No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » EVE developer "cheats"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author EVE developer "cheats"
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-09 17:11   
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=473335&page=1

Interesting read for those of you who are interested in gaming politics and such.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-09 17:18   
your like gloating over this atm right?

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-09 17:32   
T20 wasn't fired, as he should have been. Of course, the whole reason this came out, was because of one persons "hacking" in alliance forums and such. He showed who the devs player chars were. Turned out to be a good thing. Kug(The hacker, who actually breaks a ton of laws, but due to living in indonesia, get's away with it) was banned, along with his 5 chars for this. Should see more info popping up soon. I'd give a site with a ton of info, but, seeing as this forum that it's posted on has swearing, the mods would probably prefer if I didn't. : P
Edit: Added wasn't. : P

[ This Message was edited by: -RevenG- on 2007-02-09 17:37 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-09 17:51   
BoB are cheaters, plain and simple.

I came into EvE, and found out ALOT of people hated BoB. After my first month or two, I heard alot of stories of what they do and why they are hated..

Email Supertrooper
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-09 18:10   
BoB are cheaters? Uhh, no crim. BoB are not cheaters. So, they had one dev, who ended up giving them BPOs, that he spawned for his own benefit. RKK didn't know they were gotten illegaly. Don't listen to all the Hate BoB drama and Tinfoil. BoB is simply an alliance filled with top of the line PvPers, so of course they beat everything(And everyone whines.). BoB does not cheat, plain and simple.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-09 18:20   
Rev is BoB fanboi! Lynch him!

-Ent

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-09 19:46   
BoB top of the line? Lulz, were you in TRW with us Rev? I know they're good, but the old FE, and 5, and G and IRON > BoB

P.S. LV FTW!

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-09 20:31   
Yeah.. rev.. No.

Email Supertrooper
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-02-09 20:32   
The bit I am most interested in is the apparent Cynonet 'sharing'.

Now that they do have names to start from, it doesn't take a great deal of effort to trace each IP address used on an account, the times logged in and out, plot them on google maps and notice the glaringly obvious impossibility of players flying 400 miles in less than 30 mins and then logging back in.

It's labour intensive, but not precisely rocket science.

There is also a certain level of hypocrisy given that the "non-negotiable penalty of termination" for the developers action has in fact been negotiated down to a slap on the wrist. It is that point which is breaking a fair amount of trust between the player base and the publishers, and there is only one real solution the company can consider if it is to maintain a semblance of following it's own rules.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-02-09 20:42 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-09 20:56   
I dont think Developers should have an account ingame, or atleast in Corps. Theres always the chance they could do something like that, or worse..

Email Supertrooper
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-02-09 21:14   
Actually, in a game like EvE with the level of complexity involved, it would be very difficult to properly balance and predict the outcome of changes if they did NOT play the game to it's full extent. To know what will and won't work you have to have an extremely good feel and understanding of the actual gameplay, and all the subtle nuances of interactions between all the game elements and mechanics. No amount of paper based examination can give you the same feedback as playing on a live server.

Barring Devs from playing on the live servers is probably one of the most stupid mistakes a development house can make.

Goto the website of Drafell
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-09 21:50   
Which is why I added they atleast shouldnt be allowed in Corps, which well.. These things happen..

Email Supertrooper
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-10 00:59   
Sythe, all the old players moved corps. BoB at current, has no real rivals. (Except for the the 7 alliances VS BoB thing.) Crim, BoB don't cheat. You can't accuse them all of it because of one dev gone bad.

Ent, I'm not a BoB Fanboy. The only alliance I actually like, is IAC, and my alliance. I merely have a couple frinds who are in BoB, who are some of the best guys you could hope to meet on EvE.

Draf, you're dead right on the not alloweing devs to play issue. News is, all the CCP Brass(The head guys) were on vacation, so they were taking it slowly. He isn't being fired, because he was punished once. Should fire him anyways, like they did with the others. It sets a bad example if they don't.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-10 01:04   
I'm not accusing just because of the Dev, theres a few other reasons. Go read a few links posted in the EvE forums posted about BoB, with BoB players confessing to things..

Email Supertrooper
Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-10 01:33   
BoB spawn faster than Massive Attack NPC's but drop a thousand times better loot. I have killed so many of them that it isnt even funny. If they were really "cheating", I dont think that I could have killed all of them, considering I had alot of close-call situations with them.

So just cut it. They are players just like everyone else.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020304 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR