- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event] Curse of the Blue Ruby
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [Event] Curse of the Blue Ruby
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-05-06 10:20   
In a daring raid late yesterday afternoon, a UGTO Assault fleet, co-ordinated by the Vladimir Confederacy, tracked down Lektor Sammosa's pirate fleet. Although his fleet was destroyed, Sammosa himself was apprehended trying to escape in a heavily customized civilian shuttle craft also known as a 'Squid' class fighter.
Sammosa's fleet consisted of his personal flagship, three heavily customized c208cvm destroyers (one of which was the Blue Ruby), an ST-74 Cruiser and a sixth, so far unidentified vessel. The Kaytar cluster in TripWik, where Sammosa's fleet was stationed, are still awaiting liberation from pirate control.

Unfortunately, the VCA's assault fleet was unable to capture any of the ship intact, although multiple boardings were attempted. The destruction of one of the VCA's support vessels forced them to respond with lethal force.

Of most concern to military analysts is the existence of the sixth ship, which has temporarily been classified as a 'Legion' cruiser hull by the secretive Legion Research Institute which is based on Venus. It is believed that the source of the viral technology being used by Sammosa's rogue group may well have been from this vessel, and disappointment has been expressed that further efforts were not made and that the assault fleet acted without sufficient care and consideration.

Fragments of this sixth vessel have been recovered, and are currently being transported back to Dr Bones Venus facilities for further investigation.

We will bring you further updates as soon as possible.

P.S. Well done to the those involved so far. The rewards will be handed out shortly as soon as we are able to reconfirm who gained the kills for which ships. Additional commendations to Sixkiller on correctly identifying the references used so far.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-05-06 10:24 ]

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-05-06 13:59   
nvm wat i said i didnt see this part of the thread lol

[ This Message was edited by: saturnshadow*EP4* on 2007-05-06 14:23 ]

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-05-06 16:59   
EMERGENCY ALERT: A hostile alien force has taken over the Kaytar cluster in TripWik.. All assistance is urgently required to repel this threat. This is a Code 1 priority warning, repeat, Code 1. The Kaytar cluster must be liberated at all costs

buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-05-06 20:43   
ok darkscorpian {feartheplants} took those lil mir down he had gangle i had clav we hit tookem down killed a few otw in and took the planets and omg i hope dark has a screeni

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2007-05-06 21:42   
After recieving a distress call from the planet Kaytar, the V'ladmir Confederacy Armada responded with support from the majority of the UGTO Navy. Initial reports indicated that the Machine Intelligence known as the Mir had taken control of the planet and its surrounding moons via an unidentifieid virus. Several Mir ships then moved out from the local shipyard and began to engage the forces we had sent there. The Mir also seemed to be using some type of new virus to take control over multiple vessels for their own uses. My own station was a victom of these viruses but was quickly retaken by the elite infantry on board. These viruses also seem to cause system failure across the board. Advise caution when fighting the Mir forces from now on. After multiple hours of engagement with the mir, we manage to push their forces back to Kaytar. A joint effort by the UGTO and the K'luth manage to remove their presence in the system. The ICC also seemed to help, but were not a significant presence during the large battle.

Further Information will be added when available,
Fleet Admiral Veronw, Fleet Commander of the VCA.

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw on 2007-05-06 21:44 ]

TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-06 22:57   
i protest i killed more Mir then the whole lot of Uglies combined

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2007-05-06 22:59   
now now who was in the torp md?

Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-05-07 04:32   
now i would of killed some but my internet timer kicked in and turned off the internet.
But im proud to say my crew on board "Saturns Revenge" (Battle Dread) did a remarkable job of helping beat back the Mir forces and getting the ship back to dock in relatively one piece and on the way picking up the stranded escape pods although from wat i heard is that my ship was boarded but was very sucessfull in getting rid of the intruders and many thanks to my AI and my Android for getting rid of that virus and they did say this "No wonder the Quark had trouble with this virus its was proberbly too advaced for the Quarks firewall systems and even we had trouble locating it as it kept moving around the sub system but finaly we cornered it and erased it from existance but not before creating a counter virus just incase of another attack now if you will excuse us we have to make repairs to the ship" so as you can see even my most advanced systems had alittle trouble with the virus but eventualy provailed and so for all those who died in that fight the VCA fleet salutes you all.

[ This Message was edited by: saturnshadow*EP4* on 2007-05-07 04:56 ]

TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-07 06:37   
TORP MD FOREVER!!!

Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-05-07 07:47   
sooo wats next???

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-07 15:20   
Well, if my memory serves me correct, I believe their was some kind of virius involved. Perhaps when katayar was liberated, it got deleted/destroyed in the crossfire? Or is it still somewhere in space, blinking on forever, calling the Mi to it's location....

Ah well. Good show to all. I hope the losses weren't too heavy.

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-05-08 11:27   
The final rewards given are as follows:

Saturnshadow: 100 bonus prestige and 5 million credits for the destruction of the Blue Ruby.

Timbo400: 100 bonus prestige and 5 million credits for the destruction of Lektor Sammosa.

Sixkiller @114511: 150 bonus prestige, 5 million credits and 7 days subscription time for correctly identifying the movie and character links to the events.

Buzzcox: 150 bonus prestige for his part in the final capture of Kaytar, thus preventing the MI viral outbreak from spreading.

Darkscorpion: 150 bonus prestige for his part in the final capture of Kaytar, thus preventing the MI viral outbreak from spreading.

Player reports that have been submitted will be used in the creation of the history entry soon to be posted into the Universe Today forum.

A special thanks for everyone who took a part in this event.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-05-08 11:29 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018678 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR