Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » It's been a long time coming.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author It's been a long time coming.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-21 05:34   
I think Ramius hit the very big nail, on the very big head, with an even bigger hammer.

Those people capable of helping, and in a possition to do so, are sometimes hampered, or slowed simply by the development 'cycle' of the game, and because of this, the game has been aweful for quite some time now.

There's a saying in another company I work for, that states "A bad game attracts rotten apples", which is what has happened to DarkSpace.

DarkSpace has hit a very deep low with 1.483, and a very long one at that, and so over time, a lot of the good players (those with good intent and kindness) have left. The game allows for extreme lameness (whichever way you look at it, mirving an entire faction to bits because someone killed you in a dictor is lame (example, lets not turn this anti/pro-mirv)), and as such, players who enjoy exploiting such weaknesses in the game flock here, and exploit the holes.

As such, the game becomes less, and less fun, as more and more people who exploit the holes play.

Admins and moderators (and even some dev's), can only do so much. Having said all this, Darkspace has lasted far, far, far longer than any MMO I've ever seen in this state (I don't ever think I've seen a community hang on this long, even with many rotten apples), so in that, there is hope.

However, with the game as it is, we will always attract those that play the game for themselves, and do not care about others - and because of that, the community suffers, and this will not be solved until the game is playable again (in an enjoyable manner).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-01-21 05:37 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-21 13:05   
Yes i suppose i was talking about the old days when the game first came out that there were developers that played and did work.

Please dont get me wrong, as i have already said i am not only blaming staff but players as well (including me). it is a tough struggle to go through this past 6 years or so.

I hope all works out and I really want it to. No matter where i am going to be in game or in lobby i will give it my all to help improve spirits/morale as best i can even if that means i am going to get flack from those "trouble makers". Also i dont complain about game play and i never even mentioned it and i never will so i think i am staying on track here with this thread. it is about morale and dealing with the trouble makers.

as a long time Vet of the game i will look for the bad apples and help them as much as i can and i urge all vets to do the same. we have the right to do it no matter what color our shirts are.

thanks again, and while im not up for the baby making stuff because i already did that with my wife i still love you all... especially you Demorian

-Chall

Email Challenger
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-21 14:28   
We have a guest, Ramius. Shall you let him in or shall I?

-Dem

PS. Love you too, Chall. Glad to see you're in good health.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.012691 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR