No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Energy Explosion Torpedos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Energy Explosion Torpedos
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-14 17:34   
Draf.. Mandible doesnt have an SI

Siphon bud.

Email Supertrooper
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 17:14   
Appart from the minor booboo from Draf there (SI's on the Siphon, nubcaken). He's right about them being signifcantly tuned down (because of limited armour levels on smaller ships). So they won't be as uber in the next version (against larger ships), although they won't be as effective against larger ships, and because of that, they'll obviously cost less energy. But rest easy, as we'll tweak and tune them as much as we can to get them where we think is a good place.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-17 04:16   
Take. Them. Off.

Takethemoff.

EAD doesnt need it. AD doesnt need it. Siphon doesnt need it.

They don't need it.

Throw them away.

Toss it in the trash.

Piss on it and rip it apart.

It concept should be burned to ash and spread amongs the stars.

This is an EX-concept.

It needs to die.

Get the hint? Core weapons are useless. Read: u-s-e-l-e-s-s. Think about it. The only way it could be considered useful is if they really DID maintain a sense of individuality, but basically being a seperate kind of weapon.

Such as, the QST being replaced as a Quantium Singularity Beam, having a longer range and doing more damage than a Heavy CL, at close range, but costing a little more energy.

And the ICC IC could be the Ion Rail Cannon, which lliterally launched a huge artillery shell, doing moderate amount of damage, having a long recharge time and little energy drain.

And the Kluth SI is for all intents and purposes, pretty stable as it is.

But these are just the ramblings of a sleeping man. Ill prolly read this when I wake up, wondering "What the hell was I thinking?"

-Ent

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-19 04:07   
I don't know what the hell Ent is smoking, but I get a lot of good use out of IC on my AD, and will truely be sad if it is removed. The Pro/Con of IC is that about 75% of the time, it is the wrong time to fire it. So you're stuck in a heavily armored ship with fewer weapons than most other dreads, but you still have that ace in the hole that you need to wait and prepare for, but more than that you need to have the skill to compensate for the enemy's superior firepower and the fact that they will be expecting an IC, which means they'll be doing everything possible to stay in your baffels, and will be ready to jump the frak outa there should they show some red hull to you.

Lets review. IC equipped ADs - less firepower, predictable firing tactics, but if played well & timed right, can turn the tide of battle.

While obviously we need to wait and see how it plays out in Beta, I expect that with things scaled properly, core weapons will either make or break a superdread pilot, which in turn will make or break an offensive.

/You just don't like it 'cause you can't spacebar mash all the time at full throttle! *snicker*

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-19 06:22   
ofcourse you like your IC, its the most powerfull weapon in the game

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-19 19:42   
QST is Six, QST is.

Email Supertrooper
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-22 05:42   
the system damage from the IC is immense, plus it has a big splash range with little (none?) falloff.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-22 16:46   
IC is more deadly over time, but if your about 50% armor and 80% hull, you'll sure hate the QST..

Email Supertrooper
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-22 16:54   
Ion Cannon is the most powerful core weapon.

And I agree Ent, as they stand, they need to be removed. Instead, we're going to try tone them down a lot, and make them more useable on the battle-class stations. As they stand now, they can insta-pop smaller ships, and with lower level armor, they could probably insta pop destroyer and below 100% of the time, and take cruisers down to 50-70% hull.

They're most deffinately being toned down. To what level, I have no idea.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-02-22 20:18   
you see a shining blue light coming to you... RUUUUUN! XD

( QST FTW!!)

i like the idea of making the superdreads like the way they used to be, with pwnagebeams and torpedoes out the wazoo.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-23 15:06   
my 2 cents, Replace the core weapon on the FA Class Dreads with some sort of Powerful Beam other than an HCL dunno what yet hmm

Email GothThug {C?}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-23 15:42   
If we where to replace Core Weapons with something, I believe 3-5 more full or forward arc'd weapons would be excellent..

I still want them gone

Email Supertrooper
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-24 10:14   
Assault Dreads have a higher level cap than normal dreads, hence, even with the same loadout, they'll still be more powerful.

Adding more weapons won't solve anything, clever design will.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-02-25 02:51   
Maybe you are all drunk.

Okay listen.

Every (read: EVERY) Assault Dreadnought is around the concept of close range damage.

Okay, now try to fit THAT concept, around the Core Weapons.

See what I mean?

Long range insta high damage weapon doesn't belong on a close range high damage ship. It just doesnt work. They're supposed to hop in close, and rip in a huge amount of damage.

Core Weapons hinder that. They drain an immense amount of power and their only 'use' is as as "fatality" - doing a bulk of large hull damage to the target to incapacitate or kill.

Should. Not. Be. On. Assault. ships.

Period.

Maybe a station. Or a specially designed artillery dreadnought.

Something.

Not these ships.

They don't work together.

And yes, I'm a spacebar masher in close quarters combat, thats really what its about, you need to send everything into your enemy (unless you're too close then you smack the lasers and cannons and nothing else).

Seriously though. If you got rid of core weapons, I would not weep for them. I would through a GTFO party for them.

If you nerf them, the point of them is gone.

If you buff them. they're too strong.

If you leave them the same, every assault ship is gonna need alot more power.

Dont. Keep. Them.

Please.

I didn't like them before the patch. I didn't like them after the patch. I still don't like them. They're the only things in the game I absolutely hate. Besides shipyards and wormholes.

-Ent

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-07 01:38   
Core weapons work great, they are perfect small ship killers. I honestly dont think they need to remove, yes they basicly i hit any small ship, but honestly small ships dont do any damage to large ships, so whats the point of even having a small ship attempt to fight a large ship. Many people have trouble using the Core weapons because they use it at a bad time so they hate it, heck I hate it too. But do you really need to remove it? I think no. Rather than removing it it can be altered to better suit the purpose of the ship, for example core weapons and dreads could get their range decreased but energy drain decreased too.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019557 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR