Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Where did YOU hear about Darkspace?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Where did YOU hear about Darkspace?
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-29 10:07   
Was looking for a elite clone, did a google, came across fileplanet, found elite DS.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-29 10:23   
was lookin for space games on download.com this came up i was hooked

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-29 13:32   
At the time, i had been playing Armada for a few years but was getting tired of it because the community had been deterorating so I had been searching for another game to play. I went to fileplanet and I think DarkSpace was on the front page.

-Flipasaurus Wench-
1st Rear Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-03-29 15:32   
Well, the story begins when I was 10 or 11, my older and younger brother had got me hooked on going to this net cafe and playing on ginormous counter-strike dedicated lan servers. This cafe had a bit of a rivalry with the one where I met the Oshkosh crew at. Everyone always said it smelled bad or something... I dunno... Anyways back to the story...

Unfortunately, the owner started firing all of his best employees, because hes an idiot, and he closed to store down without telling any customers. Soooo, for a while I didn't know what to do... I didn't want to go to this "Web Heaven" because it smelled bad, but I was bored, and my little brother was going there. Eventually I was craving counter strike play, and the internet... Soo.. I hopped on my bike and rode down there.

It was scary, I wont lie... and it DID infact smell, but only when Pathos was there. After the initial. "WTF IS A GIRL DOING HERE ZOMG" etc etc... I got to know the crazy children, and wanted in on whatever they were playing, because you cant play an FPS by yourself... and stuff... Fritz helped me get an account and the rest is history...

Yay?

Goto the website of -Flipasaurus Wench-
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-03-29 17:26   
I found this priceless jewel of a game sitting in the Electronics/Computers section of the Navy Exchange at NAS Lemoore, Lemoore Califoenia. this was back in late 2000. I had just transfered to the base for Security/Law Enforcement Duty and was looking for something to play during my off time.

I have been in love with the game ever since. I still have the original CD and jewel case with insert.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Purple
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-29 17:37   
well i went on google and did a search for mmorpg games and a list came up on one site i went too and i clicked on the beta section cause i love beta games and i saw this and thought it looked cool

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-29 19:01   
I did a search for "Space Strategy Games". Went down the list till I found a description that looked interesting....so I downloaded it, and thought it looked very good...and so I played. (1.481)

Ah, such a good time...I played UGTO for quite a while, until we kept getting defeated time and time again by the much more organized ICC. So, I created my own ICC fleet...which lasted for quite a while till the fleet merger with another, at which point that fleet admin got angry one day and deleted everyone...and so then I joined Raven...and I'll probably be here forever.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-29 19:28   
Was on Gamespy Arcade a couple years back and it was a featured MMORPG.I downloaded it and was hooked.1.481 back then.I came back for 1.483 after a major break because i remembered the game and my account was still intact.Now I spend my time chilling in the loby when i please and retaining my notoriety for jackassery until I decide to resub.Then I'll become serious.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.015117 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR