Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » It's been a long time coming.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author It's been a long time coming.
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2007-01-20 17:03   
But maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be.

Email Ramius
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2007-01-20 17:08   
Quote:

On 2006-07-21 00:25 , -RevenG- wrote:

Well, I guess it's that time, I knew it was coming, and today, it has. I will start off by asking that no one remove this thread, and if they do, PM me and let me know, so I can contact a few people. This is mainly to the people on my friends list, but also for everyone else here.
I've been here a long time, I think of it as a chapter in my life. Life must go on though, and so it is time to close this chapter. Due to some events in real life, I am taking my leave of this community, and the game. I would like to stay, as nothing has driven me away, aside from real life. I've made alot of great friends, to numerous to name. I've known you guys for 2 years plus someodd months. We had great times, and you guys were there for me when it was rough. If you want to still talk to me, I have MSN and AIM, which I'll give now. MSN: revengds@hotmail.com AIM: RevenGDS I only ask, that only the people on my friends list add these, as I will not accept other people, I have my reasons. I'm glad I could be here all this time, this game will forever hold a place in my heart, so will the community, which is the best I have ever seen. Glad to have known you guys. This chapter in my life is closed, maybe one day I can return. I wont be in the lobby again, I'll only check the website for the next few days. Also, for those wanting to know what happened at the end of this chapter, well, safe to say, it ends happily. Have fun guys. Don't forget me...

Email Ramius
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-20 18:36   
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 10:47, Enterprise wrote:

For the most part, Dem hits the nail on the head. The older vets - I'm talking, 3 years, 4 years running people, are gone. Those are the people who in their hearts did not (or the majority of them did not) act like utter fools.
Vets aren't the only people who are able to act with respect and like most of the othrs that have posted I can only say that a majority of the player base on DS has got no respect for other people, and if/when you bring this up with them they use the vry childish reply of "well he did it to me first"..

This patch changed alot - it brought newer players, newer players with absolutely no respect to authority and even less respect to their fellow players, because unlike older vets, they only thought of themselves, only thought of their enjoyment. And if they saw this post, they would only say "I don't care, Ill do whatever I want, because I can!" because they have not, that maturity and that fellow respect that older DSers had.

Once again I will say it the majority of the player base has no respect and is not willing to take responsibility for the things they do. They would rather use childish remarks to try and hide behind.

You might also note that a lot of the people that have the attitude that is causing all the problems are only kids (don't get me wrong there are a lot of young people on DS that do the right thing and they should be congratulated for it)

In my 23 years in the I.T industry I have come to notice that people who act badly while they are online tend to be the same in the way they act no matter what they are doing.

Now I don't know if I am one of the people that any of you have refered to in your posts, I am really hoping that I am not though cause anythng I have compained or whined about has been things that are now causing even bigger problems.

What can we do about these people with the bad attitudes? Not much as most of the time they are not breaking any rules.

What can we do about the problems the game has? Not much because very basically it seems to me that Faustus is quite happy to just let the game continue to spiral downwards very slowly.

Personally I hope that something is done really fast to save this game, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for it cause I don't think I could hold my breath for that long.

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-20 18:49   
odex im not sure you dont seem particuarly well liked on SC i wonder whther you may consider poeple actually behave differently on a agma than they do in real life, hence why people falll out on msn then are nice to each other when they get back i dont know why you login anymore i really dont you NEVER play you dont pay and only point out bad things yes i am a controversial player taht gives you no rights you say the way people act online is hwo they act in real life

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-20 19:16   
I don't know Codex, it seems to me that the ROC 3.1.3 Harassment is breached quite a lot to even a personal extent in the forums and in the lobby. To me the moderators need to get stricter. I miss Demorian. (yes you Dem, even though you have no idea who I am or hate me or both)

And please have pity on readers' eyes Blueprint, take a few extra seconds to have some grammar in posts. It really is hard on the eyes.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-20 19:47   
Yes it is kind of long but please read it.

I am one who has been lurking in the shadows as of late. I am a Vet and have been subbed for years then I took a long break 1 year almost to the day and when I came back there was no improvement in the game at all and certainly not in the community. Now I don’t post a lot but I do read a lot and I read all the responses here.

RevenG: I understand your frustration and where you are coming from, but as you posted again in this thread I also read “I’d complain also if I still played or cared that much.” Well I think you answered your own point you were making my friend. You don’t care (as you mentioned) and I don’t think most people care either. There are reasons why people don’t care and it isn’t necessarily their fault.

Enterprise: I couldn’t agree with you more. I think leadership is a bit of an issue. I was a mod for a year or so back in the day (when there was an active player base) and things were a lot different then compared to now. I have brought this up with administration and asked why there aren’t Mod meetings anymore and the answer is almost always the same “we don’t need Mod meetings” correct me if I am wrong but with the serious issues that this community has why aren’t we looking at the leadership as well as the player base. (By that I mean why aren’t the administrators looking at the Moderators.)

Demorian: I like his comments about trying to not blame the players. Although some of the blame should fall on SOME of the players, other blames needs to be directed to the ones who are creating this game and inventing new patches. Face it this game wasn’t fully ready to be released from Beta to Pay to Play, and please don’t tell me I am lying as I am not the only one who says this. I have friends that were admins and knew the setup that Faustus was running and I am shocked by it and hope to god that he has upgraded it (although I am not to sure considering all the lag issues that we are facing today) it can be extremely frustrating at times and we are all human and vent at times but not all that blame can be placed on the players.

Lyedtau: Not true many moons ago Developers did play a very active roll and were extremely busy. Hell I remember getting messages in game “Everyone head to Beta so we can test this new setup” and they would get on the lobby campers to do the same as well. Demorian was right check your facts.

In ending I love this community. I have invested hundreds of dollars into Faustus and sometimes I feel like we are on the back burner. Especially when we never hear from him and there are hardly no staff meetings for us to see him. It is extremely heart broken and yes I DO CARE unlike so others and it does suck and it is worth talking (posting in forums) about. Face it paying customers have a right to a decent product and if the product is fubar then of course they are going to rant about it. And this saying “Well if you don’t like it then un-sub or leave” is complete CRAP (wish I could use a more abrasive word) that would be like me selling you a bad apple and telling you to bad go away!

As for the habitual ranters and problem causers yes they seriously do have issues but so does the staff for allowing it and there not being any real repercussions. Because I am not staff anymore it is hard for me to assume things and comment. But all I can say is that things are really different with the whole system and the meetings should be implemented again.

Yes RevenG I think we all need to change but that doesn’t only include the players. It also has to include the staff and especially Faustus. It cant be that he is loosing money on this game… well… because it is still running so he has to be earning something. In my eyes the least he can do is devote 30 minutes a day to show up and talk to us about progress or even the weather for the love of God. Even I have to make an appearance at work to get my paycheck. Well I will stop now before some feelings get hurt and my account gets wiped. But I thank you RevenG for your post and allowing us to put in our feelings and thoughts, and I hope all works out. This game kicked ass back in the day and I would love to see it get there again but we all need to work on it not just an individual person or group.

-Chall

Email Challenger
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-01-20 20:47   
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 19:47, Challenger wrote:

In ending I love this community. I have invested hundreds of dollars into Faustus and sometimes I feel like we are on the back burner. Especially when we never hear from him and there are hardly no staff meetings for us to see him. It is extremely heart broken and yes I DO CARE unlike so others and it does suck and it is worth talking (posting in forums) about. Face it paying customers have a right to a decent product and if the product is fubar then of course they are going to rant about it. And this saying “Well if you don’t like it then un-sub or leave” is complete CRAP (wish I could use a more abrasive word) that would be like me selling you a bad apple and telling you to bad go away!

First off, most of us who have been here on the betterside of two years have spent over a hundred bucks on this. We do hear Faustus, as of late too, he's been in the lobby and will talk with players here and there, and tell us what he's doing. While I can understand players being disgruntled about a broken game that they choose to subscribe too.

Telling them to Unsubscribe or just leave is about the only thing we, as the general playerbase, can do to help them with their anger against Darkspace. It isnt crap, because it's true. Players pay for this game by choice, and many of them who continue to pay for it complain it is broken, yet they still play. It's their choice to spend their money here, and they know what their going to get when they do spend their money.

If they dont want to pay for a broken game, then they can unsubscribe and that will be that. They only cause problems when they do pay and bitch about how they shouldnt be paying to play..

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-20 21:06   
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 14:47, Demorian wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 13:20, Lyedtau wrote:
Although Dem has a point, DarkSpace has never had active developers that have played the game, or been true players before being developers (and so know the game through playing it - not through developing it).

Fact check, aisle five.

-Dem

Depends on what you call active I suppose Dem *shrug*. I think what he was trying to say was that they had no real active developers, that still played the game actively like players (atleast not since the very, very early days, but the games changed a lot since then).

@Challanger, I think Lyed was on about actualy playing the game, not just developing

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-01-20 21:29 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-20 21:37   
Quote:

On 2007-01-20 19:47, Challenger wrote:

RevenG: I understand your frustration and where you are coming from, but as you posted again in this thread I also read “I’d complain also if I still played or cared that much.” Well I think you answered your own point you were making my friend.

I'll clear this up. I don't play now. I don't really care enough to complain about MiRVs ect. Even when I did play, I didn't complain. The main point of this thread was not the game problems. It's about the players that cause problems, who are just trolls. See, even though I don't play, this effects me. This effects many of the people I call friends, and others. They are sick of the people who only try to cause problems. There are a number of these people. Game problems are of minor concern compared to this. The community is what keeps alot of people here still, but the community is being torn apart. As such, the people will leave. This isn't a topic about the game problems. It's about the people, and as such, let us keep on topic.

Ramius, the reason I left, was because of what happened to the community. I'm only back to try and save what I once loved. Anyways, the only time I have entered the lobby since then, is to discuss what is happening. Can't really do that in PMs.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-20 22:03   
There is not much more that can be added on to what Rev, Crim, Ent and most the other have said. It's time to step it up. Lets clean up DS and lets stop with all this childish behavior. The community is what brought me to stay at DS. In no other game that I have played have I been forced to actually get to know the player base as well as you do here. Lets face it, it is a PvP game. You actually have to try really hard to not get to know this community, or not speak english(nothing against you if you don't. Just makes it harder.).

We need to start thinking about other players in DS. Just because you are having fun doing whatever you are doing you could very well be making the game miserable for someone else. Witch only sparks anger, and that anger will only lead to more anger, and we are forced to deal with what we have been dealing with lately. People bickering flamming, posting flame bait. It all needs to stop. The flaming in the forums, the harassing in the lobby and negativness I keep seing.

I still enjoy loggin on chating a bit and playing the game. There are people in the community I don't care for but I just brush that off. That is true anywhere. This game should be fun for everyone that logs in.

I don't balme the the staff. I blame everyone. The staff can only do so much, but I feel we shold tighten down some more. Not only the staff, but the players too. Step up everyone. Show the newer/older players that the bickering/flamming/harassing isn't cool and not accepted. This will only work when everyone comes together and realises this is a game that will be more fun if EVERYone is having fun.

I know this is probably a long rant that is all over the place .

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-20 22:10   
Thank you Smartin. What you just posted, is what I was getting at.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2007-01-21 00:31   
Honestly, it's not something that is really in our control. A select few players use the forums, out of those, most are not the troublemakers. Out of the select few, not many have the power nor will to overtly tell people to "shape up." There is an inherent, simple truth here: The community, though no one's direct fault. has become overrun by bad gameplay. This is occurs when the game is stagnant and unmoving.

Let's be honest: There has not been any true development of the game in a solid direction for two years now. Of course, we have the former mods and administration struggling to remain in some sort of control, but they can only last so long; they are only human. Some people rise to the occasion to help salvage the game with whatever skills they possess, but over time, these people become burnt out that there is no direction here. I can list these people forever:

Gideon
Nimby
Jack
Shig
Doran
Draf
Demorian
|2eason
Josef

To name a few...

There is only one, honest solution: Game development. Without that, Smartin, Rev, and everyone else in this thread will become bitter and eventually leave for good. It is only human. But, if there were to be consistent updates, consistent communication, consistent development, then everyone will be reminded of why they began to play this game in the first place. If that happens, all these issues with lack of leadership, no playerbase, and all this in-fighting will be dwarfed by people having a great time. The mods and admins will like doing their job, because it will be appreciated by an appreciative community. So as of right now, this starts and ends with one person: Faustus.

I hope he understands that the Darkspace community has literally transgressed the boundary of a simple online game. This is a game that is in dire need of attention from developers: a game that by any other account should have been dead years ago, but due to the incredible resilience of the community who CONTINUE to support Darkspace, even when they know that there could be no updates for the foreseeable future, it continues to flourish. It is extremely incredible, especially in this day when there are MMORPGS such as Guild Wars that have no online cost and continue to support many more players and developments.

This is one fact is an inherent message to Faustus: If we're on the backburner, don't put us there. We're here for you, we're here to support you, but you have to give us something. Even in the other thread, when you posted once in the game that you alone have managed, so many people were grateful that they have at least heard from you, and that you haven't forgotten about them.

To everyone else, continue to be active, that is all we can do. Play on.

Email Ramius
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-21 00:52   
I love you, Ramius. Let's make babies.

-Dem

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-21 00:58   
There is to be no baby making here! Use the Darkspace Babymaking channel in the lobby for that.

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-01-21 01:11   
Quote:

On 2007-01-21 00:58, -RevenG- wrote:
There is to be no baby making here! Use the Darkspace Babymaking channel in the lobby for that.

Please tell me there isn't really a channel named that....

And Dem I am still waiting for my wet pool noodle beating.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021036 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR