No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fleet Wars Tournament
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Wars Tournament
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-03 19:12   
I think my fleet should participate!

Email Light-of-Aurora
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-03 22:52   
how long til this starts ? and how many fleet s are u hoping to get

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-03 22:54   
17) The battle begins when any two opposing vessels reach 1000 GU from each other. No shots be fired until this occurs.

Suggestion: Battle should be begin when both judges agree that both sides are ready (one judge checks each side)

Reason: 1k gu is not a long enough range. Missle ships become useless, unless their behiind the front lines

2.5k gu jump, now your missile ships are getting fired upon by enemy ships. Wow, what fun.

I suggest raising the limit to 3k, or even 5k gu. This way it would take at least two <2.5kgu jumps to reach your enemy. A lot of strategy could go into placement of troops - just as important as the troops themselves.

I am also a bit unliking the cloak limit - 40 seconds is nothing. And what if they uncloak for onesecond, then recloak? is the timer "reset"? Is their a timer? etc.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:03   
Quote:

On 2007-03-03 22:54, Fattierob (2x Distortion Field) wrote:

2.5k gu jump, now your missile ships are getting fired upon by enemy ships. Wow, what fun.

I suggest raising the limit to 3k, or even 5k gu. This way it would take at least two <2.5kgu jumps to reach your enemy. A lot of strategy could go into placement of troops - just as important as the troops themselves.

2.5 k should be fine i think or maybe 3k but 5k is too much. but whatever just my opinion

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:12   
Quote:

On 2007-03-03 22:54, Fattierob (2x Distortion Field) wrote:

That's why it is any 2 vessels (one on either side). Missiles vessels can hang back.

Quote:

I am also a bit unliking the cloak limit - 40 seconds is nothing. And what if they uncloak for onesecond, then recloak? is the timer "reset"? Is their a timer? etc.

the rule states 40 seconds within any 2 minute period. that means within any 2 minute bracket, it cannot have more than 40 seconds total cloaked. uncloaking for 1 second does not circumvent this rule and they would be in violation of it.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:29   
Hm... change the cloaking limit to being "Whenever the judges deem that the amount of time cloaked is unreasonable."

That is, staying cloaked just to repair, and so on.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:30   
I think it aught to go with the old Fleet Wars rules.

Have basic set of rules (Arena size and other things), but let the fleets decided on the fight itself. Each ship would be based on points, etc..

Each team would start with 1000 points, and the ones who had the most at the end of a set time would be the winners..

Meh.

Email Supertrooper
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:40   
I think a better idea would be to turn the tournament into different sections to avoid factional imballances due to ship limitation. So I suggest making 3 tournaments and an over all ranking. So there would be a ugto v ugto tournament, icc v icc tournament, and kluth v kluth tournament. All modding and upgrading would simply be prohibited, because the compromising for cross factional imballances wouldnt be necessary.

I think the overall tournament should work this way. All fleets that participate will have an averaging on their performances in each tournament. In case that fleet does not participate in a specific tournament they will get a score of all fleets that participate in any of the tourny +1 for the specific tournament.
Quote:
Ex: fleet A scores: 10th in icc tourny, 12th in kluth tourny, and doesnt join the ugto tourny. (a total of 20 fleets participate in the tournaments)
they would get a total score: (10+12+21)/3= 14.33

Fleets will be ranked by the resulting calculated score from the highest score being last to the lowest being first.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-03 23:47   
I like Doda's Idea..

Email Supertrooper
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-04 01:07   
surprisingly, I do too. Simple and undeniably balanced. I will remod the rules into something like that. It will make the Tournament 3 times longer but I have no problem with that.

Good thinking Doda. This is why you are EP5 and not just P5...

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-04 01:17   
Quote:

On 2007-03-03 19:12, [AÐ]Light-of-Aurora wrote:
I think my fleet should participate!

You and what army?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-04 03:27   
Quote:

On 2007-03-03 23:40, doda *EP5* (Exceptions Exceptions) wrote:
I think a better idea would be to turn the tournament into different sections to avoid factional imballances due to ship limitation. So I suggest making 3 tournaments and an over all ranking. So there would be a ugto v ugto tournament, icc v icc tournament, and kluth v kluth tournament. All modding and upgrading would simply be prohibited, because the compromising for cross factional imballances wouldnt be necessary.

I think the overall tournament should work this way. All fleets that participate will have an averaging on their performances in each tournament. In case that fleet does not participate in a specific tournament they will get a score of all fleets that participate in any of the tourny +1 for the specific tournament.
Quote:
Ex: fleet A scores: 10th in icc tourny, 12th in kluth tourny, and doesnt join the ugto tourny. (a total of 20 fleets participate in the tournaments)
they would get a total score: (10+12+21)/3= 14.33

Fleets will be ranked by the resulting calculated score from the highest score being last to the lowest being first.

This idea is wonderful, I just dont think there are enough active fleets for every faction to suit this.

-Ent

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-04 11:05   
Every fleet in the Tournament would fight in all three factions' ships, ent. It would be everyone in UGTO ships, followed by everyone in ICC ships and then everyone in Kluth vessels. Essentially, there would be 3 tournaments. I am gonna remod the tournament now.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-04 11:44   
well each fleet playing all 3 faction i dont like. i think it was fine before where each fleet played their own faction

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-03-04 11:50   

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint (Recruiting) on 2007-03-04 12:06 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022310 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR