No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » In game Chat Idea
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author In game Chat Idea
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:46   
I would have to disagree that it should be based on rank, theres a couple problems with that.

For one, rank has nothing to do with wits. Everyone knows well enough (especially this version) that rank counts for naught. There are too many nubs that are Admiral rank and above to suit us and I doubt it would be beneficial if they had a nice sparkly channel to draw attention and send others to doom.

I would say that people could be 'elected' to be a commander as well as 'removed' of the post but thats far too open to abuse and bungling (such as electing a couple favorites as well as removing people who aren't too popular for personal reasons despite ability).

Its a good idea I can agree but even so, its a trifle difficult to implement with any surety it would help. I could feel better at ease about it if there weren't so many at that rank and higher from bombing, and the heavens send we dont need that sort at the helm of a major engagement in .484 unless they know what they're doing.

The command and infulence stats come to mind, since they are fairly new and have some association, but until there is a way to accumulate something in those stats with any kind of legitimacy, this is sort of a problem.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:53   
Problem with electing is that some nitwits would just get their friends to vote.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-05 16:48   
I would say we base it off that never-to-be-used-but-still-their command stat in your profile.

Another suggestion: Only fleet leaders can do it, or people elected by fleet leaders (max 3 or 4 or such per clan, depending on size).

Also, i'd be more then happy to camp my own lobby if you people hate me that much

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016021 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR