No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » An Idea I have borrowed from another game
 Author An Idea I have borrowed from another game
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-28 19:32   

Ok I am not sure if this would be an option or not but I am going to suggest it and see what you think.

Ok as there are 3 factions on this game I was wondering if there could be a thing like the following.

On totally random times the system would make lets say a satelite appear in or near a factions home system. The object of the thing is for the faction the satelite belongs to, to defend the satelite.

The other 2 factions have to try to destroy the satelite. Now everyone will know it has been created because a system msg will have been made to everyone in the game.

If the satelite is sucessfully defended everyone on the faction that it belongs to that are in the system it is in would get lets say 50 - 100 pres.

If the satelite is destroyed everyone one the faction that was sucessful in destroying the thing who are also in the same system as it would get 50 - 100 pres.

Now the satelite can have its own defences if you want or it can have nothing at all.

As I said above the spawning of the satelite would be completely random and it could be in any one of the 3 factions.

I dont know if this would work or if people would even want something like this but I have noticed on the game I am borrowing the general idea from when the object spawns people have fun defending and trying to destroy it.

EDELWEISS
Captain

Posted: 2007-01-29 12:45   
If it's implied that players must be online to gain the bonus prestige, I like the idea.

I don't know how DS works, so I'm clueless as to how difficult implementation will be.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-29 14:14   
Interesting, actually. o.O I like how little the prestige gain actually is.

I think that players should have to be in the system at the time and be within a reasonable distance of its destruction to be credited also.

Also by random, it should only be able to occur if there are at least ten people on every faction capable of attacking or defending their 'sattilite', and it can only happen at maxiumum once every 12 hours - and only sometimes, so it might not appear at all for several days or twice in one day.

I also wouldn't mind seeing random encounters too, like planets rebelling for no good reason and attempting to expand; pirate attacks, mir attacks, gafien infestations, etc. Just a little bit of random life in the MV other than players, with as little prestige gained from them as possible.

Of course, that would be good for some other patch. Not this one, of course.

-Ent

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-30 20:42   
This could very easily be incorperated once missions are reinstated. Once they are, there's always the possibility we'll turn to the playerbase for ideas for missions and such.

I like the idea, though, on a whole.

- Lyed

Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-03 14:02   
Another idea is to have a new facility which helps prevent and cure plagues. Also they should allow very heavily armored ships that are huge, fast, heavily shielded, and able to build and launch swarms and swarms of special fighters. They are, bombers; useful for taking out other ships like the one that I'm suggesting with a miniature particle cannon and heavy armor. Mid-fighters which are faster, can drop bombs which do 1/2 the damage of bombs from a bomber, and also small laser cannons used for taking out other fighters but have less armor than the bomber, the bombs are part missle and they locked on but not as fast as a fighter; they are slower to turn and have a cerain range. Then theres the fighter which is faster than a mid-fighter, has miniature missles which lock-on to other fighters, and laser cannons that shoot at a rapid rate; lock-on is almost instantaneous they go after fighters. The fighters only attack enemy ships; they come back because they are low on fuel, missles, bombs, and hull integrity. They go in pursuit in enemy fighters(not including bombers which always target the enemy ship). Also after docking the fighters will come back out after a minute has passed.
These massive ships are always under ai control and cannot be captured . Then theres those particle cannons, beam cannons, and repeating blaster turrets that don't take much energy and they don't require recharging. There are 4 heavy turrets which inflict a lot of damage to heavily armored and heavily shielded ships. Their ais are disabled unless there are at least 10 ppl on one team and 10 ppl on another but only in mv. The fighters have some hull inegrity but just enough to survive 5 chemical laser hits. A capitol ship has a limitless storage capacity and also can be repaired by support ships it takes a long time to do so if it is out of all resources in cargo. If a capitol ship wins a battle everybody that was near there or launching qtorps from a distance will earn credits for as much damage that they did to the enemy capitol ship and to the surrounding enemies. Also prestige that was earned in
the battle is also added for successful mission. That would be cool capitol ships cannot be destroyed unless they are engaged in battle with another capitol ship. They can be commanded to do certain things. They have a jump field all allies that are near it will be pulled helplesly along within that field called hyperjump field. The capitol ship is the only ship that has a hyperjump field. It is more advanced and it's direction will change to avoid collision with planets and also to avoid causing the captive audience from crashing too. Hyperjump is not affect by jump disrupter because of the jump field that the hyperjump component creates. I think I went to far in this idea though.

[ This Message was edited by: Yamakaze on 2007-02-03 14:03 ]

Page created in 0.015623 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR