Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » i've lost my pacience
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author i've lost my pacience
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-01 14:38   
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 12:30, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
EVE is nothing like DS.

It's like saying Command and Conquer 3 is better than Half Life 2.

Jack is quite right. EvE really is pretty far from DS.

DS doesn't have the clusters, dev team or the sheer massive universe that EvE does. Not to mention EvE has an enormous amount of capital to swing towards developement of new patches and new additions to the game.

You have to keep in mind that DS has pretty much been a one man show. The issues that plague DS are not that bad taking into consideration what one guy has done by himself! The guy takes care of his family, codes DS, barely breaks even on keeping DS running and you bash him for it?

Running a business means taking care of your customers. However you have to remember this is Richard's back yard. This is his place and if you don't want to pay for playing, dont. Do something else. Donate hardware, software, time or money to the developement of it.

Remember this was all made for you and each and every other player. It's not about making money off everyone here and then leaving us hanging out to dry. It's about a community for players that we can all have fun and enjoy what we have.

So lighten up, kick back and enjoy. After all, there aren't many gaming communities where you actually have the opportunity to make something of yourself. Where your name in the community is what you make of it, and trust me, the sky's the limit for what you can do here in DS. Do you see EvE, AA, WoW giving any of the players with enough ambition a place in the actual development of the game? Think about it. Almost every one of the devs have been players first. Mods? Players first. Admins? You guessed it. Players FIRST!

Bottom line. If you don't like it guess what? YOU have the ability to get in the thick of it and help make the game what you want it to be(within reason of course).

My 2 cents.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-05-01 15:13   
What ken said and uh.. yeah.

Pretty much if you're tired of the game, just go do something less stressful and just hang out. No use crying over (Like FC seems to like to do..) because all it is, is annoying.

You can't really compare DS to EvE.. but.. EvE gets boring. People get over EvE. Everyone comes back to DS. DS have never stopped being boring. And its up to Faustus (whose working on the patch atm.. actually <3chu Jack) to bring DS back to life. I have no doubt he will.

If you don't have the patience. Find something else to do. Thats what I did. If you do have the patience, then just kick back, relax, enjoy, and don't let it get to you. Its just a game, and if $10 means life or death for you, unsub or get a better job.. I can pay for DS for a year for two weeks of time put working at Burger King...

-Ent

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-05-01 15:43   
well, i am subbing....2 or 3 accounts now...including my own! i am just uber frustrated and need a break from it a bit... and dangit if EvE isn't good...it's just overcomplicated is all. <.=.<

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Prada
Cadet

Posted: 2007-05-01 15:54   
Hum this isnt gana keep new people like me around... good think i see through the fog! Give it time... it will all get better in the upcomeing version...

[ This Message was edited by: Zebulon on 2007-05-01 15:56 ]

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-01 15:58   
Join inactive land, where ppl laugh and play.... ummmmm other games

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-01 16:44   
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 11:43, -RevenG- wrote:
EvE can be the furthest thing from relaxing. If you think DS can make you mad, just wait till you have a Bad eve day. =)

Like little noobs meeting my Wolf in empire space.. Er..

I mean.. uh..

Email Supertrooper
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-01 17:16   
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 15:58, doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) wrote:
Join inactive land, where ppl laugh and play.... ummmmm other games

Where I am

Email Light-of-Aurora
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-05-02 02:33   
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 16:44, Crim wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 11:43, -RevenG- wrote:
EvE can be the furthest thing from relaxing. If you think DS can make you mad, just wait till you have a Bad eve day. =)

Like little noobs meeting my Wolf in empire space.. Er..

I mean.. uh..

Being the little noob:)

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-02 02:35   
eve bored me to tears.. that and i had to think while playing, which in its self is a bad thing right there

Email Borgie
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-02 13:51   
take a break like im doin Leo, until 484 or until you get bored enough to play lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-05-03 14:37   
Quote:

On 2007-05-01 15:13, Enterprise wrote:
What ken said and uh.. yeah.

Pretty much if you're tired of the game, just go do something less stressful and just hang out. No use crying over (Like FC seems to like to do..) because all it is, is annoying.

You can't really compare DS to EvE.. but.. EvE gets boring. People get over EvE. Everyone comes back to DS. DS have never stopped being boring. And its up to Faustus (whose working on the patch atm.. actually <3chu Jack) to bring DS back to life. I have no doubt he will.

If you don't have the patience. Find something else to do. Thats what I did. If you do have the patience, then just kick back, relax, enjoy, and don't let it get to you. Its just a game, and if $10 means life or death for you, unsub or get a better job.. I can pay for DS for a year for two weeks of time put working at Burger King...

-Ent

first off...Ent...screw you.....I have been here 4 years and watched it go from FUN but laggy as as all get out to this current version.480/481 was a Blast to play..lag or no lag..it took skill to kill/bomb/cap/build even with all the lag.....it was FREAKING GREAT...now this current version...you cant even spawn without hitting the planet,or you lag so bad you cant see the enemy beside you pounding the crap out of you.you cant jump with 90% certainty its going to work.....1 mirv wipes 1/2 a planet..if not the whole thing...and any of several other issues I or anyone else could name..I dont bitched about the game..I bitch about THE STATE of the game...from awesome to just plain crap.The game concept,layout ,graphics..ships...its great..all of it....community in general..also great...the game playability compared to previous versions is the worse its ever been.THATS what I bitch about.you wanna call it whining fine...but quit passing out the BS that there is NOTHING wrong with it as it currently is.It just plain sucks.

ok...now you can delete this as I said what I think.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-05-03 15:36   
yes command, and everyone already knows that and they are already trying to fix it. So like ent said, no point in complaining about the state, complain the people who abuse it, because those are the only ones who can have a direct effect on it.

[ This Message was edited by: Sixkiller*P5* on 2007-05-03 15:36 ]

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-05-03 16:43   
yep...every time i play i go kaboom. so i am gonna explore EvE some more.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-05 18:45   
Just an Idea But...

Why dont we go Back a version or so..

.484 isnt THAT long off so whats a few months in an older version which most people seem to be agreed on as being better?

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-05-05 18:48   
As far as I know, there are no backups of previous versions so it is not possible to do a rollback

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036005 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR