Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » new combat
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author new combat
TitaniumFinger
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-01 23:16   
love the new combat with the AI. not only are they fun to kill and look sweet when they blow up, it promotes big battles after the ai are dead.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-01 23:21   
they lag the game.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-01 23:27   
I only experience lag in the specific area where they are, and even then it isnt too bad(against other players it would be, but against AI, its easy)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-01 23:38   
Quote:

On 2007-04-01 23:21, bc796d wrote:
they lag the game.

I'd rather have some fun and experience some lag and then a 5 minute reboot, than not have that chance and experience a mildly laggy MV anyway.

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 00:36   
Too much lag.

Atomic.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-02 00:43   
I had no lag, and I was fighting for quite a while...

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 01:03   
It's hard enough already to play with lag, MIR and Pirates have great new ships but it's the same old issue.......lag........we have really bad lag lately as you've seen by the numbers in MV.

Today i saw up to 30 in MV but the lag kicks were getting frequent with the added lag as in the AI MIR ships as soon as the mir ships where destroyed lag dropped and i could rejoin, i was kicked 4 times by lag in that battle.

I think the AI should play a quiter role until mv can handle their presence in mv without kicking players.

I dont think the AI bots should be in mv if PLAYERS are being kicked by them, by massive amounts of lag.

I think the players should come before the bots.Besides, how many AI bots paid for this and would this game be worth while if only bots played ?

Atomic.

P.S. To promote the MIR and Pirates in mv you want people to be able to join the battles in the mv, but they cant do that if they can't get into the mv becasue of the lag thats caused by the MIR ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic on 2007-04-02 01:22 ]

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 01:28   
yah some people with bad computers like me get terrible lag, but hey its better than no combat at all.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-02 01:39   
I would rather have the occasional heavy lag from this than get NO combat at all.. its fun. If you dont like the lag, avoid the fight.

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 01:50   
Me personaly...i don't like fighting 8 people in mv.... if you like fighting AI bots (lol) so much you shouldn't really be here in DS...

...best to go play with your toy soldiers so you know which way they are going and where you want them to be when you attack.

So, you like playing with the intentional lag (MIR) ...then enjoy your battle with 10 players, and the kicks , lag deaths , ect ect

Atomic.

P.S. OMFG I can't believe people actualy want to play against AI bots instead of players..... in DS of all places....like....the total opposite of why I came here in the first place. It's idea's like these that turn games from player based to non player based AI bot games.

EVE use's AI bots ....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic on 2007-04-02 02:07 ]

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 10:50   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 01:50, Atomic wrote:
Me personaly...i don't like fighting 8 people in mv.... if you like fighting AI bots (lol) so much you shouldn't really be here in DS...

I do like fighting 8 or more people in MV it's why I come here. ICC and Kluth rarely give a good fight anymore so I'll take the Mir thank you. They fight, They don't run very often (and NEVER run before hull damage), they lag me about as bad as a fleet of Planet hugging ICC Missile Dreads

Quote:
So, you like playing with the intentional lag (MIR) ...then enjoy your battle with 10 players, and the kicks , lag deaths , ect ect

Actually there were 30 -40 of us in one spot at times. (not counting Mir) Had a blast killing Mir, then we all attacked each other (sometimes)

Quote:
P.S. OMFG I can't believe people actualy want to play against AI bots instead of players..... in DS of all places....like....the total opposite of why I came here in the first place. It's idea's like these that turn games from player based to non player based AI bot games.

OMG! I can't believe people actually want to play against an enemy that will give them a good fight!.....in DS of all places!....like...WHO would actually want to FIGHT anyone who would not just E jump away at 98% hull, or cloak...Totally opposite of why you came here? Why did you come here? For Combat, Teamwork, Massive Battles, Prestige and a chance to battle all 3 factions at once? ....or to camp a planet, maybe do a bomb run or 2.....or 10.....shoot at a newbie, then run away at 1st sign you might lose a ship?

Quote:
EVE use's AI bots ....

And your point would be?

Look I know the "Lag" can be bad at times. Usually worse in R33 than any other place for me where Mir are concerned, but I scored 70+ kills this weekend, 10+ ICC, 4 Kluth, about 6 by FF(I swear the newbie was not there when I fired), and the rest Mir. I went ICC for a few minutes knowing where some Mir were but not having UGTO numbers to fight them, and I Opened a WH in front of the Mir and they foolowed me to where the ICC Fleet was....I heard no complaints...may have missed them among all the demands for more.

A Minority demanded Safezones, a Minority demanded beacons be Scout only in 484, we constantly give in to the demands of the minority around here......so until we give in to the demands of the minority to do away with the Evil lag creating Mir...just let us in the majority have some fun.

That is all
I love you
HUGS

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-04-02 12:06   
a big w00t!! to feral for just bein that loveable huggable guy!!

p.s. good post man, made sense!!

ds forever!

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-02 12:13   
Feral brought up a good point there. Have you actually had any players that actually fought to death? Have you actually had any players that took it under 10 hull and stayed???? No, practically everyone runs at 100 hull. Now thinking of it that way, would people prefer to gain prestige from combat, or spend all day fighting and get nothing or worse get dictored and loose a station.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-04-02 13:15   
PROTIP: Players cause lag, not AI. Thanks for playing.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-02 13:41   
Quote:

On 2007-04-02 13:15, $yTHe {JedEye} wrote:
PROTIP: Players cause lag, not AI. Thanks for playing.

AI requires a lot of CPU time, and that causes issues server side (like de-sync), which can cause "lag".

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-04-02 13:42 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022353 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR