No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Requesting an Investigation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Requesting an Investigation
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-03-25 11:36   
All sy planets should be locked at leat admiral. Over the past week I have seen an increasing amount of sabotage(sy planets disabled, only food scrapped, etc) and it is really annoying. Never happened before(or at least not like this).

ZetaFiver
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-25 11:39   
First off, no that wasnt a whine Nukey, i was simply stating what occured on detail.If id have whined, something like omgblahblah..this blows..hate you all would have come out.
Secondly, as i said a limitation to captains acces would be best imo. GA and FA i think is too high as those having the rank dont always bug to put back into factories what they took, crash, have to go, simply forget about it or whatever.Everyone does at times. Plus locking all planets i think is currently not neccesary, as mostly newer people rebuild nuked ones. However, the safezone ones should be.
And lastly, i wasnt blaming any faction of beeing the bad guy, nor any player. I simply asked for a look into the serverlogs prior to my report. So the admins/mods get a name to the scrap and nail the person down. I do NOT ask to know who did it or what punishment has been put in place in case of sabotage. In my humble opinion this should be done after each of those safezone scraps, since nukey mentioned its happening on their side too (not homesystem). Given the fact someone makes the effort of reporting it. As they are the lifeline to any factions operations in this version.

If not start now, whats gonna happen when 484 finally hits the floor and safezones are taken out? I dont wanna see everyone go crazy cause each time they log on, their main SY and Modcluster was scrapped. Guess neither do you.

Oh and Sixkiller? Sorry mate, was just an assumption, since you left after i stated that of course the mods are gone now too. No offense
[small][ This Message was edited by: ZetaFiver on 2007-03-25 11:43 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: ZetaFiver on 2007-03-25 11:45 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-03-25 13:06   
well.....I would suggest a new building myself....recycle yard...you only sell to starport high tech/alien tech.........anything else,including minerals......you sell to a recycle yard.As far as locking planets...guess we have to go back to Fleets taking care of thier own and lock at their choice of rank and just forget safezone planets as a "sure thing" mod planet.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-25 15:18   
suggestions:

make items disappear after a specified period of time, so like, if youve got an item in there for a week it just fades away

make items that are over a certain build time or credit value stay in the starports, whereas items under that credit value do not

make basic items not stay, complex items stay

make it so there are 2 levels of planet lock: scrap locking and activity locking, so a scrap-lock would prevent anyone from scrapping a planets structures, whereas an activity lock would stop anyone from doing anything *with* those structures. so a GA could lock a planets scrap but let ppl still buy things from it. to my understanding a lock right now just locks everything

what might also be useful is if it were possible for a players to set the lock rank starting from theres down, so a GA can lock at GA and below, an FA can lock at FA and below but not at GA, etc.

...but... first... get 484 out.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-03-25 15:55   
we've had item decay, it didnt turn out so hot. people werent restocking ports, etc. just generally made it take longer to get a ship equipped and get into combat.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-03-25 17:07   
well thanks to one very kind player, UGTO was stocked with some icc and kluth weapons E.G pulse beams fusion torps from icc and AMJDs AM torps psi missiles psi cannons shreader missiles from the kluth and he even after going shopping for the items he went to the icc factorys and started building their pulse beams and fusion torps to replace the stuff he had taken but he wasnt able to do it with kluth as the planets was locked to GA

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-25 21:57   
We've had a big debate on this before, but I'll give a bit of a summary:

- We can't add item decay, recycle yards, planetary locks not affecting factories, or anything of the like at the moment; that would all require a patch, which as you all too well know is .. not here. However, if you have a brilliant change, feel free to suggest it in our suggestion forum.

- The problem with locking planets at a higher rank is that low ranked players cannot restock starports or use factories; this was an initial problem we had reported when the home planets were owned by a player fleet which then led to our decision to make home planets owned by a staff-controlled fleet and set to unlocked.
Since then, we've had a few debates like this flare up, but there doesn't seem to be a good middle ground with the current game code. Either low ranked players are left out, or there's a possibility of sabotage.
In the past, we've sided on openness and equal opportunity rather than security. To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin, they who would trade liberty for security deserve neither; the staff decided originally that it was better to have a free and open planet with the risk of sabotage than a closed and limited planet mostly free of attacks.

If you think that policy is unwise, feel free to debate it.. we try to generally be accomodating and open to change. Not that we necessarily will change, but we can at least have a debate.

Email Shigernafy
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-03-26 13:51   
Quote:

On 2007-03-25 21:57, Shigernafy wrote:
- The problem with locking planets at a higher rank is that low ranked players cannot restock starports or use factories;

If you are sugesting locking planets remember some people don't care about rank.

to be honust ya it may be a problem worth a debate like shigernafy just said.
the problem or locking people out who are aware of the problem and risks but beeing denied becous the don't have the rank.
the problem of people abusing the game to help a friend or there own to some prestige.
and the problem of negelectable devices stalking up the ports.
THESE are all real but you can never get a fool proof solution.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016181 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR