Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » make darkspace popular
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author make darkspace popular
Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-04 13:15   
OK,

I have read everyones input and I am happy that everyone is taking this problem seriously and agree that something must be done. Some of you have a done a lot in your own little way and that is good but we need to do something powerful as a group. and you are right, we cannot wait for Faustus (he has already done a lot)

but a lot of you guys are also WRONG, this is a GREAT game, it doesn't matter what version it is. We have played this game so long that you guys are picking apart little bits and pieces to get upset with...The next versions improvements are probably going to be nice, sure, but that is just another patch of fixes...What I'm trying to say is the game itself overral is solid, and 5 percent improvement in any area sn't going to make this game SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME AND IRRESTIBLE LIKE OMG 1337!!!!!!111oneone

It has features that other MMOs do not have, and the best fun comes from the bigger campaigns, which were generally lead by the huge capital ships and fleet leaders telling the little guys what to do. What I think PaleStar should focus on in the future are servers, connections, and coding the game to make it support more people on the same metaverse, and PR. NOT gameplay improvements at this time! We need to be able to support more people. I support massive galactic invasions!! Only in DarkSpace can you do this. NO other MMO can touch that.

The tiny development team simply cannot do EVERYTHING on their own. So much has been provided already, most of which 6 or 7 years ago, and its about time we get the word out! So,

I PROPOSE that we create a kind of community PR team, that everybody can join. Somebody good with web sites and hosting stuff please volounteer to help us support DarkSpace. If you are a player of DarkSpace (and you're not new, testing it out and whatnot) it should be unofficially mandatory by the community that you join the team and spread DarkSpace. Supporting DarkSpace is the price of paying until it is so popular that is snowballs. Maybe we could have like a ranking thing and you get more points for whatever you do, like posting info on forums and blogs and newsgroups and youtube and whatnot.

"what have you done for DarkSpace lately" is what you should ask people before you let them in your fleet! Whether it be money or referring people or just plain putting a post on a popular forum, we all need to support DarkSpace and stop wishing about it because Faustus is not the only capable human being involved.

It is just pathetic that far inferior online games have such huge communities, like those textbased games, because they offer rewards to the players for referring people and such.

Please community take action!

Goto the website of Paranius Starsplitter
Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-04 13:22   
By the way, a thought comes to mind that perhaps we could utilise the PALESTAR technology if we get big enough (or just mimic it in a way)

This would allow us to either connect our profiles or create new ones where we can give medals to people for different types of community help, a leaderboard, and points to how they have credited DarkSpace. We could enlist people here to moderate and check/log proof of support and whatnot, and have a forum to plan how to best furhter spread DarkSpace.

The internet would probably be the biggest target, but whats wrong with that, its huge.

But if you guys don't like this idea, than we can organise something else, but we need some kind of official place to plan these things like at least a forum board or something.

edit: we need to be aggressive in spreading DarkSpace!

[ This Message was edited by: Paranius Starsplitter on 2007-03-04 13:28 ]

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-04 13:36   
Here's a way to advertise.Make 484 as good as you can and give me a good OP on how to play Darkspace and why you should play in one post.Also 2 banners that tell what the games about.I can put themon somethingawful forums for like 5 bucks a banner and post an thread about Darkspace in the Games section.2-3 banners would be enough to get good viewing time on SA forums and stand out and especially if the banners are good.

Do that and if the games good enough you'd have more people playing this game.And no goons aren't mean people.They are quite the friendly group in EvE and if we could get something like that going here would be awesome.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-04 13:38   
Quote:

On 2007-03-04 13:36, Cobra 1-1 =SSC= wrote:
Here's a way to advertise.Make 484 as good as you can and give me a good OP on how to play Darkspace and why you should play in one post.Also 2 banners that tell what the games about.I can put themon somethingawful forums for like 5 bucks a banner and post an thread about Darkspace in the Games section.2-3 banners would be enough to get good viewing time on SA forums and stand out and especially if the banners are good.

Do that and if the games good enough you'd have more people playing this game.And no goons aren't mean people.They are quite the friendly group in EvE and if we could get something like that going here would be awesome.

That is 1 AWESOME idea, but just 1 of many things we should begin!

Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-07 05:34   
okay what nobody wants to talk about this anymore??

we need more players !!!!

Memphis
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-14 06:21   
If you want a little game to become popular, it must be partialy free like Runescape.

Runescape is the fourth MMORPG (http://www.mmogchart.com) and look at the screen (http://www.runescape.com), its hugly and in a very small resolution!

In Runescape you only pay to have access to recent content.

[ This Message was edited by: Memphis on 2007-03-14 07:40 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-03-14 08:45   
you may have noticed, but this isnt runescape

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-03-14 08:58   
what doran said, and this game is partially free. you can play the game for free, but you have to pay for the extra content, and to have prestige.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Memphis
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-14 09:08   
but its just a demo

[ This Message was edited by: Memphis on 2007-03-14 11:19 ]

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-14 11:48   
Quote:

I think that the the community aspect will appear to older gamers - those that don't want 14 year olds running around going "PWNED!!!!111111".

umm im about that age i dont go orund screaming PWNED!!!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-03-14 11:52   
it doesnt have to be exactly in those words.
So pretty much, you fit his description:P

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-14 11:56   
well not really if your nice to me you can have a very intelligent conversation with me but not if you say HAHAH YOUR STATS ARE CRAP HAHAHAH cos that gets on my wick... i am an alright guy seriously...

[ This Message was edited by: |HMS Blueprint| (Admins Scare Me) on 2007-03-14 11:59 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-14 13:15   
You do tend to ramble on quite a bit in the lobby But that's off-topic for this thread.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2007-03-14 15:26 ]

sorryscotty
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-14 15:49   
hmm *cough* unban some players that didnt really need banning , n lighten up abit , most paying game players in australia for instance arent 10-12 , theyre 18-164 , like coombie , whos actually 98 & a day...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-14 16:45   
Quote:

On 2007-03-04 13:15, Paranius Starsplitter wrote:
...The next versions improvements are probably going to be nice, sure, but that is just another patch of fixes...What I'm trying to say is the game itself overral is solid, and 5 percent improvement in any area sn't going to make this game SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME AND IRRESTIBLE LIKE OMG 1337!!!!!!111oneone

The next patch will make or break the game. The gameplay aspect right now destroys a fair margin of DS's fun factor.

If you think its good now - you should have seen it when it was better.

I can only say, with as much truthfullness as I could possibly pour into a single sentence, that this is no mere fix. No mere 5 percent improvement. This is a patch, that depending on how well it is, will either lift DS above the clouds or destroy it beyond repair.

Again - make or break. Its on the razors edge, and its fate rests on the faith of our developers and Faustus.

I sitll say nay to a PR team.. not yet. I want to see DS popular, but they need to see a game that is at least a fifth of its potential, even a tenth. What is now is no where near close to what it could be. And unlike that faithful oldies that inhabit this game, not many newer players would have the patience for it.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030952 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR