No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » new combat
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author new combat
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 20:12   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 13:41, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

AI requires a lot of CPU time, and that causes issues server side (like de-sync), which can cause "lag".

Game Framework Knowledge +1

Email Light-of-Aurora
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 20:52   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 12:13, doda *EP5* (Exceptions Exceptions) wrote:
Feral brought up a good point there. Have you actually had any players that actually fought to death? Have you actually had any players that took it under 10 hull and stayed???? No, practically everyone runs at 100 hull. Now thinking of it that way, would people prefer to gain prestige from combat, or spend all day fighting and get nothing or worse get dictored and loose a station.

Feral runs more then anyone.

Poopshackles
Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 20:55   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 01:50, Atomic wrote:
Me personaly...i don't like fighting 8 people in mv.... if you like fighting AI bots (lol) so much you shouldn't really be here in DS...

...best to go play with your toy soldiers so you know which way they are going and where you want them to be when you attack.

So, you like playing with the intentional lag (MIR) ...then enjoy your battle with 10 players, and the kicks , lag deaths , ect ect

Atomic.

P.S. OMFG I can't believe people actualy want to play against AI bots instead of players..... in DS of all places....like....the total opposite of why I came here in the first place. It's idea's like these that turn games from player based to non player based AI bot games.

EVE use's AI bots ....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic on 2007-04-02 02:07 ]

Dont be dissin my toys or ill get up in yo' face!

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 21:11   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 20:52, bc796d wrote:

Hahahahaha yeah....like I'm gonna sit there at 43% hull and let you take me down in a ED......MAYBE if you flew something else....but then, you're just mad because I destroyed you poor little ED.

Poopshackles
Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 21:27   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 21:11, Feralwulf wrote:
Quote:

Hahahahaha yeah....like I'm gonna sit there at 43% hull and let you take me down in a ED......MAYBE if you flew something else....but then, you're just mad because I destroyed you poor little ED.

lol pwned crys some more nublits

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-04-06 03:27   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 21:27, poopshackles wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

LOL BC is pwned every time he logs in to the MV.....

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-04-07 21:36   
The lag is caused because the game is not programed right and the game has bad net code that still needs fixin however it still has not been adressed due to the fact that the game would be torn inside out to fix it and it would take years maby to get it all back together... im talking millions of $$$ worth of fixing it is simply not feesible at DS current income.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-07 21:46   
Quote:

On 2007-04-07 21:36, darkspen wrote:
The lag is caused because the game is not programed right and the game has bad net code that still needs fixin however it still has not been adressed due to the fact that the game would be torn inside out to fix it and it would take years maby to get it all back together... im talking millions of $$$ worth of fixing it is simply not feesible at DS current income.

Lag's mostly because of netcode issues and hardware. It wouldn't take millions, just time. Get your facts straight.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-04-07 21:57   
Quote:

On 2007-04-07 21:46, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-07 21:36, darkspen wrote:

Lag's mostly because of netcode issues and hardware. It wouldn't take millions, just time. Get your facts straight.

To get somone hired to fix darkspace, it would cost up to that much... that is valuble money DS most likely dont have...

[ This Message was edited by: darkspen on 2007-04-07 21:58 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-07 22:28   
Quote:

On 2007-04-06 03:27, leonide wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 21:27, poopshackles wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

LOL BC is pwned every time he logs in to the MV.....

+1 for uber pwned statement

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-08 11:17   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 12:13, doda *EP5* (Exceptions Exceptions) wrote:
Feral brought up a good point there. Have you actually had any players that actually fought to death? Have you actually had any players that took it under 10 hull and stayed???? No, practically everyone runs at 100 hull. Now thinking of it that way, would people prefer to gain prestige from combat, or spend all day fighting and get nothing or worse get dictored and loose a station.

I think part of the reason (at least for me) is that you can never be too sure what your hull % is exactly when in a large battle. You can quickly drop from 90% to 30% without blinking an eye and without actually seeing enemy weapons firing on you. It's happened to me on numerous occasions.

So it's safest to jump out as soon as you can. No sense in risking that quick drop in hull when in a large battle.

There's also the problem of your internal systems suddenly breaking when you're about to e-jump away. You may think everything's OK because your systems aren't showing any damage yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't damaged. This has also happened to me One moment I'm fine, the next moment I'm at 30% hull with all damaged systems, and I don't know why other than the fact that there's a large battle going on and ships are lag-warping all over the place. And I'm left wishing I'd have jumped out sooner when I first saw my hull start to drop.

MIR do help offset this. They don't care if they're destroyed. They don't care if they'll lose tons of prestige in an unbalanced 483. They're just machines after all.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.023287 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR