No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.5 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Oh Noes, Earth is dying!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Oh Noes, Earth is dying!
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-15 14:14   
lol, didnt the dodo go extinct a LONG time before humans popped up

Captain Splendid
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 14:46   
Quote:

On 2007-02-15 14:14, Prada wrote:
lol, didnt the dodo go extinct a LONG time before humans popped up

No. Humans found them on Mauritius, tried eating them, not that tasty. So in the end pigs (actual pigs) just ruined all their nests and they died out.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-20 04:24   
So, what can Evolution learn from it?

Wanna see it alive? Make it taste like chicken.

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-20 04:46   
OH for pete sake the likely hood is taht humans will have moved to another planet or live on space stations we arent stupid enough to stay here for good when we have da technology may move from earth we will outlive the earth.. depends what you belive religion, the evolution and the fact we are killin the planet... its like you move house if its not habitable anymore dont u??? and as for the dodo... we are a little clever than them we develop theories languages.. and belive we come back or try to make it better for ourselves even develop conspiracies we work at it life gets better not worse we live into treble figures 300 years ago that wasnt deemed possible.. why not work withh what u have, as veron siad we should care for the sake of our kids and grandkids.. not everything is doom and gloom..... spend all your life not seein the point then why have a life.....
why be given a chance to make a difference.... cos thats what we can do make a difference.... stop bein so sad be happy we have all dis stuf technology space is the begginin , we will never know everything... but its nice to hope... the truth doesnt ALWAYS have to hurt.. and i challenge anyone who says it does.... put aside the fact i mirv and my stats and read whats been said... besides if reincarnation is true.. then we keep fighting to keep our race goin we arent the best but not the most rubbish race either.. show mother nature WE MEAN BUISINESS.

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint (Recruiting) on 2007-02-20 04:57 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2007-02-20 05:14   
and the short version.

All changes start with the small things YOU do !!!

Think about that next time you leave the light in your house on all day, forget to turn of your PC when leaving your desk or think that an Hummer is the best car in the world to go buy

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-20 05:34   
How is any of this any news? I'm pretty sure around the time Earth ends we will be long gone away from it. All other species become extent because they aren't intelligent enough to develop the technelogy to survive nature. If we caused it then we did it out of survival. Using the Dodo as a food source. Killing other animals for own preservation, and I don't know about you but a damn animal is gonna die for me to live.

I'm sure once we do leave Earth and begin a futuristic era. The planet will only be reminbered in the history books as the "Birth Place" or "Our Paradise." Humanity is a strong, intelligent, and unique race that is why we exsist. We used technolegy to survive the odds, raged wars to keep our national order, and used our resources to keep nature from doing to us what it has done to other living creatures. So what if we are destroying other things to keep our species alive. Think about this would you like a Dodo to live instead of you? I for one would have that thing in the bottom of my stomach if anything.

Population won't exactly become a problem because people die everyday. Either be sickness, killed by another human, some freak accident.

Our planet is polluted now, but there are many ways we can fix that problem.

Sure there are gonna be wars in the future. Most likely a war that will unite mankind under one nation. Possibley even nuclear in some cases where the destruction of humanity is threatened. In conclusion we will always come up with some solution to our survival. One day we may become extinct, and I'm highly sure that is a day where we allow it.

If the possibility that there is some sort of alien life(note when you see the word alien doesn't mean they are intelligent), and we have to either work with or against them one thing is for sure. We will look at our possibilities and take the correct action. If being war to preserve humanity against destruction. Then to survive, I believe we would do it. Wouldn't you if you wanted to live?

[ This Message was edited by: Guyton on 2007-02-20 05:46 ]

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-20 14:05   
space nerds

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-20 15:32   
Bring it. Bring the end to this big mess. Were it within my power to do so I would have done so already with zero hesitation. If Staples had an EZ button labeled "Press to destroy all creation" then it would be pressed. I am not joking. I mean if I were to do so, who would be around to whine or complain about it anyway?

LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2007-02-20 15:57   
I didn't realize there were so many philosophical minds amongst the DS playerbase.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-20 18:34   
correction from earlier: earths rotation is slowing down, it used to be a 10 hour day or something, somebody said, its slowed to 24 hours (more time = less speed)

on the whole humanity thing,

humanity has a reasonable chance of survival in the long run. were already in space, if we really needed to we could gear the entire planet towards building a big spaceship to leave the solar system with, complete with a mini-ecosystem to grow food with etc. scientists already know theres some planets in nearby (haha! near...) solar systems that look like they might have water. its feasible, just not worth dishing out the cash for right now.

in the *extra* long run, eventually the universe will reach the state where molecular bonds are impossible and all matter will disintegrate into particals of nothingness, a cosmos-spanning cloud of bits of nothing.

on that note, only something like 25% of the sky is being actively monitored for asteroids etc. so technically speaking we could be wiped off the map... NOW... or... NOW... any second really. were long overdue for a catastrophic impact i think.

the new battlestar galactica asked a really, really good question though:

do we deserve to survive?

given that our global society allows attrocities like Rwanda to happen without batting an eye, and commits absolutely ludicrous acts upon eachother almost daily, id say probably not. it will take a long time for our society to develop to the state where we do deserve our survival.

[ This Message was edited by: Lark of Serenity on 2007-02-20 18:40 ]

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-20 18:56   
Of course, what is ludicrous and what is not, what is evil and what is good, what is deserving and what is not are all human concepts.

If we 'deserve' to live, we will. If we don't, we'll probably die. Perhaps being 'deserving' is the very fact that you survive.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-20 19:05   
maybe, but if theres a general universal concept that we can base our deserving on does that judgement have validity to it?

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-20 19:48   
Life is like a cup of cosmic hot chocolate. Even if you drop the Spoon of Chaos and disrupt the Frothy Whirl of Life, things will balance out until the Whirl is smooth and calm again. However, without such Spoons of Chaos, the Frothy Whirl would slowly shrink and disappear, leaving the Cosmic Chocolate lifeless.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-02-20 19:49 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-20 22:09   
once again proving that Sard has far, far too much time on his hands.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-20 23:15   
I say we deserve to live due to our accomplishments.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.041681 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR