Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » This makes me mad!
 Author This makes me mad!
Prada
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-03 00:33   
Go though forums and look at all the attacks on people.... such as DarkSpen... I mean what the heck were you all thinking ... He from the kindness of his heart decided to host things for you guys and what happened??? If you read up on his posts you get alot of rude remarks and I find this true to a lot of posts... HOW CAN YOU ADMIN ALOW THIS TO CONTINUE? If you want to get new players to leave keep it up... No offence but the community is the most important thing to keep DS going... When someone tries to do something for DS in any way why would you allow people to attack them for it? Why would you want to complain or freak out about something that a player says??? I read the forums allot and it makes me want to stop and go to another game when I see how rude some players can be. Personally on a note I don’t care if this annoys you or not the truth is the truth, You cant hide from it forever eventually it will come back at you... please don’t forget

What Comes Around Will Go Around!!!

Maybe a little of what I have said will open you’re freaking eyes at what you guys are doing wrong...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-03 04:13   
People that personally attack another generaly get their posting rights removed. Just because you don't hear about it, or it's announced, doesn't mean it's not happening.

DarkSpen could also do with lying less - lying generaly makes people dislike you.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-05-03 14:09   
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 04:13, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
People that personally attack another generaly get their posting rights removed. Just because you don't hear about it, or it's announced, doesn't mean it's not happening.

DarkSpen could also do with lying less - lying generaly makes people dislike you.

Personal attacks truely do get you in alot of trouble here in a spot..

Theres no RoC section against disliking someones attitude or their actions though, and voicing them. We don't make it personal but we do tell him what we think, and we are perfectly entitled to do so unless it breaches the code of conduct.. which if it were, it would have already been punished.

Moderators and admins are suprisingly spry about that sort of thing. I wouldn't jump to conclusions so easily.

However, let me point something out. Theres another player - Hal0s - who has hosted something out of pure kindness.. and guess what? We like him. Jack pointed out why people in general haven't quite embraced the same attitude towards DarkSpen.

-Ent

Prada
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-03 17:41   
You guys arnt geting the point...

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-05-03 17:50   
So is this why everyone is rude to me?

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-05-03 18:10   
I just dislike people that lie. You act like you are in the dev team(previous posts about darkspace development and your recent poll that make people assume that you can speed up the development of darkspace.)

I dont hate you, I just dont think you should be posting things like you have. An example is your post in the billing support forum. I understand you are just trying to be helpful, but when you don't really have the facts, you shouldnt be giving false hopes to people.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-03 18:16   
In my time in DS, I watch the forums but don't speak much, My Personal Opinion on Darkspen that he is a great asset to Darkspace and could help Ultimately within the game itself or with other parts, He does some things in his time that could be used for other games, but he dose it for Darkspace for his love of the game, Which ic great but on forums like these and others Ive seen its Mainly the way you say things and go about them.
The problem i think is, You Do these things on your own by posting massive amounts of topic instead of using one Maybe Called Darkspens Development log or something, But when you do post, Everything is misspelled or incorrectly Grammatised, Although people say this dosen't matter Ive seen it on other forums and it certainly does.

One more thing I saw in the Plaestar forums a while back I think I remember you posting something about helping the Development team and saying you didn't care of people opinions and that you thought you were a good dev, Its just that attitude, You do large amounts with DS and help so much, But you don't have the right attitude, Grammar, Spelling and Experience to do stuff like that.

You do go unheeded far too often, where some ideas you may say are good and I agree with the topic creater to some extent that we do push out people who try and do things, But In the end, I Suppose these are tightley knitted forums with mostly the same numbers constantly active saying the same things over and over again, and everyone getting fustrated with .483 and wondering when .484 is coming out, I think if darkspen create a form of development post, and spell checks it all, and helps do these things at .484 then alot more people will lsiten, but at the moment, People are just loosing it with the game.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-03 18:45   
*puts an arm around darkspen and an arm around Goththug.*

I like everyone. Usually, the people you like least are your best opponents. I would say my worst enemies in this game are Sanity Assassin and bc7... I forget his crazy name, but it's bc____. Anyway. Their method of playing bothers me, but the grief they cause me in the game fuels my resolve to battle them. Sanity mirved EVERYTHING all the frackin time. Now he is kinda gone from the game, but some of my favorite hunts were chasing him down with my dictor, following the sound, minding my limited beacon ammo, then BAM getting the tag and blowing him up, and all the while I knew full well that he would return to do it again regardless, just as he knew full well that I would still be there waiting for him.

Bc uses a LOT of ED in combat, which can cripple combat, but it drives us to fight harder and work more closely together in order to kill him. Combat battles are boring if they aren't difficult to survive. And planet building is boring if a random mirver doesnt pop up from time to time to keep you on your toes.

My point: a good healthy rivalry with other players keeps it fun. It feels GREAT to blow up the ship of a guy that really bugs you. If it was all 'LOL' and "haha, you got me... " all the time, battles would be boring and the game would dissolve. Like everyone said, don't take it to a personal level. Beyond that, a few enemies keep it fun.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-05-03 19:50   
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 04:13, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

The whole "My Company" thing didn't help much either.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-05-03 20:00   
I also agree with coeus on the business thing... Off that topic(still on the same topic.. kind of)

Darkspen, you live in Utah and are 16-18 according to your myspace. With your interests and ambition to be part of the development community of a game, this is the perfect time to research colleges. If you are good in school, try to get a scholarship for a decent college/university. Otherwise you could always look into one of the Applied Tech Colleges. I am going to one of the UCAT(Utah College of Applied Technology) campuses to be a Network Engineer since I cannot afford college. While you are in high school, you can go for free to most UCAT colleges(minus the price for books).

Just a little food for thought into it. This way you can officially learn and maybe in about a year or two when you get a degree you can start helping with game development

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2007-05-03 21:19   
This topic is very constructive IMO. Glad to see most of it is constructive (outside of a few derogatory comments). DarkSpen has provided services in place of the server crashes experienced by DarkSpace, taken the time to build the combat servers and who knows what other stuff i'm not familiar with. I have personally enjoyed playing on the un-laddered servers DarkSpen has setup.

My only point to be made is that DarkSpen is contributing, which should be recognized. If it is not to your liking, or the manner in which it's communicated, that issue would be best addressed in private between the parties involved out of mutual respect (for each other and the community). If a player has displayed potential w/ dev stuff, encourage it... vs. trying to discourage. A person that actually plays the game and is skilled to develop it would be a great asset! You never know?

[ This Message was edited by: LAG on 2007-05-03 23:31 ]

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-05-03 23:52   
Well still seems you dont want me around so im leavin it to my only trusted friend in DarkSpace "Agent Smith" he has never backstabed me or said anything bad about me once... he has commented me like "Lag" and therefor I have passed on the knoledge of my maps to him.... see you guys its been fun but im taking my final leave... as to all that havent been rude to me i thank you but i am tired of being attacked in every fourm by players... it dont matter what i do but you guys just keep goin on about it... grow up... so what i have bad gramor and spelling i always have and it aint gana change... so piss off!

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Prada
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-04 00:06   
WTF??? Why DarkSpen?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-04 00:21   
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 23:52, darkspenn wrote:

No-one was going on about your spelling, and no-one insulted you. Not to mention your only real trusted friend "Agent Smith", started this thread. "We" didn't bring it up, it was him.

Take it from someome who knows:-
If you can't stand in the public face and take some heat, then don't stand at all.

If you try and do something, there's always going to be someone, or a group of people that are unhappy. I've been there, done that. I can pretty much, hand on my heart, say that half of this community dislikes me, but I also know that the other half likes me. You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

I personally admire you for trying to help DarkSpace, but you're helping in the wrong way (and I've told you this before), and lying, doesn't help either (and I understand why, we've all done it at one point in life).

Wanting to help with anything, is good. But if you want to make a difference, in a possitive direction, make sure you're helping in the right way.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-05-04 00:23 ]

Page created in 0.017853 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR