No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » EVE developer "cheats"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author EVE developer "cheats"
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-10 01:34   
First of all, never believe the EvE-O forums, ever. To full of crap. The BoB members usually agree to everything. Go to the Website I sent you. That's about as close to the truth as you can get, seeing as all the posters there arn't like the EvE-O crowd. Sythe, you forgot one thing, you've been away from EvE for awhile. BoB has gotten better since then, and picked up alot more hate. It's quite funny.

On topic though, it seems most sites, like slashdot and such, are portraying kug(The hacker who let everything out) as a maytr. Simply because he got banned. (Even though how he went about everything was illegal, and the fact that he had logged into other players accounts.) Would have been a wise move by CCP to ban him after they had the blogs posted.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-10 04:43   
well, was interesting to read:)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-10 04:43   
So... its okay that a player that exposes bad things is banned...

Bad if the largest alliance in the game makes money off of original T2 BPOs...

Sorry I just have a hard time believing they just "happened" to recieve TWO original T2 BPOs from one player and thats somehow "normal everyday gameplay"...yeah right. Thats so loaded a shotgun would have to keep up with you.

It matters not anyways if they didnt know they were simply spawned. If a friend of yours stole money from the government and gave you $10,000,000, and you get caught. Tough. Its you're fault for not finding out how it was aquired and whether or not it was illegally so. I would seriously question at least their sanity before accepting something like that.

Comon! This isnt like being handed a couple battleships for christs sake. These are BPOs worth billions. You don't just toss that around like candy, huge alliance or no. Thats serious business.

Its like the difference between handing a friend of yours a $10 bill cause you had a huge paycheck and handing your friend a million dollars cause you won million dollars in the lottery.

This offense isnt just something you can shrug off that its untrue, or its okay or its nothing serious simply because there are a few good oranges in a tree of bad apples. Its like in DS terms... its like its no less the same if Shigernafy spawned 100 planets in the corner of the MV, moved every mirver there, and told them to bomb them with 32 structures, inf, 100 pop, and no defence.

Yeah. As that would have the potential to totally destroy what community there is left here, if what happened in BoB was not exposed for a very long time and the amount of money made from it known, you could expect the same thing.

Honestly, I applaud kug. Rooting out corruption 4tw. Can't stand it.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-10 09:25   
Yeah, Rev is a BoB Fanboi..

Email Supertrooper
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-10 11:44   
maybe rev was paid by BOB

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-10 12:53   
BoB is public enemy number one in eve, but ent is right a light punishement for that person who KNOW the rule by heart is not saying anything for the players that play eve.

Has of BoB being cheaters i think not. They are a ton of old players in that alliance that work well together which is why they control 50% of non-empire space.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-10 13:22   
Well, Ent summed up the whole BoB cheating part.

They knew, yet didnt say anything, about how those BPOs found themselves in their possesion, and they planned on using them to get an unfair advantage on other alliances.

Yeah, go BoB.

Email Supertrooper
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2007-02-10 17:15   
Stop talking about EVE. It sucks.

Email Ramius
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-10 17:46   
Want us to talk about how Druids shouldnt get flying mounts at 68 then, Rami? =)

Email Supertrooper
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-10 18:14   
BoB didn't know how the BPOs were gotten. As far as RKK (The corp holding the BPOs) knew, they were gotten legally. The Malediction BPO was actually gotten legally, and is still in RKK holding, the other BPOs were removed. Only one of which has any real worth, being a ship BPO. T20 could have atleast gone big, and gotten a Vaga or Cerb BPO. More info is here. http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=473490&page=1

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-10 18:25   
So..

"Hey Look, we magicaly got original T2 BPOs? Must have been totaly legal!"

^ Thats what happend?

Also, that link doesnt say much. Other then that CCP has no proof that any else knew that the BPOs where stolen, it doesnt say that they actualy didnt know.

A friend of a theif can say "Oh, I didnt know he stole them, I swear" and get away with that.

[ This Message was edited by: |$in| on 2007-02-10 18:29 ]

Email Supertrooper
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-11 01:01   
Quote:

On 2007-02-10 18:25, |$in| wrote:
So..

"Hey Look, we magicaly got original T2 BPOs? Must have been totaly legal!"

^ Thats what happend?

Also, that link doesnt say much. Other then that CCP has no proof that any else knew that the BPOs where stolen, it doesnt say that they actualy didnt know.

A friend of a theif can say "Oh, I didnt know he stole them, I swear" and get away with that.

Yes. I mean, if you were given T2 BPOs, would your first thought be, "He cheated to get them"? Anyone would think they were obtained legally. The Corp members shouldn't be banned for this, which is what people are asking for. Also, if RKK members knew, Kug would have been all over it with proof. The only thing that was known, was that T20 was a Dev, and not everyone knew that,

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-11 01:12   
Yeah, I wouldnt suspect a damn thing if someone gave me free T2 BPOs.

/sarcasm

Email Supertrooper
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-11 02:35   
A reasonable persons first reaction when given something that valuable should be...

Why am I being given this?

Okay not a bad question. And really the answer counts, but then you ask

How did you aquire this?

That SHOULD be your second question with something valuable.

I mean REALLY valuable.

Does it matter whether one was worth more than the other? No. The fact is they are both equally rare - and equally have value. Original T2 BPos.

Thats not like being given free candy.

Thats like being given a $500,000 car. With a credit card to do whatever you want with.

Yeah, I'd start asking questions.

So in honesty? Yes thats specualtion. But you know what, thats what they should have done. But you know, I have the feeling that if they really did know that they were illegally obtained - and given the information they have accepted other things that are not exactly 'honest'...

They'd probably have taken it anyways. Which as we see.. they did. They took them. Whether or not they knew it was illegally obtained is ub to speculation, but an honest person would have questioned its legality at the least.

Yes I'm a cynic. And I know the worst in people - and people are very greedy. Up to the point they get caught, and suddenly its not 'their fault'. Still, I only see slaps on their wrist in the future.

-Ent

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-11 02:59   
They wouldn't suspect it, due to the fact T20s char had been in game for 4 years or so(Little less I believe). He had been in RKK for quite awhile. The free BPO thing might have caused a red flag...but, seeing as he was such an old and respected char, it didn't really click. The reason he left the BPOs, is because he was having rl problems or something, but he left an alt in the corp, so he could get them back whenever in a since.

There is also the fact that he gave them some pretty crappy BPOs(Though probably not crappy to the regular Joe, they are to me, and most others atleast, thank the nerfs.). The Sabre one is pretty much the only useful BPO in the lot, as far as they go. Now, if he had given them the top of the line BPOs, I'm pretty sure they would have wondered, but accepted anyways(As you said, greed is very strong). The main point, is that the corp members should not be banned for accepting the BPOs. Even if they asked, the guy would have lied. To be honest, Virtu might have more info, as he is part of RKK.

I'd rather get back on topic though. The main thing is, what else has been done? Do other GMs/Devs do this often? The only other instance recently, was a ISD/Gm spawning top of the line items, worth billions, on his friend/other char. The person that killed him was actually banned.(Later unbanned.) There should be more info soon. Kug is not happy, I wouldn't be suprised if CCP suddenly was getting hit by a ton of DOS attacks and stuff. Yay for living in a country which allows that.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018495 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR