Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Pull my finger
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Pull my finger
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-25 01:36   
Rev contrary to popular belief, far more kids below the age of 13 have seen things on TV far more horrifing than is in this thread, seriously - if a cut off finger turns your bowels to water I have absolutely no idea how many of the people I know can play games where the graphical detail is immense and the amount of gore is staggering.

Matter or not whether its a game or RL - the same thing applies.

As for people who are very young, forums are a dangerous place as it is. I may be the devils advocate here, but I have seen far too many 'kids' in my time who have seen as bad or worse, and to have heard and talked about worse here in the DS lobby itself to condemn a picture in a forum (where worse has been present) to the lowest point of low.

Admittingly, It might have been better with a warning (who really wants to see gore like that when they wake up?), but I feel alot of your attitudes are far more extreme than is neccessary in this situation.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-25 03:59   
Bob, my girlfriend says its a skin disease. One for sure that I'm now going to spend my entire life trying to avoid.

Worst thing is, there's no pain because it kills the nerve endings first, so you can actualy get fingers like that.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-01-25 04:00 ]

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2007-01-25 06:14   
I was wondering what it was, looked like a burn to me,

isnt that desease leperac, leperiece, leperacey....ahhh that one in the bible?

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-25 12:28   
It doesn't matter if kids have seen worse Ent. Not every kid has, so it would be nice to try and keep it away from the ones who havn't seen it.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-25 12:57   
Damn double post. No delete button.

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2007-01-25 13:04 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-25 13:02   
Oh so if they don't see it here, its okay if they see it anywhere else...

If you're on the internet longer than five minutes, you -are- going to see as bad. Or worse. If you play any game that isnt rated super-G, your probably going to see as bad, or worse. The same with movies.

Gotcha. Thats real logical thinking there. Saying that no kid who goes online hasn't seen anything like this is like saying no kid has gone to school around other kids who do harmful things. Realities abound, they either see it now or they see it down the road.

But more than likely, Its already been seen. Warnings would have been good, but I still say such extremeist reactions are too far in this case. I'd be more convinced if it was a link to a bad Japaneese pr0n flick - those would give even the most insane man nightmares.

But I have to say, if you don't want to expose your kids to the nasty, evil horrors of reality, keep them away from TVs, console platforms and especially computers. Oh and don't let them wander out alone either. And home school them.

Then probably, they haven't and will not see such things.

As an addendum, I should remind you that PG-13 stands for parental guidance is suggested for kids 13 and younger. DS is in no way G rated, but it is far less hostile an enviorment for an online game.

-Ent

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-01-25 13:38   
Normally I wouldn't post this, but as this thread is about a severed finger, and because none of you decided to heed Shig, I leave you with this.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.011084 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR