as a faction has capped the system. Useing the first method, after say the icc have taken and held alpha centari for the set amount of time the AC to sol gate would open for the icc. Meaning that the ugot would have to hold Sol for the set amount of time before the Sol to Ac gate would open up for them again. If a faction loses all there systems said faction would then be gone until the mv is won.
This would eleminate the faction-wiping of old, really bring strategic value to the game, get rid of safe zones(not that i don't appreciate the effort made to save the game there. I just don't like'em ), focus combat into front lines, encourage building and defending of planets, save people the depression of seeing all your factions gains lost in one late-night bombing campaign by the opposition and lastly put an end to wasted hours roaming the mv looking for a fight.
The down side to this is with the current mv set-up it would limit the ability to have three way battles. Also, something would have to be done about worm-holes. Either add a rule to the Roc saying wormholes can be used only across your factions systems and into the battle ground(it would have to be a banable offense to skip over the battle ground and bomb the other factions systems behiend the lines) or remove/limit the range of WH devices.

Email thundercat984
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-17 20:42   
most of what you suggest needs a patch to address, and we are already working on the next one. whilst i personaly would like to do something like this, i think the other members of the dev team might disagree. 1.484 addresses most of the issues you seem to have a problem with anyway

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-18 11:46   
i didnt bother reading the rest and all i can say is that could pose a possible problem :| so i dont agree with that lol

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-18 11:55   
Quote:

On 2007-05-18 11:46, Fatal GothThug *Ens* wrote:
i didnt bother reading the rest and all i can say is that could pose a possible problem :| so i dont agree with that lol

Why post a reply to a game development suggestion if you're not going to read the entire post?

In reply to the OP:

In a nutshell, what Lyed said. Most of what's going into 1.484 will deal with the issues you seem to have with the game (safezones, etc). I myself don't think the gate deactivation for a faction(s) is such a good thing, but I believe me and Drafell talked about this a while ago, and I can't remember the outcome of that discussion...

Page created in 0.007871 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR