No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Am i alone?
 Author Am i alone?
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-02-22 17:34   
Am i alone in wanting a Sandbox, gta style game set in a Sci Fi world where you can travel the star's in your own space ship and just kinda do what you want in space? or if there is one and i missed it plz tell me so i can look it up

Cuisinart
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-22 18:44   
I think that independence war 2 and X3 reunion both allow that and give you a missions if you choose to do them...

Ship-Of-Fools™
Commander

Posted: 2007-02-22 20:43   
sounds like Freelancer Online, with discovery Mod

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-22 20:59   
X3 is what you need.

Email Supertrooper
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-22 21:05   
Freelancer Online? Sounds interesting... I would suggest Independence War 2 before X3, on the grounds that I-War 2 is more accessible and is more cohesive and polished, but its also nowhere near the size of X3 in what you can do and where you can go.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-22 21:36   
CUISINART!

OMG HUGZ

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-02-22 22:46   
okie dokes i got X3 but my comp can't handel it atm >.> and i'm still w8ing on my friend to get me freelancer, but i'll look up those other games for sure, thanks guys

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-23 14:16   
Freelancer is $9 at yer local EB Games XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-02-24 10:46   
As Cuisinart comes out of nowhere...

Spore is your answer, man.

-Dem

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-02-24 11:04   
IWar2 is good if you are wanting a more story driven game. it has sandbox elements, but where you can go is very much defined by where you are in the campaign.

X2 and X3 differ markedly in that you can choose to ignore the story entirely and just play. They don't have great tutorials but for sandbox game-play and empire building they are pretty much unrivaled. X3 also has a number of available mods that can add an enormous amount of additional immersion into the game.

Goto the website of Drafell
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-24 13:21   
There was a pretty cool game I used to play called Mankind. it was an online mmog RTS in space. it was kind of cumbersome and by todays standards the graphics were very ugly.

I would like to see a game like Homeworld, in an mmog format. Just have a giant freaking space with dozens of systems. have it set up so that even with a massive fleet at your disposal, exploring even a single system could take months. As a bonus, you could add ground operations with a C&C styled map.

That would be so sweet, imagine, your fleet is running low on some precious resource, you are in orbit of some giant moon with a mining crew on the surface, some hostile fleet shows up, you are fighting in space trying to allow your surface teams time to escape back to a tranny, the enemy is thinking he needs to cap that tranny and capitalize on all the hard work your harvesting crew has been doing....

Have the game be completely open ended, with player driven alliances and political systems.

Even without the surface units, even if play were restricted to space battles only (like Homeworld), it would still be sweet. Homeworld on a massive online scale would be a dangerous addiction

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-02-24 22:47   
Quote:

On 2007-02-24 13:21, .spaivxx. wrote:
There was a pretty cool game I used to play called Mankind. it was an online mmog RTS in space. it was kind of cumbersome and by todays standards the graphics were very ugly.

I would like to see a game like Homeworld, in an mmog format. Just have a giant freaking space with dozens of systems. have it set up so that even with a massive fleet at your disposal, exploring even a single system could take months. As a bonus, you could add ground operations with a C&C styled map.

That would be so sweet, imagine, your fleet is running low on some precious resource, you are in orbit of some giant moon with a mining crew on the surface, some hostile fleet shows up, you are fighting in space trying to allow your surface teams time to escape back to a tranny, the enemy is thinking he needs to cap that tranny and capitalize on all the hard work your harvesting crew has been doing....

Have the game be completely open ended, with player driven alliances and political systems.

Even without the surface units, even if play were restricted to space battles only (like Homeworld), it would still be sweet. Homeworld on a massive online scale would be a dangerous addiction

/me drools...

Page created in 0.019273 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR